Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not for sale turbo upgrade.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
They worked better on the 8v RWD cars, than they did the 5 cyl. Most of the RWD cars came with a super tiny 13c. A 15g or 16/18t (depending on which car you pilfered the turbo from) was a massive upgrade to that. I wonder how our cars would respond to one of the KKK turbos on the s60/v70r. Hmm...
A TD04HL-19T with a 7cm housing and 9-blade turbine would crush a that K24/K04 that came on the S60R. But Volvo for what ever reason, wasn't interested in machining a Saab compressor wheel into the Volvo comp housing, and the Greddy developed 9-blade turbines were not an option back then either. But of course, not that Volvo would have been interested in all that work.

The 18T is a great wheel matched to the 11 or 12 blade turbine wheel volvos came with. Most were 13T ( same as a wrx with a much smaller turbine wheel "L" ). The 15G was a better comp wheel.

Anyway... Point is... Volvo went simple for the S60R with a limited production, and just bolted on something that gave them an "upgrade" over the other S60 cars. Personally, I'm not a fan at all of K03's or K04 turbos.

A Volvo with a 20T turbo like this would be AWESOME. A few guys have made 340-350whp with them and honestly, volvo's Ecu and fueling hardware are pretty much from caveman days.

Volvo guys actually PURPOSELY clip the turbine wheels on these turbos to make them spool slower and help save the rods in stock motors from the instant torque they create.

I like older ugly boxy volvo's like the 850 wagon's, but I sort of hate the newer S60 cars. I begged my brother not to buy one.... 2 motors later... All while he's owned a Lexus IS300 for 12-14 years and never done anything but maintenance on it ( very poorly I should add, lol ).

But where the back housings hold the volvo's big displacement back, it's a bit of a blessing for a 1.6L with high compression like ours :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
Another long day...

Good bye ford Downpipe flange !!

In order to shorten the 90 degree bends radius to about 0, this has to be fixed. And... It is. I just don't have a pic yet. This is 3" tubing btw.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #84

3" to 2 1/4" stock muffler inlet.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87

I still have to trim the coupler down to bring the inlet toward the turbo/driver side.

Stock 35mm inlet
Cyborg 2.5" inlet
Volvo 3.0" inlet

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #88

The Downpipe. Add in one band clamp, a super short section of 3" and then the Volvo flange.

I got home from the shop.... And these were in the mail :(. Compressor outlet to hot pipe and 3" v-band for Downpipe.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89

Hot pipe

Hot pipe

Air inlet ( little sideways because the coupler is not clamped ).

Modded 2J race intake ( 2.5" section removed it's all 3" ), where it meets up to the new 3" inlet.

Out on the table, the entire 3" inlet.

Downpipe V-band to Volvo flange

V-band fixing to be tigged to the Downpipe

Ready to be tigged.

3" to 3" couple came in for the inlet to intake. Alone with the 45 degree oil return hose.

On the car.

TempeST

Damn, moving right along! Keep it up man, got some good progress. Cant wait to see how this turns out

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
Hurry up. Work faster.

I know !!
4 kids. I work at 1 shop 9 to 5 ( or 7am to 3:30pm ). Drive to another shop where the car is... Drive to another shop where the tools and one of the welders is... Drive to... ANOTHER shop where the alum welder is... Drive BACK to the shop where the car is and test fit....

See where this is going? Lol. My GF also has this crazy idea that I owe her time, lol.

Last Monday, or Tuesday, I felt like nothing was coming along. This Monday, I feel like I don't have too many things left on the list :)

Freaking turbo still is not built :(
Lathe time keeps getting taken up by cyborgs.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
Poor Bryan. So many projects, not enough time ??
It's true, it keeps me busy. But I feel like I'm living the dream to an extent. I feel pretty lucky to be able to do all this stuff. Lots of really good friends help behind the scenes as well.

I know !!
4 kids. I work at 1 shop 9 to 5 ( or 7am to 3:30pm ). Drive to another shop where the car is... Drive to another shop where the tools and one of the welders is... Drive to... ANOTHER shop where the alum welder is... Drive BACK to the shop where the car is and test fit....

See where this is going? Lol. My GF also has this crazy idea that I owe her time, lol.

Last Monday, or Tuesday, I felt like nothing was coming along. This Monday, I feel like I don't have too many things left on the list :)

Freaking turbo still is not built :(
Lathe time keeps getting taken up by cyborgs.

Selling a few turbos a month can keep her happy

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
It's true, it keeps me busy. But I feel like I'm living the dream to an extent. I feel pretty lucky to be able to do all this stuff. Lots of really good friends help behind the scenes as well.

Gotta let me know when she's all done and ready to go. Wanna drive her and see what she's got. He car guys, the car. Just in case we had any perverts lurking.??

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Make sure you use WHP and not BHP when testing ;)
Lmao. Sorry, I'm not a company from a foreign country trying sell products to an ill informed consumer, lol. But I think you posted that because you know how crazy that drive me, lol.
Yes... It will all be whp. Good or bad :)