Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune's Lower Front Splitter for 5dr FiST - Released

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #21
This looks way to similar to my triple R Splittler. I'm just not interested.

I'll keep my triple r splitter.
Mountunes front splitter does look very similar doesn't it!

My guess is that its probably because its been outsourced to Triple-R for manufacture with some slight changes made to the center mount....

I like the center support as the triple r doesnt have it and it makes it look more integrated plus adds stability. My money would be to mountune is it were available in ABS. The roads here in Cincinnati are insanely bad especially in town and FG would get absolutely trashed here. We would be eternally grateful, Randy!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It really all depends on if the leading edge of the splitter has a lip that hangs down or not.
If it has no lip like a knife edge, it less likely to be damaged.

As for the center support, I found a way around that and mine is very stable.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #27
I like the center support as the triple r doesnt have it and it makes it look more integrated plus adds stability. My money would be to mountune is it were available in ABS. The roads here in Cincinnati are insanely bad especially in town and FG would get absolutely trashed here. We would be eternally grateful, Randy!
The only problem (for the vendor) with offering an ABS version I see would be the initial cost to create a mold which can be quite expensive....Which appears to be the reason why most of these guys don't go the ABS route...FG is much cheaper to produce...

HaveBlue83

center support has my vote since its an oem produced mfg. they did it for high speed stability. i like the way they attatched it

Where are you guys getting shipping quotes of $100 to California? Where are the splitters shipping from?

I prefer the lower cost of fiberglass versus carbon because I think the finish will be easy to maintain with some satin black 'Trim Black' paint. Urethane would be nice as well but FG is easier for me to repair.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
It really all depends on if the leading edge of the splitter has a lip that hangs down or not.
If it has no lip like a knife edge, it less likely to be damaged.

As for the center support, I found a way around that and mine is very stable.

Dave
I can back up the knife edge statement, D1JL has seen my triple r splitter that I knife edged the leading edge on, I have bottomed the car out, hit the splitter on parking stops and been through flood water with no visual damage, issues or cracking.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #32
I can back up the knife edge statement, D1JL has seen my triple r splitter that I knife edged the leading edge on, I have bottomed the car out, hit the splitter on parking stops and been through flood water with no visual damage, issues or cracking.
So just to clarify what your saying, you modified the Triple-r splitter and created a "knife edge" which now prevents this damage (below) from occurring??? The Triple splitter looks to already have a knife edge per pics below ..no?

no offense, but even when hitting concrete parking stops you still have no signs of damage? I would think creating a sharp knife edge would make it even vunerable to splits and edge cracks???

Fiberglass splitter fractures and cracks.jpg

Fiberglass splitter fractures and cracks 2.jpg

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
so you modified the Triple-r splitter and created a "knife edge" which prevents this (below) from occurring??? The Triple splitter looks to already have a knife edge per pics below ..no?

no offense, but even when hitting concrete parking stops you still have no signs of damage?

View attachment 5457

View attachment 5458
I just made it a compete knife edge when I reglassed mine, (I got it used) I have hit parking curbs gently and the splitter seems to go over the bump rather then into it. Just my personal experience D1JL can back me up he's seen my splitter lol

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #34
I just made it a cop let knife edge when I reglassed mine, (I got it used) I have hit parking curbs gently and the splitter seems to go over the bump rather then into it. Just my personal experience D1JL can back me up he's seen my splitter lol
that's good to know! thx!

I might consider going with Mountune's splitter if that's the case...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #36
thanks for posting...edge does look like you thinned it further...

[HR][/HR]
On a side note: It appears Mountunes splitter extends a bit further compared to Triple-R's?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
thanks for posting...edge does look like you thinned it further...

[HR][/HR]
On a side note: It appears Mountunes splitter extends a bit further compared to Triple-R's?

It does seem to stick out a bit more. This seems to be a modified triple r for mountunes rebranding

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #38
It does seem to stick out a bit more. This seems to be a modified triple r for mountunes rebranding
Yeah..I figure as much as well...

Appears Mountune had Triple-R make some modifications to their design by adding a center brace to improve rigidity and also chose to extend the splitter out further...