Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #101
Well, got the intake in. Also got my aux fuel system wired in permanently. Time to start the e30-e40 tune!

After the long drive from Boise to Las Vegas for SEMA, this happened:

2014 FIST with 11,000 miles, Cobb RMM, and MBRP Exhaust. Going to pick it up after work tonight. This will be modded very similar to my white one.

After the long drive from Boise to Las Vegas for SEMA, this happened:

2014 FIST with 11,000 miles, Cobb RMM, and MBRP Exhaust. Going to pick it up after work tonight. This will be modded very similar to my white one.[/QUOTE]

Why for sir? [:0]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Intake arrived and was installed last night. I went with the 2J Racing cowl intake. As stated on their website, this intake is not recommended for normal day to day use. I however happen to like the sound. My wife, not sure that's the case, we will find out as time goes on. [popcorn]

I sorta broke one of the clips that hold the headlights in. I wish I would have taken a picture of it going back, but I did some digging and I believe I found the correct part number. Even through it was broken, the headlight still sat quite firm once it was screwed down.

On Monday I put an order in with Dead Hook Racing for a turbo kit, their race FMIC, and a sound symposer delete kit.
I see the air filter/intake is now up into the cowl area....would it be possible to install a naca duct in the hood to bring more air directly at that filter ....possibly decreasing in coming air Temps Instead of sucking in hot under hood air? I Did a naca duct on my Typhoon for the CAI AND built a box for it. Turned out great and was able to avoid just consuming hot air since it was close to the turbo and exhaust manifold.....just a thought.

I've been seeing a lot of CAI intakes being installed on cars but it's truly not a CAI and it's just hauling in hot air and increasing intake temps.....just more food for thought.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I see the air filter/intake is now up into the cowl area....would it be possible to install a naca duct in the hood to bring more air directly at that filter ....possibly decreasing in coming air Temps Instead of sucking in hot under hood air? I Did a naca duct on my Typhoon for the CAI AND built a box for it. Turned out great and was able to avoid just consuming hot air since it was close to the turbo and exhaust manifold.....just a thought.

I've been seeing a lot of CAI intakes being installed on cars but it's truly not a CAI and it's just hauling in hot air and increasing intake temps.....just more food for thought.
The 2j intake sits inside the cowl sealed off from hot engine air. I have logs of mine pulling ambient temperature air. The cowl is air negative pressure area. I have no idea what you're going on about it being a typical hot air intake. It's probably the only true cold air for our cars on the market.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Look at the upper CAI intake that's got green piping....what do engines do? Generate heat....thus pulling in warmer air....not true CAI. I'm not here to get into a keyboard commando battle with you. I was making suggestions of utilizing a naca duct to introduce ambient air with a ramming force. But then again WTF do I know ?

Read the quote at the bottom of the page also.....[wave]

Here is some interesting reading.....http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/naca_duct.html

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Look at the upper CAI intake that's got green piping....what do engines do? Generate heat....thus pulling in warmer air....not true CAI. I'm not here to get into a keyboard commando battle with you. I was making suggestions of utilizing a naca duct to introduce ambient air with a ramming force. But then again WTF do I know ?

Read the quote at the bottom of the page also.....[wave]

Here is some interesting reading.....http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/naca_duct.html
I feel like you're confused about something. There are two different intakes that have been on the car. The 2JR which goes into the cowl is definitely not pulling hot air... It's sealed off from the engine bay... That is a true CAI. The green intake is from DHM. Two different intakes. Also, who cares? We're forced induction.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I feel like you're confused about something. There are two different intakes that have been on the car. The 2JR which goes into the cowl is definitely not pulling hot air... It's sealed off from the engine bay... That is a true CAI. The green intake is from DHM. Two different intakes. Also, who cares? We're forced induction.
Thank you. He doesn't seem to get it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The cowl unit is indeed a true cold air as he has explained and is running on the car, I would have one but to noisy for my taste.

Instead I have a triple insulated pipe over the manifold area and a big velocity stack in the grill pulling not only cold but a bit of forced air in which was quite a job to fit, lots of hacking few would do.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #111
The cowl unit is indeed a true cold air as he has explained and is running on the car, I would have one but to noisy for my taste.

Instead I have a triple insulated pipe over the manifold area and a big velocity stack in the grill pulling not only cold but a bit of forced air in which was quite a job to fit, lots of hacking few would do.
No longer have that intake on the car as of a couple days ago. :p

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5148-Idaho-Sleeper-Build?p=122085&viewfull=1#post122085

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Oops!

I think the last one was better as long as not in the winter, if you can deal with the noise.....

Or, route it into the grill area....for warmer conditions.

You still have a very bad ass FiST though either way and in cold weather under the hood is better, I know from working on tunes in 30 and below weather and your new one looks great:)

(by far I am not the expert on this of course)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Best part about being a DHM Race intercooler owner is the increase in Intake temps negate what the engines sees. Charge air temp has not increased at all with the new intake! I dont even sell these intakes lol but its nice to show how much work that intercooler puts in!

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Being the first to order the DHM crash bar/IC, makes me really happy to hear this though I may of save a lot of work and some funds doing what I did:)

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #115
With the 2JR intake I was never really happy with the blow off noise. Now that were running a bit more boost and the intake noise is gone, I love the noise the Tial puts off.

[video=youtube;EVua-_JsB8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVua-_JsB8k[/video]

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #117
Took an 800 mile trip this weekend. Car did great! Found some little tunnels. We don't really have tunnels in Idaho...

[video=youtube;i9WB2Qn4ZVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WB2Qn4ZVI[/video]
[video=youtube;dNRYcrw8cYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRYcrw8cYU[/video]

Jesus...your car sounds amazing.... Is all that backfire on lift off due in part to your tune by DHM!? Also, do you still have the resonator on the MBRP?

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #120
Jesus...your car sounds amazing.... Is all that backfire on lift off due in part to your tune by DHM!? Also, do you still have the resonator on the MBRP?
The afterfire is all in the tune. I still have the resonator in the MBRP.