Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those that bought the nav....

would you purchase navigation second time around.

• Total voters
hi I'm considering purchasing The $800 navigation upgrade on my new 2015 fist.the dealer has four cars in route for me to choose from.i was wondering from those who have made the purchase are you satisfied with the upgrade and would you buy it over a second time ? Thx...

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I didn't want it but it was installed on the car and I didn't want to special order. I haven't had problems with it, I just don't need it in a city car. If I needed/wanted it I would definitely buy it again.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I had it ordered with it. I use it quite often and it works well. Expensive compared to a cell phone but I prefer things that are integrated. Also the voice commands to set a destination work well for me.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Love the navigation in mine. Would recommend this to anyone on the fence.

I bought mine CPO and it was included so I didn't really have a choice but I will say I'm not disappointed with it. I've only used it a few times but it has worked well. The only feature I like about Google Maps more is that it estimates what time it will be when I arrive, not just how long is left on the journey. I know math isn't hard but I just like it that way more.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I ordered the NAV with my car.
I think it works great.
I do also love the voice of the NAV lady and often seek directions just to hear her voice.
I purposely slur or garble my speech just so she has a hard time understanding me.
It is a fun way to prolong the conversation when I am driving alone.
You would also be amazed as to some of the places you can end up at.

Dave

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I ordered the NAV with my car.
I think it works great.
I do also love the voice of the NAV lady and often seek directions just to hear her voice.
I purposely slur or garble my speech just so she has a hard time understanding me.
It is a fun way to prolong the conversation when I am driving alone.
You would also be amazed as to some of the places you can end up at.

Dave
Just send yourself a text to have her read it to you. Could be rather steamy!

djy

I've made multiple long distance trips and heavily relied on the nav. I was especially thankful when I did not have cell reception for certain stretches of the drive. Yes, the screen is on the smaller end compared to some smartphones, but the screen's landscape is well utilized. It can also become inundated with a plethora of additional markings and tags but the systems is quick to make call outs once you need to make a turn, for example. Additionally, the system itself does experience noticeable lag but it has operated effectively for the most part. Regardless, I would purchase the Nav again as it is a convenience factor, for me, and performs as expected.

If you didn't have to pay 150 bucks every year to keep it current then I would recommend it. But having to pay that much on an already $800 option is just ridiculous to me.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Very pleased with NAV myself....

And I don't see the need to update NAV yearly as they don't really make major changes to the road system here all that often...LOL

Perhaps update every 3~4 at the very least!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Very pleased with NAV myself....

And I don't see the need to update NAV yearly as they don't really make major changes to the road system here all that often...LOL

Perhaps update every 3~4 at the very least!
You are right they don't change the roads all that often.
However it is sometimes good to know the location of the newest McDonalds.
Even that being said, I don't plan to buy until the next map update.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
You are right they don't change the roads all that often.
However it is sometimes good to know the location of the newest McDonalds.
Even that being said, I don't plan to buy until the next map update.

Dave
LMAO!!..MacDonald's?! seriously Dave...haha

I got the nav free with my car because my dealer had the car on the lot for a while. I would not pay for it. When I need navigation help, it's for complicated backroads. I have done many comparisons between Google Maps and the Ford nav unit. Google always figures out the fastest and most straight-forward way to get to the destination. Google also factors in live traffic. The Ford nav system has disappointed me many times.

For those that want to update their maps, remember to check on eBay. You just have to know the latest map code. Right now, it's A6. I got the A5 update from eBay for $40 last year.

I have the nav and I find the menus and the way you set the destination to be clunky. In this area I think Google on my phone has spoiled me, all I have to do on Google is say the destination and there it is. That being said, once you set the destination the nav works great. Hasn't led me astray once yet. Its tough to say if I would/ wouldn't spring for it again if I had a do over.

Admittedly I didn't care about navigation when I bought the car. I already have Google Maps on my phone, so who why would I pay money to have a crappier version in my car? But I didn't want to wait to custom order a Fiesta just to avoid getting navigation so I ended up with it since my dealer had one with everything I wanted plus navigation. Honestly, I haven't used my phone for navigation since. Not that the Ford system is better (definitely not), but it is generally good enough and I can talk to it while I drive instead of interacting with a phone or buying a goofy mount. And frankly like today when my phone broke yesterday, it was pretty nice to have as a backup when I happened to be trying to find my way around. If I think about it as a cheapskate, it totally isn't worth it. But yeah, I'd probably buy it again now.....not like $800 when buying a $22k+ car really means much and it has been handy.

I bought mine CPO and it was included so I didn't really have a choice but I will say I'm not disappointed with it. I've only used it a few times but it has worked well. The only feature I like about Google Maps more is that it estimates what time it will be when I arrive, not just how long is left on the journey. I know math isn't hard but I just like it that way more.
Click on the display where it says how much time is remaining, and the option to display an ETA appears.

That is the one option I wanted in mine. I go on a lot of trips up north, and out of state, so it comes in handy for me. I like it a lot. I would buy it again and again and again. worth it no questions asked

i live in an area with shitty cell reception and data if I end up going on any type of trip. There will be miles upon miles of no reception or data. When that happens it absolutely destroys my phone battery. I'm happy to have the navigation.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
My aftermarket pioneer system in my g35 was better hands down, but being that it came with my car at no charge I'm not complaining. It's also cheaper than adding an aftermarket Nav for example my Pioneer was like $850 and the FiST unit is factory, which I like. So not the greatest Nav, but worth it in my opinion.