Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

Did you choose the Recaro Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats?

• RECARO Partial Leather-Trimmed Seats

Votes: 268 68.5%
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

Votes: 123 31.5%

• Total voters
Cloth in my '16. Had the dealer throw in heating on the deal. Done in a day and work great.

AzNightmare

RECARO all the way...

TBH, if it weren't even for the Recaro seats that I saw while I was stumbling through random car photos, I wouldn't have even known the existence of the FiST.
Being a JDM ignorant enthusiast for as long as I've been into cars, I saw photos of these seats. I liked them so much I dug deeper to see which car they belonged to. And BOOM, USDM. Hello ST.

Bought the FiST 3 weeks later (after intensive research on the FiST).

Yeah, I probably would have passed if this car didn't come with the bolstered seats, lol.

Mmmmm, that shift knob. I like my lighting red as well. [emoji6]
Love that shift knob...made by Ford actually, kind of had to buy it to match my C.F. emblems and seat belt pads! Love the red lighting too, just goes so good with the Recaros!! [like]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Of course I got recaros. Went with the black/grey as the orange was a tad to much for my taste

Black/grey recaros on my 16 kona blue. The seats for me just make the car look a little more serious and not so econobox. Seats have broken in great and are super comfortable. Wife isn't a fan getting in and out of the car though, but it's not her car so i really don't care. The leather on the passenger side seat squeaks against the armrest, kinda annoying but just put my sunscreen there to shut it up.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I genuinely can't see how people could NOT get the Recaros. Besides maybe being big of rib cage. Without the Recaros the interior gets plain pretty quickly. Plus, heated seats are always great.

I genuinely can't see how people could NOT get the Recaros. Besides maybe being big of rib cage. Without the Recaros the interior gets plain pretty quickly. Plus, heated seats are always great.
100% agree. If you're too big to fit in the Recaros, odds are you're also too large to comfortable fit in the car in general. It definitely gets rid of a lot of the economy-like character of the car too which I appreciate.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I liked the feel of the Recaros, but mine's just a DD, not a race car, so I didn't think they were worth it. I don't care for leather anything, and the people likely to ride with me definitely wouldn't like them. I can sit in the stock seat for hours, no problem.

100% agree. If you're too big to fit in the Recaros, odds are you're also too large to comfortable fit in the car in general. It definitely gets rid of a lot of the economy-like character of the car too which I appreciate.
And the comfort difference.... I can sit in these seats for hours without fatigue. In my gma's '11 CR-V (base) i would take her to Michigan once or twice a year and those seats will make my ass numb after only 1-1/2 to 2 hours.... its unbearable. When I bought the car in Oct. It was the only option I was insistent on and because of that it landed me free nav and sunroof. The unintended consequence of it too is you are religious about keeping them clean and conditioned because of how nice, expensive they are.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Having dealt with Recaro's aftermarket garbage (which they REFUSED to warranty/correct [mad]) in the recent past, I would rather take that $2K+ and buy my OWN aftermarket seats, yes, even if it means foregoing the exploding whoopee cushions. ;)

AzNightmare

Yeah. In fact, the seats were what sold me the car in the first place. I've always been a JDM fanboy so I never cared what Ford offered. I didn't even know a "ST" was. I was Googling some car seats and stumbled upon the Recaro seat with a "ST" on it, so I googled up what "ST" was. The seats looked amazing. I wanted those seats!!

I did a lot of researched and my eyes opened to a whole new world (USDM). The FiST was definitely affordable, journalists loved it, and oh my... these seats. Everyone that sits in my car compliments them cause these seats are probably better than what they have, even if they have a performance car. I had a guy with a STI sit in them, a S2000 sit in them, etc. Funny that the 2018 STI's use the same Recaro seats now (just different colour/pattern scheme).

