Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeak coming off turbo?

FiST Bump

Perhaps an answere- Not to bring up an old post but I was having the same issue with mine. All I did was install a cai and stage 1 cobb ots tune. got the squeek crazy annoying!
week later I did all the stage 3 additions and included a turbo smart dual port BOV. The squeek does not exist anymore. My thoughts are get out of the stock DV as others have also suggested.

OP
C
Thread Starter #42
Perhaps an answere- Not to bring up an old post but I was having the same issue with mine. All I did was install a cai and stage 1 cobb ots tune. got the squeek crazy annoying!
week later I did all the stage 3 additions and included a turbo smart dual port BOV. The squeek does not exist anymore. My thoughts are get out of the stock DV as others have also suggested.
Thanks for this info... however, isn't this part literally a couple hundred $? And what function does it actually give you other than different sound?

MS67

Mine does it too, but only when I'm letting off the gas slowly. If I let off abruptly, it doesn't do it.

Ya mine does this as well I did not notice it with just Cobb Stage 1 but as soon as I put my MAP CAI on I noticed it. I find it really easy to avoid though through proper throttle control. I have the full MAP charge pip kit at home with the Turbo Smart BOV so I am guessing one I install this and cut out the factory DV this noise will be gone!

I started hearing all manner of new noises from my car, when I got the green drop in filter. I would chalk it up to that.

Thanks for this info... however, isn't this part literally a couple hundred $? And what function does it actually give you other than different sound?
Installed Turbosmart BOV and squeak is gone. You know what else is gone? Partial throttle surging. It's probably the best driver mod I installed. The sound is amazing as well...

Stock BPV Squeaks and the ecu controls boost release because it's electronic. The mechanical replacement is great. I'll never go back.

It's expensive but worth it.

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but does anyone know if this is detrimental to the vehicle?

Also, fixes and/or warranty experience with this issue would be handy.