Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Honestly? All it takes is a quick look under the car to know that there will not be an AWD model.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

I read somewhere a couple months ago in one of the many Fiesta RS threads that someone in Ford said they have no plans for a Fiesta RS. Don't remember the exact wording. I wasn't the least bit surprised. It makes more financial sense for Ford to make a 3 door ST than it does to make a Fiesta RS. The market of people who would buy the RS already have an ST essentially. And most of the people on here complain about how "expensive" the Fiesta ST is... The RS would get monumentally more expensive for the sticker price, and based on the Focus RS, you'll be paying more than sticker to purchase one. Even the people who would seriously buy an RS would probably cringe at that. Not to mention they won't actually improve any of the interior (maybe a few small details, but overall the same plastics), which is another big complaint from the too expensive crowd on the ST. The reason they did the Focus RS is because the Focus ST is already 50 times more popular to purchase than the Fiesta ST. I see several Focus STs on the road a week (saw two within a minuute of each other just this morning). It's an anomaly to see two Fiesta STs on the road within a month.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Also... Nearly 30k for 250hp Fiesta? You can have a 300whp Fiesta for 20k.

me32

1000 Post Club
They're not making one. Look for yourself, it's in just about every Fiesta RS thread.

Ive read them..there is nothing that states FORD is not building one. Once again if you would like to provide me with actual proof that FORD states they are not building one be sure to post it. FORD also has not stated they are building one either

me32

1000 Post Club
Also... Nearly 30k for 250hp Fiesta? You can have a 300whp Fiesta for 20k.

Where can you buy one of those? Ive yet to see a 300hp fiesta for 20k on a show room floor.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ive read them..there is nothing that states FORD is not building one. Once again if you would like to provide me with actual proof that FORD states they are not building one be sure to post it. FORD also has not stated they are building one either
Yep. Blocking you.

I'll put this to rest.

Tyrone Johnson: Ford Performance Engineering Manager.
"In terms of Fiesta RS, I have seen some comments from senior Ford people that it?s definitely not in the plan. Typically we don?t talk about future products, but in that particular one there has been some comments that it?s definitely not in the plan", he said.
Source: http://www.carscoops.com/2016/01/ford-official-dismisses-fiesta-rs-rumors.html

And like many others have said, even if they wanted an FiRS, where's the market, and the feasibilty (at least on the current platform). What about Hoonigan, which provides huge exposure for Ford which has also moved on to the Focus RS RX.

Now what about all those rumors about a faster, more powerful Fiesta. Simple.

New to Ford (coming from Honda and Subaru), are the engines somewhat interchangeable? Would a Focus ST engine fit in the FiST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to Ford (coming from Honda and Subaru), are the engines somewhat interchangeable? Would a Focus ST engine fit in the FiST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off-topic, but whatev.
It's been done. But why do so when a FiST can push out 300whp for less than the conversion for a 2.0. It's no where near the plug n play of Subaru and Hondas.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I think at this point, all parties interested know we are not getting a RS variant, not this generation anyway seeing how there are already spy shots of the next gen Fiesta surfacing. Moderator should probably close this thread down at this point. Once the new FiST comes out we can start a new thread and speculate all we want. My .02