Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune's Lower Front Splitter for 5dr FiST - Released

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #41
And I think Mountunes Splitter looks better than Triple-R's ;)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #42
Mountune's Lower Front Splitter (New Pics Released)

Mountune Splitter.jpg

2364-FS-AA-6T.jpg

Our splitters are made in California. And not by Triple R. We're expanding our USA production and this really helps since the USA/Canada Fiesta ST is not the same as the rest of the world's version. We didn't like how the non USA version fit so we made our own version with some improvements.

Our splitters are made in California. And not by Triple R. We're expanding our USA production and this really helps since the USA/Canada Fiesta ST is not the same as the rest of the world's version. We didn't like how the non USA version fit so we made our own version with some improvements.
Randy,
How much does your splitter weigh?
and Have you guys done any comparisons to the others?
Thanks!!!

I'll have to weigh one next week.
Ok, Thanks! I have the 3R version (not installed yet) and it looks to require some additional support in the center section. You guys did a great version with the included center support, so it's looking like I'll order your version. I'm also on a list for a carbon fiber version, but it will likely never materialize for us.

Anyway, many thanks in advance for weighing your version. I'll weigh the 3R and post a comparison for those interested.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
thumbs up on the Mountune splitter! I think both the Mountune and Triple-R are good looking products, but the Mountune one looks just a bit better. It looks like it sits more parallel to the ground than the Triple-R, which is vital to making a splitter work. It sucks for ground clearance, but that is what you need to make it function. I don't think Mountune copied Triple-R since there are only so many ways to make a splitter. It is either flat or raised in the center. That is about it for options.

As for Fiberglass, my dad has had a Fiberglass front air dam and skirts on his Saleen since 1985 and only a few minor cracks around sharper corners. Not bad for a 30 year old car. The key is to avoid parking curbs, steep driveways, jumping your car, or hitting it. I would probably add a strip of polycarbonate on the bottom surface and extend it out a 1/4" or so. That would help protect the FG. Concerning CF vs FG, both crack and can be damaged by impact. The best solution is not to hit anything. If you are prone to hitting things, look at a skid plate instead.