Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not for sale turbo upgrade.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201

Seems nice and smooth, even with "smoothing" turned down to "2".
Pump gas and meth. 75 degrees ( according to the dash ).

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
[loveboost]Anything you can think of to help spool. That's the only thing missing on this set up. Pulls hard up top just kind of laggy until 4500Rpm. Btw I think it's time to update your sig.[werd]

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203

70 degrees this morning.
351whp 321tq
93oct plus meth OEM muffler

I think it's about time to shift focus on tying up small details ( like a new air filter !!! And connecting the recir of the BOV.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205
Def keeping my 2J race intake, only I need a new clean filter REALLY BAD. My K&N is grey, not red/orange, lol

MAC valve? running an external gate on this right?

That's such a nice torque curve! Needs cams and more revs! I Jaw dropped when I saw how unbelievably weak the factory cam specs are in these cars, huge power to be gained there, but that's another discussion... But the larger than factory turbo cars are BEGGING for more camshaft.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
MAC valve? running an external gate on this right?

That's such a nice torque curve! Needs cams and more revs! I Jaw dropped when I saw how unbelievably weak the factory cam specs are in these cars, huge power to be gained there, but that's another discussion... But the larger than factory turbo cars are BEGGING for more camshaft.
Stock boost control solenoid with a 21psi external WG Spring :)

Cams would help.... But it's a tuning nightmare I don't/can't deal with :(

Starting to run out of fuel a bit. Commanded was 11.00 and it hit 12.40 at the last rpm.
It has a few more mechanical tricks up its sleeve, but really, the weather is what will make the biggest changes in it over the next 4 months.

Does the stock solenoid operate like a 3 port MAC valve? I thought it was integrated into the compressor housing on a stock turbo? So you're saying there's a way to set it up as a stand alone.....

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #210
Does the stock solenoid operate like a 3 port MAC valve? I thought it was integrated into the compressor housing on a stock turbo? So you're saying there's a way to set it up as a stand alone.....
The stock valve will work on any turbocharger with the correct wastegate actuator or spring in it :) if def not built into the comp housing :)

I FINALLY got my go-pro on ( with a charged battery in it ) !!

I'll post a video from this morning on low(ER) boost making about 340whp. But I have to wait till I get some wifi at home :)

Warning... It may suck... I know the audio was low ( hero1 problems ).

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
TIP Actual Rel will show the PSI minus the Barometric pressure. Not a biggie, but it's less math to do lol. And yes, when monitoring TIP Actual you'll almost always see a spike when you let off.
Thanx, my tuner didn't know that, lol. Clearly.

The evolution of when I first started tuning (like day #2) on pump gas, to now on pump/meth.

My fav part? I have not had to work on the car at all since the day it left the shop minus the 1 time the vacuum line came off the BOV ( which I fixed without pulling it in the shop lol ).

This really is about it for power tuning... #1 I'm on 20% full tank of meth and I'm out. ( 10 gallons used over the last couple weeks ). And #2 I need to start reeling in the timing and maybe reel in the boost to give the intercooler a break.

I want to get some tires on this thing, do a few more things for heat control ( add heat barrier sleeves to my coolant lines and put my turbo blanket on ) and then do some weekend "drives " with my local ST group :)

Man this thing is just about ideal, I love this powerband, and it could still rev higher! I want this thing with some cams.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218

Without meth..... 7 degrees of timing and knocking at 5000rpm

With meth 13.5 degrees of timing and no corrections at 5,000rpm

My secret to making power is no secret at all, I've been saying it for 18months. 100% meth injection with a high pressure pump and large nozzle.

This is identical boost maps, and all other things are equal on the car, minus the non-meth run was missing a 100lbs passenger.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Of course you're going to experience knock with 31-33psi on 93oct if you don't have enough fuel for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220
Of course you're going to experience knock with 31-33psi on 93oct if you don't have enough fuel for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The AFR was 11.6 at 5,000rpm.

I was doing the log to watch AFR without lag, but the timing stopped me from even making a full pull.

While true, 33psi is a lot to ask from pump gas, it's also clear that 33psi with meth's octane assist is no problem. So not only does it let me run 6-7 degrees more timing, it lets me run an un-known more amount of boost pressure, which only highlights how much people have to gain from Meth injection.