Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #128
Apparently I never posted these here:
[video=youtube;7h2KeiF8c10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2KeiF8c10[/video]

[video=youtube;uIdTNQ-Cqvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdTNQ-Cqvs[/video]

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #133
As of a couple weeks ago I will be replacing the engine. I picked up a pretty much new engine from a nearby scrap yard with 2,500 miles on it. My current block has a spark plug in cylinder 4 that will not come out. I am afraid that if I try any harder that I will shear the plug off in the block.

photo_2017-10-20_11-19-46.jpg

During this process I will be replacing the still stock clutch & flywheel. I have moved to Montana and no longer have access to e85 so I am no longer able to use the GTX2867r to anywhere near what it is capable of. I will be picking up a Garrett Gen 2 GTX2860r with a .52 AR Tial exhaust housing to go to a smaller faster spooling turbo. I have been pondering on the idea of meth, but have not placed an order on anything to do that yet.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As of a couple weeks ago I will be replacing the engine. I picked up a pretty much new engine from a nearby scrap yard with 2,500 miles on it. My current block has a spark plug in cylinder 4 that will not come out. I am afraid that if I try any harder that I will shear the plug off in the block.

How long/how many miles has that plug been in the head??

When I hear stuff like this, it makes me want to change out the 1 year old/6K mile factory plugs IMMEDIATELY, to prevent this from happening. [:(]

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #135
How long/how many miles has that plug been in the head??

When I hear stuff like this, it makes me want to change out the 1 year old/6K mile factory plugs IMMEDIATELY, to prevent this from happening. [:(]
I don't think this is a very common issue. I could be wrong. The plugs had about 5k miles on them. I try to change them every other oil change. DHM had always recommended to replace them every oil change for protective measure. I used anti-seize every time I change plugs as well.

These went in at around 60,000 miles. The car now has ~65,000 miles.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't think this is a very common issue. I could be wrong. The plugs had about 5k miles on them. I try to change them every other oil change. DHM had always recommended to replace them every oil change for protective measure. I used anti-seize every time I change plugs as well.

These went in at around 60,000 miles. The car now has ~65,000 miles.
In all my years I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer say to use anti-seize....after all ...When they designed the engine they most likely factored that in or thought about it and decided against it...IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #137
In all my years I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer say to use anti-seize....after all ...When they designed the engine they most likely factored that in or thought about it and decided against it...IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'm not saying its the right way or anything, just was making sure to note that in case it was of importance. Interestingly enough my brother who is a mechanic, the first thing he asks me, did you use anti-seize on the plug?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #140
Well I did a thing. I ordered a smaller turbo. Not much smaller, but it should be a good change from what is on there.

Current Turbo: GTX2867r with if I remember correct .64ar Tial Exhaust Housing

New Turbo: Gen 2 GTX2860r with .52ar Tial Exhaust Housing

https://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/mercha...oduct_Code=GRT-TBO-754&Category_Code=GG2-2860

I need to figure out what I am going to do for fueling. When I was in Idaho I had access to e85 and would mix it for an e50 mix. Unfortunately e85 is not available where I am at here in Montana. I could order e98 by the barrel or I could find another fueling solution.