Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, thats what I'm saying, unless you're a "big" guy they're probably not the best seats for you. I'm 6'4 170lbs and fit perfectly.
I wouldn't even consider myself "big" though but I put about 30 minutes driving in with the Recaro's and my back just never fit between the bolsters. And at the price they want for them the bolsters should be adjustable. If my 1986 mustang could manage adjustable bolsters they a car 30 years newer has no excuse.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well so far I haven't had any problems. I love them too much. I work for Ford so it makes it easier top get replacements if need be.
IF I had any confidence left at all in Recaro as a company, or if they offered the full cloth in a ONE PIECE, integrated headrest, 'racing style' type seat back, I might have sprung for them.
But as they sit, NO they just are not worth it to me.

AzNightmare

To each their own... For sure, you're gonna want seats you're comfortable in since that's the one thing you'll be using the most when you're in your car.

But if I didn't like the seats, I probably would have just went with another car altogether, lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since this was the ONLY car I was ever considering on this new car buying scenario (for various reasons), that was not an option.

But changing out the base seats for a set of great aftermarket ones IS. [wink]

Huh??? What are you talking about? [???:)]
Larger people tend to like larger cars. i.e. someone who's 6'5" and 275lbs likely isn't going to daily a Miata.

I'm sure I'm generalizing a bit but the Fiesta isn't exactly a large person kinda car.

Larger people tend to like larger cars. i.e. someone who's 6'5" and 275lbs likely isn't going to daily a Miata.

I'm sure I'm generalizing a bit but the Fiesta isn't exactly a large person kinda car.
Well I could not really even consider the Recaros and I am only 5'8" tall. I do weigh 230 lbs. and I also bench 485 lbs. So they are just too narrow for me. That said, I have no issues with the FiST--it is exactly what I wanted as a small, nimble and fun car. Without the Recaros, of course :)

I'm 5' 10", 220 lbs, and overall a pretty wide shoulder/frame, and I felt uncomfortable in them. Went with the base and figured I could swap the driver seat later if I wanted. No regrets after 7 months of ownership thus far. Those Recaros just aren't one size fits all and could use more adjust-ability.

If only i could find some OEM Recaros at reasonable price or some out of a wrecked, which seems impossible to me. Just going to buy some aftermarket ones probably some from braumracing.

I am 6', 185 lbs. Not too heavy. The Recaros where way too tight to be comfortable, and way too hard for Michigan roads. This caused me not to buy my first two car choices. I found one with cloth seats and am very happy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If only i could find some OEM Recaros at reasonable price or some out of a wrecked, which seems impossible to me. Just going to buy some aftermarket ones probably some from braumracing.
SPS are the only ones handling those seats currently, correct?

travs_st

Long time lurker and thought I'd chime in here for prospective buyers. Background: I had a 2015 Performance Blue loaded, with the Recaros. I drove it 10,000 miles in 3+ years because I didn't like the seats. I'm 6'01" and 187 pounds. I play amateur ice hockey often, so I have larger legs if that makes any sense. I could never get the seat angle right to where it wasn't digging into the back of my hamstrings, so I'd kind of sag down in the seat to compensate and then my lower back would start hurting. They looked awesome and were very supportive in spirited driving and the heated seats were the fastest ever!

Anyhow, my car was rear-ended by a Ford Expedition at a stop light, so that was the end of that. Due to no one buying them and able to get almost $7K off MSRP, I bought a leftover 2018 WRX STi Limited with the Recaros which are WAY more comfortable for me. Night and day difference, although I will say the WRX Recaros are no where as near as secure in spirited driving as the Fiesta's and they are from two completely different price points.

Lastly, even having the STi, I missed my Fiesta ST dearly and with used prices being where they were, I just picked up another 2015 Fiesta ST, sunroof, Navigation, Rado wheels/calipers, just this time with the BASE seats, in the original color I really wanted...GREEN ENVY! I road tripped it 500+ miles back home and for me, the base seats are way more comfortable and they are fairly supportive in the turns themselves.

Again, I am not knocking the Fiesta Recaros! I think they look awesome and if they work for you, I am envious! People looking into buying one of these cars really need to sit in both and decide. At the end of the day, a Fiesta ST, Recaros or Base seats, is an amazing and special car. So much so, I bought another! [perfect10]