Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

I love my Fist.Don't. Need the RS. ST got it right why fool around with.Besides I have seen maybe 3 ST's in my area none the same color which I think makes mine a little more unique around here.And I must agree that Ford and the dealerships don't do much to advertise Fiesta or the ST.

Is there something they could take it from.
Other than the FoRS then shrink it down a bit & minimize a few features that FoRS offers. Done.
If they decided to bump the block to a 2.0L, I may consider the FWD. If they don't, my '15 FiST is good enough.

BTW, Are you the Green Envy on base?

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member
Is a 250-HP Ford Fiesta RS Coming In 2017 ??

New details are starting to emerge about the Ford Fiesta RS.

According to Autobild, the model will likely be launched in 2017 to mark the car's 40th anniversary.

Ford hasn't confirmed plans for a Fiesta RS but the company has previously said they will offer at least 12 high-performance cars in the future. The Fiesta RS is believed to be one of these models and it is slated to join a growing lineup that includes the Focus RS, the F-150 Raptor, the Mustang Shelby GT350 / GT350R and the all-new GT.

Little is known about the Fiesta RS at this point but it is expected to follow in the footsteps of the Focus RS and adopt an aggressive front fascia, revised side skirts, and a sporty rear end. We can also expect a sport-tuned suspension and a high-performance braking system.

Performance specifications remain unconfirmed but the publication says the car will use an upgraded version of the Fiesta ST's turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine. It produces 197 hp (147 kW) in the ST but rumors suggest the RS could have up to 246 hp (183 kW).

Earlier rumors suggested the Fiesta RS could feature an all-wheel drive system but this seems unlikely as mainstream models don't have an all-wheel drive option and the expensive of creating a system specifically for the Fiesta RS would be hard to justify.

Read more on Worldcarfans.

What about the article from motoring crunch that quoted Ford Performance Chief Engineer as saying there will be no Fiesta RS?

Hey Guys,

don't give anything about that rumors from this car magazine. I know what I write I'm from Germany and this magazine is crap.

They have no source for what they are writing. As we say in Germany they are guess into the blue from the sky.

I work for Ford Germany and I know a lot of people who are in planning new cars and nobody talks about the Fiesta RS. No specs, no release date or if this car ever comes.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am cool without it, ugly front end, more weight, more money, AWD is too easy so boring unless going nuts speeds where mostly you should not be doing so.....

J2FoRS

I am cool without it, ugly front end, more weight, more money, AWD is too easy so boring unless going nuts speeds where mostly you should not be doing so.....
I just wanna play in the snow ! :) Love an STI or Evo with snow tires. Little tanks. I'd love to see this little snow machine go kart.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have driven dozens of winters in the snow on and off road and unless really deep can take a RWD or FWD places most would not believe, it is about smooth inputs and momentum. I drove a snow packer at a ski resort one winter and drove up the mountain sometimes in several inches of new snow without snow tires.

Old saying, 4WD just gets you in further before you get stuck so a longer walk out:)

I have owned and love 4WD and AWD vehicles and have my dually now but in a car I want to haul butt in just not that important, I will take an SUV instead but I know if I was running a rally in a high powered car I would sure as hell want AWD!

me32

1000 Post Club
Other than the FoRS then shrink it down a bit & minimize a few features that FoRS offers. Done.
If they decided to bump the block to a 2.0L, I may consider the FWD. If they don't, my '15 FiST is good enough.

BTW, Are you the Green Envy on base?
I would like the AWD but id take a more powerful motor in the FIST over the AWD.

I have been on the base hear an there but there is also a blond girl that has the same color that is on base too.