Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

XuperXero

For those that don't like the holes when using a wing riser kit a 2 1/4 npt plug is just about the right size. Soft enough to easily cut and drill a hole to pass the wire. Now if you have not cut your wire to install a 3rd light flasher you will need a bigger hole or cut a slot to push the wire in. Also put the hole to one side as the tube and wires are not dead center. To be honest this is not required as the holes are there before the riser anyway. If you do this make sure to have long needle nose to drag (carefully) the wire and hose while you push.

View attachment 14317
View attachment 14315
View attachment 14319
View attachment 14316
View attachment 14318
View attachment 14314

I found this useful, but there's a discrepancy. 2 1/4 converts to 57.1mm. I measured it at 50mm on the dot. So I bought some 51.3mm and it's a super tight fit. Not sure if it's an EU vs US difference or just different manufacturer for the wing.

I also took apart the connector for the brake light so I don't have to poke an oversized hole for better and snug fit to ensure nothing gets in.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #323
I found this useful, but there's a discrepancy. 2 1/4 converts to 57.1mm. I measured it at 50mm on the dot. So I bought some 51.3mm and it's a super tight fit. Not sure if it's an EU vs US difference or just different manufacturer for the wing.

I also took apart the connector for the brake light so I don't have to poke an oversized hole for better and snug fit to ensure nothing gets in.

Nice work. The 2 1/4 was indeed a little tight.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #324
August 8th, Minor Cosmetic and functional mod

Got some seat belt pads from eBay. Did not think I would like them that much to use, but wanted to protect the rear seats. After driving for over 2 hours with it I really like how it pads the seat-belt across the chest.

20664452_1278522978940973_2849501287672272559_n.jpg
20637932_1278522982274306_6250665303595863935_n.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I was going to get those as well, but I went with the Sparco Alcantara pads instead.

Is that material 'scratchy' at all, or is it smooth if/when it contacts your neck/collarbone?

Using the Forscan software I was able to activate the reverse camera feature of the Sync unit. Connected an eBay $30 licence camera camera and could not be happier. It took about 4 hours. but that was due to me re-verifying the cabling/connection at every stage and taking my time. Taking the trim from the interior and exterior of the hatch was actually very easy. to make your life easier find a stiff 1/4" tube about 2 feet. Helps guide wire without scratching. I wired the camera power to the reverse light (easy to pick up the power is the hatch) and since the camera has a built in light for the licence plate I destroyed a LED light and used it to wedge the wires in. Using a liberal amount of silicon grease to keep moisture away. To pass the cables into the hatch I cut a slit in the plug removed some material and greased it up to prevent moisture to get in. To be honest there are tons of other holes so water does get in. I used the driver side rubber channel that I have used before for getting the wires into the main body (that channel is now full). Used the same trick of large blunt screw driver and lots of plastic safe grease. Fed the wires in the dash (again with the tube) and closed everything up. When using the forscan software before the camera is connected it does take almost a minute to detect it is not working so be patient.

View attachment 14307
View attachment 14296
View attachment 14305
View attachment 14303
View attachment 14302
View attachment 14300
View attachment 14301
View attachment 14299
View attachment 14298
View attachment 14297
View attachment 14304
View attachment 14306
I would like to do the camera mod. Would you mind sharing the links to buy the camera (or newer model) plus the OBD (or newer model)?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #328
OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #329
Been awhile since I posted. Life seems to have gotten in the way and been busy. Still have the FiST and still doing things. I have added a Raptor Racing Downpipe, Mountune MR230, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SpecD tailights, Mountune Radiator hoses, custom gauge for oil temp and pressure, hood struts. No major repairs other than the blend door actuator.

IMG_4779.JPG

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great to see you back my friend.

Been awhile since I posted. Life seems to have gotten in the way and been busy. Still have the FiST and still doing things. I have added a Raptor Racing Downpipe, Mountune MR230, Bilstein B14 coilovers, SpecD tailights, Mountune Radiator hoses, custom gauge for oil temp and pressure, hood struts. No major repairs other than the blend door actuator.

View attachment 20358

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #335
few more mods. Well the blend door actuator is not a mod. Actually not too bad to replace going in from the steering column.

IMG_4668.JPG

brbauer2

I use those same lights you have under the hood in the hatch. Careful with leaving them on too long. The attached wires are undersized for the current they draw and will easily overheat if left on for 10+ minutes and will start melting.

Don't ask how I know...

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
I use those same lights you have under the hood in the hatch. Careful with leaving them on too long. The attached wires are undersized for the current they draw and will easily overheat if left on for 10+ minutes and will start melting.

Don't ask how I know...

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

I checked the current and the ones I have seem to have the correct gauge (18).