Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters

CanadianST

I'll second getting compliments on the molten interior, Really glad us Canadians get them standard they really add to the car. Guess we're just lucky ehh.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #45
I got the molten lava interior with the recaro! oh my God my car is a beauty! Everyone compliments it! I think the Recaro package really was a make it or break it for me!!!
Especially on a black car, the Molten Interior really stands out. Great choice on your color combo.

Molten Orange with the matching Recaros. The seats were a requirement. If I couldn't find one, I'd order it.

The cloth seats. Recaro are too confining for a 250# 6'4" moose like me. Also the $2000 extra was just a little too much to swallow. I will miss the heated seats and mirrors which should be separate items like in my 2013 Focus SE.
Pretty mch my thoughts...I had recaros in my EVO and for daily driving/short trips they were not too bad. For longer trips than 30minutes or so, my back would start to hurt. They were a little too stiff. I think the EVO seat was a little wider too. Immediately after I sat in one with the recaros my lats were crushed. If I need to stay planted I'll get a set of harnesses. Not to mention the extra price.

Ford already had to include seats, so in reality the recaros cost MORE than the $1995 on the sticker. That's outrageous.

Recaros was the #1 necessary option for me when I was shopping. Sunroof was a nice to have, navi was a meh - take it or leave it.

At 5'6" and ~200lb I'm snug in these seats, especially when taking tight banked interstate onramps. Damn, they feel good and I know my body isn't sliding around anywhere. It's also a good reminder that I need to loose some weight.

Recaros was the #1 necessary option for me when I was shopping. Sunroof was a nice to have, navi was a meh - take it or leave it.

At 5'6" and ~200lb I'm snug in these seats, especially when taking tight banked interstate onramps. Damn, they feel good and I know my body isn't sliding around anywhere. It's also a good reminder that I need to loose some weight.
The dealer asked me if I had ever sat in recaro when I said I wanted them... he said they "aren't comfortable for big guys like us". I pretty much walked away. He was at least twice my size.

I'm 5'10 at about 260lbs. I find them extremely comfortable.

I'm glad I went to another dealer who didn't ask me stupid questions like that.

They happened to be on the car that I bought, although if they didn't have them I was going to order with them anyways. I love the way they feel, keep me nice and secure. Anyone have any thoughts on cleaning the cloth however? The leather I can handle, just wasn't sure of the cloth.

Try upholstery cleaner. I bought some and will report back my findings when I can.
Upholstery cleaner works well. Cleaned the seat right up. I recommend a soft brush while using it. Get the stuff from the auto parts store.

When I saw the option for Recaros, I said that the only way this was coming home was if it had recaros. I didn't care about anything else. All I wanted were those seats. But then I end up coming home with a fully loaded monster. Thank you Recaro seats. You are awesome...My only regret is that they did not have the molten orange color on any of the STs they had in their inventory. Finding a good way to Re-upholster them is gonna be hard.

I'm 6'2" and 260lbs, the Recaros are snug on my thighs but perfect otherwise. With this cars exceptional abilities I personally can't imagine not have the Recaro seats, would be holding on for dear life around every corner with the standard seats.

Greetings all, new here

Was so stoked to get my FiST today in the Molten Orange w/ the Orange Recaros dealer had to jump thru strings to find one with all the toys, well after I got in I found out those great Recaro and my upper back don't get along.I'm 6'3 and 255 and I guess my upper back is too wide. Sat in it for over an hour, and my lower ribs were killing me along with my shoulders. Dealer let me take it home for the night and so I sat it for another hour and a half.

UGH me and Ford seats have never gotten along. My old squad car disappointed me too. Finally got a new squad a 2000 Crown Vic and after a month my lower back was killing me. Long story short found out that Ford designed those seats for peeps under 6' so back to my old Caprice it was. At least the PD sent it out and had it full restored.

Just so disappointed tonight. At least now I can't get the Performance Blue like I wanted originally.

I'm still shocked by how much I love the fiST, such a fun car. My fianc? didn't understand why I wanted one besides the mpg, until I let her drive. Although it does looks tiny in the driveway parked next to my 87 K-5 Blazer that's lifted. Still think this the best sports car for the money since my 1994 Firebird Formula 350 LT1 w/ 6 SPD paid $24k for it new, back then.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If it's any consolation, the Recaro's do break in with some seat time. I just rolled 2500 miles and there is a night-and-day difference between my drivers seat and passengers seat. 6', 250 lbs Fwiw.

I'm a chunky 5'8 230 and I'm at 6500 miles and the seats fit me like a glove. You'd be surprised how much they break in. This car isn't the same without the Recaros.