Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not for sale turbo upgrade.

It's an entirely new, never been done before turbo setup and it's on its 4th revision for boost tuning. It's had nothing to address spool up, or mid-range
Power. It's been all about finding the boost setting it likes without crossing the line with fuel. Besides removing timing to below stg3 OTS levels, then adding it back in, it's had nothing but boost tuning. I will get there.

But he is the cool part... I have two other turbine shafts I can use to reduce lag, and an entirely different smaller turbine housing. And if that doesn't work.... I have another compressor housing I can machine to a 20T ( 360whp compressor vs 400whp compressor that's in it ).
The compressor wheel on this turbo is bigger than a GT2860. And it doesn't have ball bearings.

The TD04 turbo is almost infinitely adjustable for incredibly cheap...

I'll post up some datazaps soon. But just like the 18 months or so it took me to tune my first cyborg, ya gotta realize, I'm not a pro-tuner. I'm just a guy with a relative understanding of turbocharged engines and some experience with access tuner.

TuningbyOZ will kick in at some point and help me with tuning the Vtak, VE tables and prob fixing a lot of mistakes.
Hello sir,

I see you have options to try reduce lag. .49 ar is not large so maybe it is not their. I read more of the thread and forum. I read lots of forums and lots of thread.
your manifold is compromised but I understand other options not practicle for you.
thanks to show me the hole graph. I can see boost builds like 2560 which is poor. garrets used for diesel truck in beginning and this is why still never fixed.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #163
I would agree. At least for now, it builds like a GT2560. Only.... This is a 400whp turbo and unlike the Garrett, this isn't an expensive turbo :)

I've been meaning disclose the full cost of this setup... $1,018.00 give or take...

--------------------------------------------------
Volvo conversion project cost.

Manifold (free for me) $75

Wastegate $95 ( yes, I'm still using the China Tial ).

Wastegate dump $30

Volvo Downpipe flange $40 ( crazy !! )

V-band clamp for Downpipe $28

Oil feed line at local hose place $75

Oil return hose $10

Water line kit $35

Hot pipe coupler 90* $10

3" silicone coupler str8 $8

Inlet and misc piping materials $60

1.25" steel adaptor plate $12

Core turbo charger at local salvage yard $80
$200 turbocharger parts. Call it $300.

In the end, I should have bought an eBay BOV instead of the real Tial for $240 but I splurged.
I think I sold my old cyborg setup off my car for $1,000. But I can't remember...

And let's not forget at any time I can stick a 6cm2 (.42) turbine housing on it, swap in a faster spooling 11-blade or faster spooling still 12-blade, and then even still swap the 400whp comp wheel out for a 360whp compressor wheel. I could also lower the compressor housing A/R by 1 or even 2 sizes smaller as well.

But that's why I chose the TD04HL. It's insanely flexible.

As far as the lag goes.... It would be really really nice if someone would built a stock hybrid with enough compressor wheel to make 300-320whp, yet retained 90% of the stock turbo response :)

Wait... Someone does. Me. For $1300.

I see you can make change to help faster boost and improve but more at bottom reduce power at top.?
I look to see this new turbo that does everything then I read at the other thread. why do you not put on your car now I think.?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #165
I see you can make change to help faster boost and improve but more at bottom reduce power at top.?
I look to see this new turbo that does everything then I read at the other thread. why do you not put on your car now I think.?
Because for right now at least, I'm dropping the boost at 6200rpm, this turbo is chilling.

In theory, I could help spool up with more restrictive exhaust turbine and wheel, and then the comp wheel would have to work a little harder to make power, but it has plenty left in it.

The problem is... I no longer work for the Mountune rally team where I swap entire drive lines in a 1 hour service. So it's going to stay how it is, at least for a little while.

Makes 200ft lbs at 3700rpm. And it's now making 316whp and 293tq on 93oct no meth, no E85.

And now with an oem muffler on it.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I love this thread because it reminds me 68HTA's are under $700 at forced performance right now...,
I had one on my 05 Legacy GT, but it was the BNR version with the 7cm housing. Car spooled up to 20psi by 3,600 rpm and pulled to 7,400 rpm. Of course I had a built motor with cams which undoubtedly helped, but that car was a blast.[}:)]

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Because for right now at least, I'm dropping the boost at 6200rpm, this turbo is chilling.

