Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

I'd bet this would cost close to $40K if it were ever sold in the US.
What makes the current ST good is the 'bang for buck' factor, I agree the RS would be a big premium over the current ST and frankly, for $30,000 +, there a lot of other cars i would look at.

I see that they went back to the led running lights. I love the ones on the wife's 2013 fiesta. Looks different than most cars.

I guess I am in the minority here, I prefer the cleaner looking front end on the ST. LED marker lights have been done to death on so many cars, even Hyundai and Kia offer this now. Was a unique feature for awhile, now just kind of boring.

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member
Ford Fiesta RS Rumor Thread

A new report from Motoring.com.au says that widely-rumoured Ford Fiesta RS could arrive in a years? time. No official statement has been made by Ford regarding this but but if the Focus RS is a success, then plans for a cheaper and smaller Fiesta RS could gain momentum. The Australian publication has also rendered how the Fiesta RS could look like. Basic layout of the car remains the same but the RS variant gets new bonnet vents, a more aggressive body kit, a lower ride, bigger wheels and a wider stance.

The report further states that the Fiesta RS is unlikely to get Ford?s 247 hp (184 kW) 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged-petrol engine and instead could be powered by a retuned version of Fiesta ST?s 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbocharged gasoline motor. The current powertrain in the Fiesta ST delivers 215 hp (160 kW) and 320 Nm of torque when the car is equipped with the Mountune kit.

Unlike the 2016 Focus RS, the Fiesta RS may not get an AWD layout, which its potential competitors, the Audi S1 and VW Polo R do. Ford may stick with the FWD system to reduce costs, although the company will take the necessary steps to improve the handling of the vehicle. This would likely be done by equipping it with bigger brakes and a firmer suspension. The engine should come mated to exclusively to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Article Source: Motoring

me32

1000 Post Club
That would be so bad ass. I really hope it comes to life and we get it in US. Ill take the 5 door version too.

J2FoRS

Looks pretty sweet. I wish we got a 5 door version instead though! And we NEED that AWD or I likely wouldn't even trade up to one!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
looks nice, but isn't the text EXACTLY describing the ST? 1.6 Turbo, larger brakes, firmer suspension? All present when compared to the base Fiesta...

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
honestly i like the fun of the FWD in the ST but will not purchase an RS without AWD and a bit more power. if it does get the AWD + Power treatment the FoRS is getting ill have one on order as soon as possible. Funds pending[thumb]

Defiantly would NOT want an AWD setup in the FiRS. Keep it light with a trick LSD and front suspension geometry.

So what would be the difference other than being re-tuned and a little different body styling? I know it's still early for that but they certainly need to throw that 2.0 in there lol