Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
They look nice. Didn't want anything lighter though?
Not worried about weight, stock rims are not that heavy, lighter than steelies. This is a daily grocery get that I enjoy throwing around. Had the rims and the snows included in the 0% financing along with most of the other parts, which limited what I could get. Really wanted the black rim and now I have them. I have to say those Sottozero have some aggressive threads, they will work nice in snow, slush, ice and water. Oh the fun to have on a frozen lake.... YAY!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Not worried about weight, stock rims are not that heavy, lighter than steelies. This is a daily grocery get that I enjoy throwing around. Had the rims and the snows included in the 0% financing along with most of the other parts, which limited what I could get. Really wanted the black rim and now I have them.
Sounds good. Just curious. They definitely look good, for sure.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
October 31st. A detail and some add-ons

Well last day of October. Next week will be a hot week so leaving the summers on one more week. Washed and detailed her fully. Added a confused Minion for those that get chopped and some bumper protection.

IMG-20151031-00366.jpg
IMG-20151031-00367.jpg
IMG-20151031-00368.jpg
IMG-20151031-00369.jpg
IMG-20151031-00370.jpg
IMG-20151031-00372.jpg
IMG-20151031-00375.jpg
IMG-20151031-00364.jpg

To be honest for $30 Canadian ($23usd) an EZ Lip is not bad at all. Not saying it is functional as a real spliter nor as cosmetically appealing but for what it is it is quite good. Adds the accent of black I wanted and not worried if it tears or breaks over the winter months. Very easy to install and form to the shape you want without cutting unless doing an extreme curve. Quick application of a trim black enhancer and looks like it is as it should be there. Took about 20 minutes to prep and follow the curves like I wanted with a heater in tow. My philosophy is I don't care what the modification is as long as it is safe and cleanly done. This definitely fits the bill. And super easy on the wallet. [like]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well last day of October. Next week will be a hot week so leaving the summers on one more week. Washed and detailed her fully. Added a confused Minion for those that get chopped and some bumper protection.

View attachment 7415
View attachment 7416
View attachment 7417
View attachment 7418
View attachment 7419
View attachment 7420
View attachment 7413
View attachment 7414

To be honest for $30 Canadian ($23usd) an EZ Lip is not bad at all. Not saying it is functional as a real spliter nor as cosmetically appealing but for what it is it is quite good. Adds the accent of black I wanted and not worried if it tears or breaks over the winter months. Very easy to install and form to the shape you want without cutting unless doing an extreme curve. Quick application of a trim black enhancer and looks like it is as it should be there. Took about 20 minutes to prep and follow the curves like I wanted with a heater in tow. My philosophy is I don't care what the modification is as long as it is safe and cleanly done. This definitely fits the bill. And super easy on the wallet. [like]
I think the lip looks great, and for only $30 bucks, can't beat that. If I didn't have an already black ST I'd go with that first, for sure.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #128
November 3rd

Parts for the OCC catch can finally arrived. <$10. Something to do this weekend.
IMG-20151103-00376.jpg

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #129
November 10th. New rims

Got the stock rubber switch to the summer rims and relegating the Rado grey to winter. Left the summers on the car for one more week to appreciate the new rim. I really like the look. And the Ford rims are so easy to clean. They have the TPMS sensors and the stock center ring for now. Ordered black ford center caps from Ebay. Kinda like the blue the blacks may end up on the winter set up.

RaptorRacing

Vendor
Wow...I didn't even realize that was an EZ-Lip till you said so. VERY well done, I personally LOVE it!!

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #133
November 15th

Earlier in the week I got the rubbers switched over to the Ford Black rim. I love them. The ease of cleaning of these rims plus the contrast to the paint is perfect. Picked up some black and a set of orange lug nuts for next summer not sure what to use yet.

Also received the Ford OEM shark fin antenna. Currently in the process of painting it to match the Mountune Winglets.
IMG-20151112-00398.jpg

Here are the new shoes for winter:
They are Pirelli Sorrozeto III 215/45R17. The clearance is no issues on the front including the extra 5/8" the Rally Armor flaps and nuts take. The rear has 3/4" between the tire and the liner. Really just one spot where there is a knee in the liner for a brace/mount of some sort. May gave some issues over big bumps but really no more so than a 205/40R17 on a lowered car. I will keep an eye on it and will think of a better fix next year as the liner moves quite a lot. I will say this, they throw way more gravel, even at low speed than the stockers. Ride is nice especially considering they are 94 load rating compared to 81. Can't wait for snow!! The white milk on the tire is me not waiting for the tire dress to dry before snapping some pictures.

IMG-20151115-00403.jpg
IMG-20151115-00404.jpg
IMG-20151115-00405.jpg

Just put on a short antenna myself and had the hard plastic spacer break. Replace with a 3/8M Beveled Washer "21/32" O.D. from "Danco." Sold at home Depot. It's made from a soft plastic and works better then you can imagine. The "11/16" O.D. may even fit better. Only $2 a pack. looks better then stock. Good luck!