Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountunes New High Performance Brake Pads

Just installed these pads last weekend with new oem rotors front and rear, so far they're perfect for the street. Slightly less initial bite but still plenty of grab, very firm pedal and a lot less dust and no noise. [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

dridge11

So I had this RS-R kit installed on my Fiesta, brake feel aside, there is WAY more brake dust. I hear a slight rubbing sound when I'm just rolling down the road from the Front passenger side.

They were installed by my friend that's a mechanic, in his shop. Today I took the car to the dealership to see if they could find something wrong, they just said they are more aggressive aftermarket pads and there is nothing unusual. Called Mountune, they said it sounds normal. I cleaned the wheel/caliper when we inspected it again, drove it about 6 miles today and both are already dirty.

The pads don't look like they are wearing evenly and seem to be grooving the rotors after just a week, but nobody can seem to find an issue. Any suggestions?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
So I had this RS-R kit installed on my Fiesta, brake feel aside, there is WAY more brake dust. I hear a slight rubbing sound when I'm just rolling down the road from the Front passenger side.

They were installed by my friend that's a mechanic, in his shop. Today I took the car to the dealership to see if they could find something wrong, they just said they are more aggressive aftermarket pads and there is nothing unusual. Called Mountune, they said it sounds normal. I cleaned the wheel/caliper when we inspected it again, drove it about 6 miles today and both are already dirty.

The pads don't look like they are wearing evenly and seem to be grooving the rotors after just a week, but nobody can seem to find an issue. Any suggestions?
Make sure the caliper isn't dragging.

DEO3

The exact same thing is happening with my setup. I bought these pads because I thought they'd reduce the crazy amount of brake dust the oem pads exhibit, but instead they've been way worse. I've reinstalled them a couple of times now (cleaning everything and making sure everything is properly greased), but they still seem to be grooving my new rotors at an accelerated rate and producing far more dust than the oem pads.

The exact same thing is happening with my setup. I bought these pads because I thought they'd reduce the crazy amount of brake dust the oem pads exhibit, but instead they've been way worse. I've reinstalled them a couple of times now (cleaning everything and making sure everything is properly greased), but they still seem to be grooving my new rotors at an accelerated rate and producing far more dust than the oem pads.
Pull the from pads off and check to see if you have the outer and inner pads on correctly. The only way to tell us there's 2 small bumps on the bottom for the outer pads when looking at them side by side. I did this and had terrible pedal feel along woth major brake dust and noise from them. After I fixed the pads correctly, all those symptoms went away. I've driven for 2 weeks now and usually my rado grey would be black, but theres hardly any dust compared to oem.

I also find it a little annoying that right after I get the RS-R pads, they release a new street pad. I don't track my car and would have much rather bought them than these. They are good pads but are more suited for racing. They're shitty in cold weather till they warm up a little which i do not like 1 bit now that winter is here coming...

dridge11

Contact them and let them know asap. They received my pads back a week ago and are looking into the issue. Could have been a bad batch.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also find it a little annoying that right after I get the RS-R pads, they release a new street pad. I don't track my car and would have much rather bought them than these. They are good pads but are more suited for racing. They're shitty in cold weather till they warm up a little which i do not like 1 bit now that winter is here coming...
How much 'winter', or winter temps, do you get in CC? [dunno]

How much 'winter', or winter temps, do you get in CC? [dunno]
We just started getting front in and the the current temp is around 50Ā°F. The first couple times I brake when it's cold, the pads don't bite like normal until they warm up a little. It's only for a minute, but still annoying.

DEO3

Pull the from pads off and check to see if you have the outer and inner pads on correctly. The only way to tell us there's 2 small bumps on the bottom for the outer pads when looking at them side by side. I did this and had terrible pedal feel along woth major brake dust and noise from them. After I fixed the pads correctly, all those symptoms went away. I've driven for 2 weeks now and usually my rado grey would be black, but theres hardly any dust compared to oem.
Thanks for this. I checked and found that both inside pads on one wheel and both outside pads on the other. This seems to have fixed the brake dust issue, but now I have an issue where it only appears half the front pads are making contact with the rotors. It's easy to tell because when they get wet, they rust, and inner half of the rotor remains rusty after going for a drive.

Thanks for this. I checked and found that both inside pads on one wheel and both outside pads on the other. This seems to have fixed the brake dust issue, but now I have an issue where it only appears half the front pads are making contact with the rotors. It's easy to tell because when they get wet, they rust, and inner half of the rotor remains rusty after going for a drive.
No problem, i think they should have specified the inner and outer pads better. Try another bedding process,. I did after the swap and noticed the braking got much better, leaving me to believe that there was some uneven pad wear from bedding them with the pads on wrong the first time. [like]

Mountune USA seems to have phased out the supplier from Hawk to Winmax along with nomenclature (RS-R is now A1, and RS-T is now A2). Anybody have any experience with Winmax? Mountune UK appears to still list their Hawk RS-R, RS-T pads for the time being.

Mountune A1 Compound
Compound : Organic
Friction : 0.38-0.42
Temp Range : 0-450 deg C

This pad is perfect for :
Everyday use
Spirited driving- Canyon runs
Mountune A2 Compound
Compound : Organic
Friction : 0.46-.48
Temp Range : 0-600 deg C

This pad is perfect for :
Track Day
High Performance Driving
www.mountuneusa.com

KKaWing

Look on the ft86club forums for reviews. The CSG guys and many people rave about them.