Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Navigation Upgrade

Anyone order or is going to order the $150 Nav upgrade offered by Ford. This maybe their only upgrade before the switch to the new system. I have a '14, purchased in October of 2013.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Are you referring to the map updates?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is map update only.
It is NOT a system upgrade.
System updates are usually free and available at SyncMyRide.com

Dave

Anyone order or is going to order the $150 Nav upgrade offered by Ford. This maybe their only upgrade before the switch to the new system. I have a '14, purchased in October of 2013.
Hi rweidman,

We aren?t giving up on our current vehicles. Map updates will continue to be provided after SYNC 3 is released.

Where or how do you order this?
doubletap,

Map updates can be ordered through our navigation partner, HERE. Check out this link: http://ford.navigation.com/home/en_US/FordNA/USD Enter the make, model, and year of your vehicle to see if any updates are available.

Shaay

me32

1000 Post Club
Hi rweidman,

We aren?t giving up on our current vehicles. Map updates will continue to be provided after SYNC 3 is released.

doubletap,

Map updates can be ordered through our navigation partner, HERE. Check out this link: http://ford.navigation.com/home/en_US/FordNA/USD Enter the make, model, and year of your vehicle to see if any updates are available.

Shaay
will we still get system updates to the sync 2 cars?

Yup. I bought a Magellan with free lifetime map upgrades a few years ago. Only problem is there have been no updates! If I wanted u could pay for a current map... Bunch of crooks

will we still get system updates to the sync 2 cars?
Hi me32,

Updates will still be released for our present systems. You can check for updates here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html You must log into your Owner account. Select REGISTER to create one, if needed.

I find it complete bull shit that I have to pay 150 bucks every year to keep maps current on a 800 dollar navigation option.
kjohn09e,

Factory-installed navigation systems are more complex than handheld and smartphone updates. A lot of components are involved in the creation of map updates (speed limit information, street names, and addresses). Also, they often include software updates that improve the system.

Shaay

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Pretty common practice to charge for map updates by vehicle manfs, not saying I like it but it is what it is.

You can skip a year, or two and some go longer on updates, I do not think you have to keep buying them to get one later on but not a bad idea to look into it.

I bought a vehicle that was 4 years old and never updated, then I just used the Garmin with lifetime updates instead and there were updates available, I would use the factory system as a reference at times.

I would not of bought the factory Nav but it came in the exact car I wanted which had a sunroof needed to help keep the dogs cool.

Pretty common practice to charge for map updates by vehicle manfs, not saying I like it but it is what it is.

You can skip a year, or two and some go longer on updates, I do not think you have to keep buying them to get one later on but not a bad idea to look into it.

I bought a vehicle that was 4 years old and never updated, then I just used the Garmin with lifetime updates instead and there were updates available, I would use the factory system as a reference at times.

I would not of bought the factory Nav but it came in the exact car I wanted which had a sunroof needed to help keep the dogs cool.
Also my issue. I got what was on the lot. Would rather have had the sunroof over nav but my pups stay plenty cool lol.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very important to take care of those you love, for me I find I love doggies far more better than most humans I meet.

I am looking into some peal and stick flexible solar panels for our RV and started thinking about one on the roof of the FiST with two 12 volt fans to help keep them cool. I am also looking into video systems I can keep an eye on them with my cell phone.

On my last project car with a huge cloth sunroof I was looking at ideas for a crossbar in the middle to hold a well made big umbrella.

I am building a prop rod for the hatch so it will lock part way open, I have not done the design yet but it will be pretty easy to do.

I just got mine side window deflectors.... But my girls go where I go. I drop them off at the sitters on my way to work. Fenced in yard with other dogs so they aren't stuck in the house all day. Typically go to town after work but if it's hot out I'll drive them home first then double back. Essentially kids lol.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Kids, at least most of them, grow up and are less time consuming to take care of (loving them properly is the real issue)

Doggies only go so far in that direction, they stay far more innocent which is not a bad thing, far longer and generally until they are ready to leave us.

They grow up faster then stay more childlike.