Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

I just had Ford install my 215 kit and agree with your comments on your Oct 14 post. The Service Manager road tested it and just loved it. They had never installed the Fiesta kit before, but did a really nice job. When the warranty period is over I might do their 230 kit. Ford did the intercooler at the same time as the 215 kit. Anyway really nice build page and FiSt.

jayrod1980

CG, you are a man after my own heart. When I ordered my car I had already purchased Husky liners, Diode Dynamics fog lamps, pedal spacer, symposer delete, RokBlokz mud flaps, short shift plate, DHM IC w/ crash bar, AccessPort, Cobb RMM, MAP intake, MAP Catback and charge pipes, and had the car lined up for tint and protection film. I have a few questions:

How is the cut off on those Xenons? The fogs help me a lot at night but I haven't bought an HID kit because I've been told the Fiesta's housing throws out light through the sides etc. I did a 55W kit on my wife's Flex and they turned out great and have good cutoff. I have capped bulbs though so perhaps that helps. The Flex uses only one bulb for high and low beams.

Also were you the one that said to put Loctite on your rally armor screws? I hate the fit of the RokBlokz, they were a total waste of money. The rally armor ones look like they sit flush against the well unlike the others. How are they doing for you?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
CG, you are a man after my own heart. When I ordered my car I had already purchased Husky liners, Diode Dynamics fog lamps, pedal spacer, symposer delete, RokBlokz mud flaps, short shift plate, DHM IC w/ crash bar, AccessPort, Cobb RMM, MAP intake, MAP Catback and charge pipes, and had the car lined up for tint and protection film. I have a few questions:

How is the cut off on those Xenons? The fogs help me a lot at night but I haven't bought an HID kit because I've been told the Fiesta's housing throws out light through the sides etc. I did a 55W kit on my wife's Flex and they turned out great and have good cutoff. I have capped bulbs though so perhaps that helps. The Flex uses only one bulb for high and low beams.

Also were you the one that said to put Loctite on your rally armor screws? I hate the fit of the RokBlokz, they were a total waste of money. The rally armor ones look like they sit flush against the well unlike the others. How are they doing for you?
The xenon do have a bit of scatter around the edges. I also realigned them when i put the led in as they were aimed high. Once lowered i lifted the angle of the fogs to fill the gap an now there is a nice puddle of white light ahead of the car wit some good distance. Turning on the high beams i barely notice a difference.

Yes i state to put removable threadlock on the rally armor hardware. I know i waited a long time for ge rally armor and bought them as soon as they came out only to sell them to get the orange ones CJ Pony parts have. I love them. Just take your time to form and fit the brackets and you will be pleased. Take the tires off it helps.

jayrod1980

Thanks for the info. I would love to know more information or instructions on how to install that splitter. Also, with the LED headlamps, my other fear where I live, Las Vegas, is heat. Cars made for LED lights mount where the heat sink for the bulb can sit in the engine bay and not enclosed inside the housing. I would hate to spend the money and have them burn out in a couple months with the heat we have here. BTW, orange is my favorite color but I went with white because of the heat.

Can you elaborate on the bracket bending you allude to when installing your flaps?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #145
Not sure on the led heat issue but they have themesh heat sink that works well. As for the mudflap check out the cj pony part install video they explain everything well. But basically the parts are flat when you get them. They need some curves to match the wheel well.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146
Nov 22nd 2015

Did a few upgrades this weekend. Installed the Redline Goods shift boot and armrest(padded) cover.

Install install details here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7018-Redline-Goods-padded-armrest-cover-install
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7019-Redline-Goods-shift-boot

Also installed a CFM breather cap. Reason is that It is a small price protection in case the PCV system freezes and there is extra pressure in the crack case. I got it used and therefore will paint in next summer.
IMG-20151122-00467.jpg

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great thread, great car, thanks for providing such helpful info and pics. Happy to see that someone else has heard of the Fumoto valve - I've used them on three of my recent cars and love it. Also I like the EZ lip, I've used that on a few cars as well, for the money you can't beat it. Sure it's foam but it's a great budget mod. Not that you seem to be on a budget here though.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #148
November 26th 2015

Ordered a while back a key cover. Its an Orange Silicon Mykey (coughcondomcough) cover. For $4usd free shipping. I like it. They offer blue, light blue, red, black orange. Now the key won't skid across the floor when dropped. now if I can find the ebrake chrome emblem...

jayrod1980

Where did you get that that key fob cover? I love orange... and I really don't like getting my key fob all scratched up. I'd like to get a blue one for my wife's key.

jayrod1980

CG, could you tell me how you installed your H11 kit? The ones I looked up from Xenon Depot have a copper cloth ribbon type thing for a heatsink. How do these connect in the stock housing? Does the ribbon stick out into the engine bay or does it stuff inside the headlight?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151
Where did you get that that key fob cover? I love orange... and I really don't like getting my key fob all scratched up. I'd like to get a blue one for my wife's key.
Ebay. Here is the link from my purchase history so I can say it is a perfect fit but was a little tight to put on due to shape at the bottom of the key. slowly pull with a little soapy water.

Canadian
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251525371147?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

US ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251525371147?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Blue and light blue (us ebay)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Silico...25371147&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Li...25366034&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined

jayrod1980

Not sure on the led heat issue but they have themesh heat sink that works well. As for the mudflap check out the cj pony part install video they explain everything well. But basically the parts are flat when you get them. They need some curves to match the wheel well.
Did you take a heat gun to the flaps then to bend them into shape prior to install? Also, did you put Loctite on ALL of the bolts?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #154
Did you take a heat gun to the flaps then to bend them into shape prior to install?
No its a soft mesh you can move around easily to fit how you required. I just mounted the bulb and then moved the heatsink around.

prior to install? Also, did you put Loctite on ALL of the bolts?
All bolts all screws. No sense in doing a 1/2 job.

jayrod1980

CG, I wasn't talking about heating up the heatsink mesh. When you were writing about the Rally Armor flaps, you said you had to do some bending or molding. What I'm concerned about is the fit of the flaps. The RokBlokz were a wasted purchase because I could not get flaps to sit flush with the hardware provided. Perhaps I should have heated them up before fitting them and they would have worked. Heating up those flaps would have been a real challenge because of their thickness. The Urethane Rally Armors seems to be thinner. Do I need to heat them up prior to installation?

Plus the other added benefit, they won't show as much the brake dust. Just turn from glossy to matte. [twothumb]
Oh, if only... I have to do a thorough weekly clean of my gloss black Motegi MR116's. If I'm honest could do with twice weekly. Damn brake dust. The good thing with the thinner spokes on the Motegis is the I can get my hand through to clean the whole wheel

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #160
December 5th 2015

I installed the Ford OEM shark fin antenna FT4Z-18936-ADPTM. Works very (AM/FM/XM) well and looks much better than the OEM Fiesta antenna and better than knock off antenna. Took about an hour to install. Highly recommend

I also changed all the turn signal lights and brake light with Putco mini halogens. Picked them up on sale during black Friday full set was $50. Went this route instead of LED for cost, no resistor and was not finding bright enough LED (tried a few in the brake lights). For the side mirrors there is a clip that is required to be removed from the mirror side, real pain of a design, but got it done. Will take pictures tonight of the lights. During the day they were a little brighter but the colour was way more vibrant. Red was red and orange we orange not tangerine.

IMG-20151205-00501.jpg