Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountunes New High Performance Brake Pads

I tried to buy them and they were sold out everywhere I tried. I gave up and ended up with Hawks. With the rate these things go through pads, I'm sure I'll get another opportunity to try them shortly

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I just spoke with Randy at Montune about this.
I was told that unfortunately they had to do some retooling and it looks like it will be about 25 days before they have the product out.
Randy apologizes to everyone but there is nothing they can do to speed things up.

Dave

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I just spoke with Randy at Montune about this.
I was told that unfortunately they had to do some retooling and it looks like it will be about 25 days before they have the product out.
Randy apologizes to everyone but there is nothing they can do to speed things up.

Dave
Thanks for reaching out and getting the entire community an answer. [twothumb]

I was going to call tomorrow since it's been a while since I ordered mine. Gona need pads sooooon.

Anyone know if they will fit the euro spec?.. Just ordered new oem pads and rotors but I'm keen on some track suitable pads too.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Anyone know if they will fit the euro spec?.. Just ordered new oem pads and rotors but I'm keen on some track suitable pads too.
Did you try contacting Montune UK?

Dave

Nah... From previous experience it's often quicker just to ask on the forum.. Mountune aren't the quickest to reply. [emoji53]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Nah... From previous experience it's often quicker just to ask on the forum.. Mountune aren't the quickest to reply. [emoji53]
That may be true.
However you are asking about UK fitment.

Randy asked me to post about the retooling, because he didn't have the time.
Also Randy is with Mountune USA and is rarely on this forum.

Mountune UK is never on this forum as they have their own forum listed on their site.
So, in this case, I still suggest you contact Mountune UK directly.

Dave

Cheers Dave yep I understand. Often though someone has already asked the question and may have an answer they may share. Can save some time and can provide an answer for others who come across the thread... That's the beauty of forums.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Cheers Dave yep I understand. Often though someone has already asked the question and may have an answer they may share. Can save some time and can provide an answer for others who come across the thread... That's the beauty of forums.
With that I defiantly would agree.
It is just that we don't have as many wrong side drivers here. LOL
Although we would love to have more.
Since this is a newer product, I just thought it might be quicker for you the other way.

BTW, if you choose, the guy to contact at Mountune UK is David Moore.
He is quick to respond.
If you get in touch with him, you then could be the info link for others like you are looking for. :)

Dave

Haha yeah looks like I'm 'that guy' today. My short cut has lead me back to the long route... Fingers crossed I can get some answers and thanks for the Mountune contact tip.

Pete

I ordered a set of their track pads for the rears. Although I have yet to test them until my track day in November. Didn't get the fronts because I have a Wilwood BBK and order BP-40 for the front.

I did a track event in May, 55F temps, low-traffic, 5 x 30-minute sessions with the OEM pads. MP215 and OEM tires. I was fairly impressed with how they did. There was some fade after about 20 minutes in each session, but they made it through the day.

This week I did a track event with the Mountune RS-R pads, 90F temp, low-traffic, 5 x 20 minute sessions. MP215 and OEM tires. The ambient temp was higher, but it was a different track that is less demanding on the brakes than the event I did in May. My overall impression of the RS-R is that they are not a significant upgrade over the stock pads as far as fade resistance. There was plenty of pad left at the end of the day.

There is still plenty to like about the RS-R. No noise or squealing, OEM fit, and the price is good. They do not have the high initial bite of the OEM pads, which I like, because I found it difficult to brake smoothly at the limit and heel-toe with the OEM pads. The RS-R dust also seems to be less sticky, or lighter colored...my front wheels are not as black. I don't care about brake dust, but I know some folks do.

I'll be trying the RS-T or something from Carbotech for my next track day.

JasonHaven

Anyone have experience with the RS-R pads? Looking at getting new pads pretty soon, wouldn't mind getting something with relatively close in stopping power as the stocks, but with less dust.

Anyone have experience with the RS-R pads? Looking at getting new pads pretty soon, wouldn't mind getting something with relatively close in stopping power as the stocks, but with less dust.
If you're looking for these qualities, this pad is probably what you're after:
http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/hps-50

the mountune pads are made by hawk and have really good qualities to them, but you're probably after the 5.0's vs either the RS-R or RS-T mountune setups.

Zormecteon

I'm running the RS-R pads now. The stopping feel is the same .. at least to me. I don't notice that I have to use any more pressure or allow any greater distance. The dust level is down 90% from stock. I used to notice the dust after a day or two of driving. Now after a week I hardly notice it. Highly recommended.

My 2¢