Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front Lower Splitter Options Available

To all front splitter owners: It would be great to hear opinions on these two splitters: Mountune or Graham Goode.

I don't plan on going lower than stock, although it could happen one day.

The Graham Goode looks like it would be almost impossible to scrape on driveways or parking blocks, the Mountune definitely seems possible or pretty likely to scrape.

For those who own the Mountune but are at stock height, do you find you scrape the splitter often or hit parking elements easily?

Thanks!

To all front splitter owners: It would be great to hear opinions on these two splitters: Mountune or Graham Goode.

I don't plan on going lower than stock, although it could happen one day.

The Graham Goode looks like it would be almost impossible to scrape on driveways or parking blocks, the Mountune definitely seems possible or pretty likely to scrape.

For those who own the Mountune but are at stock height, do you find you scrape the splitter often or hit parking elements easily?

Thanks!
Also curious about this. I'm going to go with the mountune splitter, and will eventually subtly lower the vehicle.

I have the bojix CF splitter.
Customer service wasn't the greatest but I do like the product. I've had it over a year and it has taken a beating, still in once piece and no cracks, just some scratches on the bottom.

srREXed

Has anyone installed the fifteen52 front cup spoilers with a lower splitter as well? Is there interference with using the cup spoilers and any bottom line or lip? Has anyone tried or am I just ridiculous for the idea.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

green_henry

1000 Post Club
My first car was a Datsun 260Z and when I installed a Kamei air dam, the down-force was very noticeable at high speed. (Yes, Kamei is long gone, so I'm old...haha)

So, are the splitter options for the FiST purely/mostly cosmetic? Any noticeable down-force?

codestp202

My first car was a Datsun 260Z and when I installed a Kamei air dam, the down-force was very noticeable at high speed. (Yes, Kamei is long gone, so I'm old...haha)

So, are the splitter options for the FiST purely/mostly cosmetic? Any noticeable down-force?
It seems like 90% of the body kit options for our car are purely cosmetic. It's really frustrating as I refuse to put anything on my car that isn't functional. Want a functional splitter? Make one yourself out of alumilite. I have also only seen one wing that would be functional and that is the one off the race cars / rally cars.

felopr

It seems like 90% of the body kit options for our car are purely cosmetic. It's really frustrating as I refuse to put anything on my car that isn't functional. Want a functional splitter? Make one yourself out of alumilite. I have also only seen one wing that would be functional and that is the one off the race cars / rally cars.
I guess you would gain more with a front undertray to seal the engine off then add a flat splitter but our cars just sit too high to gain any advantage

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I am probably older, as I also had a Kamei air dam on my '76 Capri II S 'Black Cat'. ;)

There IS a company in the back of Grassroots Motorsports magazine which will make up STRONG (Tegris material, or other 'bombproof' composites) functional aero stuff for you, I believe on a one off basis, but then you will also pay one off price$. [:(]
www.powerstreamindustries.com

I contacted them about making mass produced parts for our rides, but even then the prices were STILL WAY OVER what most on here would be willing to spend for non carbon fiber aero parts, and MUCH MUCH higher co$t than what they are used to spending on the cosmetic stuff on the market currently.

I'm new to the splitters but I'm very curious on which ones utilize the same mounting as the front bumper (ie: no modifications needed to the front bumper like drilling and so forth) and won't require me to alter my bumper. With all my mods, if needed, I want to have the choice to go back to stock.

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know about alumuilite before. You opened up a whole new world for me. Thanks!

I'm new to the splitters but I'm very curious on which ones utilize the same mounting as the front bumper (ie: no modifications needed to the front bumper like drilling and so forth) and won't require me to alter my bumper. With all my mods, if needed, I want to have the choice to go back to stock.
I am pretty sure all splitters will require some drilling in order to properly support the splitter. It's rather minimal and is all on the underside of the bumper where you won't see it if you ever decide to reverse your decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk