Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not for sale turbo upgrade.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #142

It's getting there !! Hope to start it up this weekend. I'm supposed to troubleshoot a local guys EFR powered fist though, but that depends on him...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143

So.... After testing the BOV return tube, it was clear the it was forcing more air UP WARD TOWARD THE MAF sensor, than it was toward the compressor wheel ( which is where you want it to keep the turbo spooled between gears).
So... Nothing a little love couldn't fix. Works awesome now.

Crazy high temp wrap I use on manifolds.

The lighter stuff isn't rated for quiet as high of temps, but it's what I used last time on the entire Downpipe, and it was still in good shape when I cut it off to fab this one.

Crazy busy day.... Didn't even keep to step into the shop with the car. But mostly importantly, shipped the first cyborg39, so... It's all good.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #145
Just started the car. Updates later.
For
Now
I will never ever buy another Tial BOV unless I'm working on a full on race car with a front clip that comes off and the BOV(s) are insanely easy to reach.
Very poor seal design, not to mention the nasty slice in my finger from the clamp.
This valve is behind ever meme that says, "this is the reason mechanics hate engineers".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146

Good to be rolling a fiesta again !!

Now... A little tuning love... Super hoping I can get the stock muffler put on my 3" TBE, and of course have then re-connect the Downpipe to the 3" via the V-band.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #148

When your car has been done for 2 months and you just finished your custom turbo install...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153

Good night you crazy kids... It's still begging for timing, which is great because it's slap ass out of fuel...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #156
Wow, that power band looks flat and real Laggy. Is that why you have cut half the graph off so you can't see it?.
It's an entirely new, never been done before turbo setup and it's on its 4th revision for boost tuning. It's had nothing to address spool up, or mid-range
Power. It's been all about finding the boost setting it likes without crossing the line with fuel. Besides removing timing to below stg3 OTS levels, then adding it back in, it's had nothing but boost tuning. I will get there.

But he is the cool part... I have two other turbine shafts I can use to reduce lag, and an entirely different smaller turbine housing. And if that doesn't work.... I have another compressor housing I can machine to a 20T ( 360whp compressor vs 400whp compressor that's in it ).
The compressor wheel on this turbo is bigger than a GT2860. And it doesn't have ball bearings.

The TD04 turbo is almost infinitely adjustable for incredibly cheap...

I'll post up some datazaps soon. But just like the 18 months or so it took me to tune my first cyborg, ya gotta realize, I'm not a pro-tuner. I'm just a guy with a relative understanding of turbocharged engines and some experience with access tuner.

TuningbyOZ will kick in at some point and help me with tuning the Vtak, VE tables and prob fixing a lot of mistakes.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #159
42x54 GT2554 53mm turbine
46x58 TD04HL 52mm turbine
47x58 TD04HL-20T 52mm turbine
47x60 GT2860rs 54mm turbine
47x63 gt2863r 54mm turbine
***50x60 TD04HL-22T 52mm turbine***
50x67 gt2867 54mm turbine wheel

I also run a .49 turbine housing and my turbo is 30 years old.
Those turbos start out with a .64 turbine housing option and go up from there.

Also... Those compressor wheel specs are general specs. Tip height and stack height are not compared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk