Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
July 31 install

First thing was the [MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION] evap skid plate. Very easy and the holes are perfect for the install. One thing I want to add to the instructions WEAR EYE PROTECTION. Lots of dirt and dust to fall into your eye. AND yes the car has a thick tarlike undercoating. Also found out my torque wrench stopped working ARRRGGG!!!!. Warranty (i hope).

IMG-20150731-00223.jpg

As I plan YEARS of use through ALL SEASONS I added a few parts to protect the hinge and door strike. Well they protect the cloth from touching the load of grease I put on them. Also prefer the black look that the matte grey metal.
IMG-20150731-00224.jpg
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321628961045?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IMG-20150731-00225.jpg
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141536461996?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Damn Stubby antenna turning brown. Ah ebay. Time to find a rattle can of black enamel.

I felt your pain with the dirt and rustproofing ford uses gets everywhere. This car has to many nooks and cranies, that trap dirt, best recommended safety tool is safety glasses. What company is that intercooler?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
no just the direct fitment one in black.
Ah sweet will defiantly add it to my to order list, currently on the hunt for winter wheels and tires. What have you bought as winters? Debating on Hakkas, wrapped around whatever winter alloys I can find on kijiji.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Ah sweet will defiantly add it to my to order list, currently on the hunt for winter wheels and tires. What have you bought as winters? Debating on Hakkas, wrapped around whatever winter alloys I can find on kijiji.
first page
Snow tires Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 215/45R17 on the stock wheel after I get the stock wheel in black.

KKaWing

No. Previous have been Pirelli Winter Carvings. But these come highly recommended. Once I have them I will let everyone know.
Never liked Pirelli winter tires, seem to not grip very well. My favorite brand is Gislavid so far. Michelin are the weirdest though. The tires won't get you stuck... but I've driven from Blue Mountain back to Barrie in a snow storm with 2-3 ft. snow @ 40 KPH and wheels spinning all the way. Like it grips by having the tires spin... Got Hankooks for the FiST, wonder how it will handle my trips to Blue this year.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
Carfucius say "when win ebay bid for rear brake led bulb make sure its a pair" [:o] [bigcry] [duh]

Got my Cree red light bulb today. Correct no 's' at the end of light bulb... [facepalm] LOL

IMG-20150811-00236.jpg

Off to ebay for another...

How was the install on the skid plate? I recall the plates from Team O'Neil require welding, does this?

first page
Snow tires Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 215/45R17 on the stock wheel after I get the stock wheel in black.
Personally i have 195/50r16 toyo garrit kx, since ford paid for them they did not allowed 15" and studded.. because my choice would have been 15" 185/60r15 with nokian studed..

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
August 28th The intercooler

Finally got some time (while waiting for a coat of paint in the house to dry ) to install the Deadhook factory fitment intercooler in black. Over all it was easy after watching the cobb intercooler video and the quick video Russ did about the brackets. Took about 2 hours.[wrenchin]

Shot of the jackstand heads I made to cradle the pinch weld. The red on the top is the plasti dip doing its job to protect for metal to metal contact They work very well.
IMG-20150828-00259.jpg

Here she is in the buff missing a piece
IMG-20150828-00260.jpg

At this point I went and watched the deadhook video here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5248-Dead-Hook-Motorsports-Factory-Fitment-Intercooler!!!?p=99785&viewfull=1#post99785
IMG-20150828-00261.jpg

Instead of throwing out the plastic peices that are int eh way I decided to trim them to fit.
Before

IMG-20150828-00267.jpg

After
IMG-20150828-00268.jpg

Them installed
IMG-20150828-00271.jpg
IMG-20150828-00272.jpg

And the finished results. Will have better pictures once I clean her Sunday
IMG-20150828-00273.jpg

Went on a spirited drive and it was awesome(obviously placebo affect). I know it did not add much but the turbo was smooth no matter how long and hard I was on it. The factory would have heat soaked for sure.[woot]

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
September 22nd

Finally got the call that most of my after market items from Ford Racing (Mountune) came in. Woohoo
That is the Mountune RRM Mount, Mountune MP215, Mountune Catback, Illuminated door sill (fiesta logo), and by the dealership mistake a second set of Fiesta ST all weather floor mats.

Damn the list of to do just exploded. I got to install the auto dimming mirror I found from a Nissan Maxima wreck (works perfectly on the bench), hard wire the camera, install all the above. Still waiting on snow tires, TPMS and rims. The rims are the black ones found on the 2016 so obviously on back order which is fine as I was keeping them for summer only and using the grey 17" for winter. And yes I got all this through the dealership as I had 0% financing and once calculating ship, duties, exchange the cost is about the same through Ford dealer ordering through Ford Racing (which carry almost all Mountune parts).

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #79
Shoot list is longer than I though forget about a few items I had kicking around

Things to start in no specific order
  • Install Mishimoto OCC
  • Install Mountune Catback
  • Install Mountune MP215
  • Install Mountume RRM
  • Install Illuminated sill plate
  • Install Aftermarket Autodimming mirror (with homelink YAY!)
  • Install Ecobeast badge

I also think I want to get the weatherteck mats for the front driver winter.

KKaWing

Also check out the MaxSpyder mats from Costco... if they still have it. Never used them though just another option is all.