I don't know what to say... It's unfortunate if they don't fit you or if you're too big for them. I drove on a 14 hr road trip (was in a rush and only stopped once for a break) with no problems. And was it fun whipping around the bends in the mountain passes with those seats hugging you in tight. That's what this car was made for. Car feels incomplete without the Recaros. It's like buying a performance car, but saying nah, I'll opt out for the performance bolster seats and go with the base econobox stuff. Actually, that literally is what it is... lol

I know some people wanted to save the $2k and see it as MSRP + $2k option. But IMO, I see it as the other way around. MSRP. (and you can can "nerf" your car to save $2k). Imagine if other performance cars had option to put in econobox bench seats instead with the option to save $2k. I guess a lot of people would do it, but I'll never. Gotta go with the whole package. You want performance, you get performance everywhere.

I might be wrong, but I think USA is the only place that offers Recaros as an option. I think other places in the world just include the Recaros, cause those seats just belong in a performance car...

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Having dealt with Recaro's aftermarket garbage (which they REFUSED to warranty/correct [mad]) in the recent past, I would rather take that $2K+ and buy my OWN aftermarket seats, yes, even if it means foregoing the exploding whoopee cushions. ;)
Well so far I haven't had any problems. I love them too much. I work for Ford so it makes it easier top get replacements if need be.

Yeah. In fact, the seats were what sold me the car in the first place. I've always been a JDM fanboy so I never cared what Ford offered. I didn't even know a "ST" was. I was Googling some car seats and stumbled upon the Recaro seat with a "ST" on it, so I googled up what "ST" was. The seats looked amazing. I wanted those seats!!

I did a lot of researched and my eyes opened to a whole new world (USDM). The FiST was definitely affordable, journalists loved it, and oh my... these seats. Everyone that sits in my car compliments them cause these seats are probably better than what they have, even if they have a performance car. I had a guy with a STI sit in them, a S2000 sit in them, etc. Funny that the 2018 STI's use the same Recaro seats now (just different colour/pattern scheme).

I don't know what to say... It's unfortunate if they don't fit you or if you're too big for them. I drove on a 14 hr road trip (was in a rush and only stopped once for a break) with no problems. And was it fun whipping around the bends in the mountain passes with those seats hugging you in tight. That's what this car was made for. Car feels incomplete without the Recaros. It's like buying a performance car, but saying nah, I'll opt out for the performance bolster seats and go with the base econobox stuff. Actually, that literally is what it is... lol

I know some people wanted to save the $2k and see it as MSRP + $2k option. But IMO, I see it as the other way around. MSRP. (and you can can "nerf" your car to save $2k). Imagine if other performance cars had option to put in econobox bench seats instead with the option to save $2k. I guess a lot of people would do it, but I'll never. Gotta go with the whole package. You want performance, you get performance everywhere.

I might be wrong, but I think USA is the only place that offers Recaros as an option. I think other places in the world just include the Recaros, cause those seats just belong in a performance car...
Exactly my thoughts. I think overseas gets Recaros too but they're full cloth and not partial leather. While full leather in the Focus' is nice I don't mind the partial leather variant.

I'll be testing my longtime comfort with these seats when I drive 18 hours to NY in April. But so far with the 3200 miles I've put on the car in a few months I love them.

They were horrendously uncomfortable for me (6'1" 220lbs, wide back). Also The dealership that had the Car with the Recaro's was completely unwilling to budge on price, whereas the dealership I ended up purchasing from had the same car sans Recaro's and they they knocked an additional 2k off the price of the car on top of it already being 2k less already than the Same car with Recaro's.

I figured if I really want them in a couple years I can find someone parting out an interior on ebay or CL, I also have a buddy who can source parts for me from a wrecking yard.

TDavis

1000 Post Club

They were horrendously uncomfortable for me (6'1" 220lbs, wide back). Also The dealership that had the Car with the Recaro's was completely unwilling to budge on price, whereas the dealership I ended up purchasing from had the same car sans Recaro's and they they knocked an additional 2k off the price of the car on top of it already being 2k less already than the Same car with Recaro's.

I figured if I really want them in a couple years I can find someone parting out an interior on ebay or CL, I also have a buddy who can source parts for me from a wrecking yard.
Yeah, thats what I'm saying, unless you're a "big" guy they're probably not the best seats for you. I'm 6'4 170lbs and fit perfectly.