Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats
fie14_models_detailflip_recaroseats.jpg

Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat
fie14_models_detailflip_clothsportst.jpg

The cloth seats. Recaro are too confining for a 250# 6'4" moose like me. Also the $2000 extra was just a little too much to swallow. I will miss the heated seats and mirrors which should be separate items like in my 2013 Focus SE.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
mmmm looks good in Blue and like those Euro rear seat headrests !!

In Francia, Orange seats is only availables with white, black or orange molten color. Red color have only the grey/black seat..

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
woot another Canadian in the house. like was posted up top comes standard in Canada

Grey Recaros...

Molten orange - but with grey (gray) Recaros. Also standard in UK.

Trying to forget about it since I have to wait till late October - earliest!

Well I did not spring the $2000 for the Recaro Package, but I see now why I probably should have. The ST has such cornering competence that I had all I could do to hang on to the wheel in hard corners. It is so progressive in cornering speed that you think you will never hit its limit. Maybe a 5 point harness is needed. Too bad I am too big to fit into the Recaros.

Wow! Just noticed 2 fairly important items I WISH we had here on our cars!

Of course the obvious - looks like they got the sorely missed auto dimming mirror.

But, even more missing - those Recaro seats have a NOB seat back adjuster! Not the crappy notch handle system we have. They get near infinite adjustments, like typical on VW's. The thing o hate about our notch (or ratchet) system, is that it is usually either to close or too far. Never just right. Grrrrr.

Just cannot ever understand how Ford, an AMERICAN car manufacturer, born and raised here originally, gives the rest of the world the better stuff, and offers leftovers to its own HOME market.

I do want those Euro rear headrest, the looks is way better than the ''fold down'' one we get here.

To answer the thread, Recaro's are the way to go

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
i agree with you froctor ..i think i will order a pair of these at the dealer, they just look better
Let me know when you get a part number and price all I have so far it about 250$ each USD

D2BZ54611A08DC HEAD REST ASY

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Well I did not spring the $2000 for the Recaro Package, but I see now why I probably should have. The ST has such cornering competence that I had all I could do to hang on to the wheel in hard corners. It is so progressive in cornering speed that you think you will never hit its limit. Maybe a 5 point harness is needed. Too bad I am too big to fit into the Recaros.
I'm with you man. I didn't opt for them because I initially thought they were too tight. But I'm sure they would have broken in.
If only it wasn't like $3,000 to get them as an after though

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I have no idea what you guys are on about. I got the Recaro package because a) recaros are badass b) heated seats feel nice on my back. i'm 5'11" 170lb, 32waist and feel slightly pinched in the seats but at around 3000 miles I feel like they have started to break in and don't squeeze my hips in bad places like they did when fresh.

they do break in. I don't see any difference between my headrests and the euro ones. as i understand it though the cloth seats folks got adjustable headrests whereas I'm told the recaros are fixed.

Mildly annoyed by the lack of a power option for the seats. More annoyed that the car wasn't available with goddamn projector headlamps

C. love

I am 6 2' 190ish and I fit as snug as a bug, love it. My concern with these is that over time wearing the side bolster out. I have gotten in the habit of putting my hand down so my butt scapes my hand instead of my seat. Maybe I am a bit too concerned. i may eventually try to make some covers or something

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I am 6 2' 190ish and I fit as snug as a bug, love it. My concern with these is that over time wearing the side bolster out. I have gotten in the habit of putting my hand down so my butt scapes my hand instead of my seat. Maybe I am a bit too concerned. i may eventually try to make some covers or something
I like that i will have to watch this more carefully and see if I need to adjust my entry and exit..

C. love

I have nightmares of this

I thought I was careful until i saw small scuffs in my bolster. Now its a temp hand cover method as skin grows back.