Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #162
Used them in the past for other various small items on other vehicles. They are great to work with.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Used them in the past for other various small items on other vehicles. They are great to work with.
Saved them in my book marks...makes me wanna buy an engine and build it up...cripes it's cheaper than buying a turbo!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #164
Saved them in my book marks...makes me wanna buy an engine and build it up...cripes it's cheaper than buying a turbo!

Truth behind that... Turbo was more than the engine. lol

It has lots of parts attached to it still too. I have an extra set of coils and various other parts that bolt onto the block.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Shipping might run you a bit more though. They delivered it on the back of a tow truck. Apparently they make runs over to where I live to pick up wrecked cars to sell a few times a week.

Another place to look is http://car-part.com/ -- They index all of the places like LKQ and wrecker yards. Good selection of stuff available.
Yeah there's an Lkq near me in Mn...[emoji106]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Talking with my tuner the Aux Fuel will be staying on my car. I am likely going to order the 4 port aux from Stratified. Ultimately for a strong 91 + meth setup. Looking to make the same power the car made when it ran 11's. Faster spool up should speed up 1/4 mile times if I am able to make it back to a track.

I upgrade the MyFordTouch system to Sync 3 with junk yard parts last night.
View attachment 16031
Is it as easy as plug and play?

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #170
Is it as easy as plug and play?

Yep, I don't believe the emergency 911 functions will work correct as I do not have a GPS attached to it. The MyFordTouch USB hub will work with Android Auto, but not Apple Car Play. If you want apple car play you will need to upgrade the usb hub.

Yep, I don't believe the emergency 911 functions will work correct as I do not have a GPS attached to it. The MyFordTouch USB hub will work with Android Auto, but not Apple Car Play. If you want apple car play you will need to upgrade the usb hub.
Anyway you could throw down a parts list ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does it need a different GPS antenna than my 2015 setup? Did you have Nav before or not...if no Nav then I undestand why GPS no worky....due to you not having proper antenna/hardware. Now I just have to find a unit if that's the case...

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #174
Anyway you could throw down a parts list ?
You will need the following: (picked the screen and APIM up as a single unit from car-part.com) (I searched for the following: 2016 Ford Fiesta -> GPS Screen ->display, 6.5" (touch screen), (display without module), ID G1BT-18B955-TB)
  • 2016+ 6.5" GPS Screen
  • 2016+ Fiesta APIM (Can be from a standard Fiesta if it has the 6.5" screen.)

For Apple Car Play: (this requires modification to the plug that connects to the usb port via a ford pig tail)
  • USB HUB: HU5Z-19A387-A
  • Pigtail to connect USB Hub to MyFordTouch: CU2Z-14S411-AA

External GPS, not sure what model or part number as I did not replace this and don't intend to. I use the GPS off my phone via Google Maps and Android Auto.

Does it need a different GPS antenna than my 2015 setup? Did you have Nav before or not...if no Nav then I undestand why GPS no worky....due to you not having proper antenna/hardware. Now I just have to find a unit if that's the case...

From what I can tell the external gps antenna from the 2015 is built into the harness that connects to the back of the APIM. This changed for Sync 3, it now uses an external gps antenna and has a port on the back of the APIM to connect it to. As far as having nav before, yes I did have it. There is a difference in the 2016+ APIMs, there are two different versions, one that supports NAV, one that does not.

Here are the differences:
Okay found some more info. It appears like the number that matters that will determine if it is Nav equipped or not is on the back of the APIM module that is attached to the screen.

Here is info from the APIM and Screen I got from car-part.com

What made you decide to get a new engine and harness and all the other stuff? Were the original parts in the car giving you issues?

Edit: Nevermind for some reason I didn’t realize you had been putting stuff here. Just started re-reading through it.