Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for Rally inspired wheels

On our Fists we have standerd 17-7 wheels. I'm alittle worried that because its low profile that it could give me issues in the future. I plan on doing autocross and taking the vehicle to the track alot.

My head is telling me to go 16-7 with higher profile tires.

Does this make sense? Or am I flat out wrong and underestimating my cars abilities.

These are the rims I'm interested in

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Terra&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted

As long as the tires are properly sized, you shouldn't have any issues with low profile tires. In fact, the increased sidewall stiffness can increase response and tire performance. The only real issues that can come about is that on the street the wheels are more susceptible to damage from pot holes or road debris. That being said, I hit a huge chunk of concrete dropped by a truck with stock size tires on my ford racing wheels/EAPs and they're just fine.

For the rally inspired wheels, I've been debating ordering a set of sparco terras myself. But not many pictures of them are out there, so I'm not sold on the idea yet. OZ also makes the Leggenda but in 17" only. Team Dynamics makes the Pro Rally in 15s. Also, Braid and Compomotive make rally wheels as well in custom sizes.

I plan to use the spare steelies for a while and then pick up some Team Dynamics 15". I like having more rubber then rim while off-roading.

If you plan on doing more asphalt then dirt, a 16" rim will do you just fine.

Most asphalt rally cars use a 16-17" rim and tire, then when they start an off-road stage, they switch to a 15-16" rim and tire setup.

So, its up to you on how much you plan on driving on Dirt or Road.

I bought a set of terras a few months back because tirerack had them on closeout. I have yet to install them because I'm waiting until I need to buy new tires but I'm getting close to the wear bands now so I'll be buying tires in the next few weeks I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I have them on the car.

Just to confirm, Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheels do indeed fit on the FiST. They are another option for those looking at "rally" wheels. I will be using my set as winter wheels.

I picked these up from Perfect Circle Autosport [MENTION=129]PCA-1[/MENTION]

They're the Team Dynamics pro rally wheels in anthracite and after Thanksgiving or once the snow falls I'll take some pics of them on the car!

I picked these up from Perfect Circle Autosport [MENTION=129]PCA-1[/MENTION]

They're the Team Dynamics pro rally wheels in anthracite and after Thanksgiving or once the snow falls I'll take some pics of them on the car!

Nice choice! Getting mine redone in bronze for next year.

[MENTION=3456]ridinVINTAGE[/MENTION] did you use TPMS sensors in your pro rally's? If so did you have any problems fitting them? I am wondering whether I could or should have TPMS installed in my wheels...

What size are all of your Team Dynamics and what did they run you? I like them and may consider them over the comparable OZ Rally Leggendas.

meFiSTo

[MENTION=3456]ridinVINTAGE[/MENTION] did you use TPMS sensors in your pro rally's? If so did you have any problems fitting them? I am wondering whether I could or should have TPMS installed in my wheels...
Chalon (of TD-dealer PCA) told me that the pro-rally wheels are not designed to accommodate TPMS hardware. I might have picked up a set for winter driving except for that fact.

PCA-1

Chalon (of TD-dealer PCA) told me that the pro-rally wheels are not designed to accommodate TPMS hardware. I might have picked up a set for winter driving except for that fact.
The factory did say they would not work. Believe me, I have no reason not to sell wheels.

What size are all of your Team Dynamics and what did they run you? I like them and may consider them over the comparable OZ Rally Leggendas.
15x6/4x108/45mm offset w/63.4 hub bore. The tires I bought were 195/60HR15 Michelin X-ICE XI3s.

I got the wheels for $185 each.

PCA-1

Have a set of matte black and a set of white in 15x6/4x108/45mm offset w/63.4 hub bore in stock! PM to get your set. $740 + shipping. These won't last!!!