In theory, I could help spool up with more restrictive exhaust turbine and wheel, and then the comp wheel would have to work a little harder to make power, but it has plenty left in it.

The problem is... I no longer work for the Mountune rally team where I swap entire drive lines in a 1 hour service. So it's going to stay how it is, at least for a little while.

Makes 200ft lbs at 3700rpm. And it's now making 316whp and 293tq on 93oct no meth, no E85.

And now with an oem muffler on it.
Come on Bryan. 4 more whp. I called 320whp. Damn I was almost spot on. Seems like the old Frankenturbo turned out pretty good. I;m sure there are a few other things you could do to help spool a bit. How's it feel daily driving? Is the spool bearable? or is it too laggy? Let me know when you're ready for my car.

I would agree. At least for now, it builds like a GT2560. Only.... This is a 400whp turbo and unlike the Garrett, this isn't an expensive turbo :)

I've been meaning disclose the full cost of this setup... $1,018.00 give or take...

Volvo conversion project cost.

Manifold (free for me) $75

Wastegate $95 ( yes, I'm still using the China Tial ).

Wastegate dump $30

Volvo Downpipe flange $40 ( crazy !! )

V-band clamp for Downpipe $28

Oil feed line at local hose place $75

Oil return hose $10

Water line kit $35

Hot pipe coupler 90* $10

3" silicone coupler str8 $8

Inlet and misc piping materials $60

1.25" steel adaptor plate $12

Core turbo charger at local salvage yard $80
$200 turbocharger parts. Call it $300.

In the end, I should have bought an eBay BOV instead of the real Tial for $240 but I splurged.
I think I sold my old cyborg setup off my car for $1,000. But I can't remember...

And let's not forget at any time I can stick a 6cm2 (.42) turbine housing on it, swap in a faster spooling 11-blade or faster spooling still 12-blade, and then even still swap the 400whp comp wheel out for a 360whp compressor wheel. I could also lower the compressor housing A/R by 1 or even 2 sizes smaller as well.

But that's why I chose the TD04HL. It's insanely flexible.

As far as the lag goes.... It would be really really nice if someone would built a stock hybrid with enough compressor wheel to make 300-320whp, yet retained 90% of the stock turbo response :)

Wait... Someone does. Me. For $1300.
Will you be building these and selling them or are you talking about the Cyborg 39? I'm between that and the X37 but I honestly don't know what the difference is, can I PM you for more details on the Cyborg?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Will you be building these and selling them or are you talking about the Cyborg 39? I'm between that and the X37 but I honestly don't know what the difference is, can I PM you for more details on the Cyborg?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Go ahead. Bryan will get back to you with all questions answered. He's a busy guy but will reply.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176

When someone hands you 5-gal of 100% methanol...

http://www.datazap.me/u/sourskittle/starting-add-boost-meth?log=0&data=4-7

This is with the meth turned up 100% on the single nozzle. Extremely pleased it's fueling this far.

When the new tip sensor gets here, peak boost can go up as well. Still very much working on raising the upper rpm boost a little at a time.

These cars just LOVE 100% methanol !!!

Sekred

1000 Post Club

When someone hands you 5-gal of 100% methanol...

http://www.datazap.me/u/sourskittle/starting-add-boost-meth?log=0&data=4-7

This is with the meth turned up 100% on the single nozzle. Extremely pleased it's fueling this far.

When the new tip sensor gets here, peak boost can go up as well. Still very much working on raising the upper rpm boost a little at a time.

These cars just LOVE 100% methanol !!!
Nice work getting it up and running SS. Big numbers too, keep pushing :). What does it sound like with the OE muffler?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #179
Nice work getting it up and running SS. Big numbers too, keep pushing :). What does it sound like with the OE muffler?
It's still a working progress, the new tip sensor should help. I'm currently trying to keep it at a 29psi peak and I am super slowing raising the upper boost levels. But it can prob goto 32psi or so, many more at least in the earlier RPM's ( like 5800rpm ).

The multiport meth nozzle tuning is going to be interesting :)

Timing is still lower than normal for me :)

Driving this is AC beats driving my Lexus, lol. I sold the Lexus last night to a relative for $800. Paid $1500 for the Yukon with AC :)

Siestarider

340 whp. Obsolete Volvo turbo. 1.6 L Fiesta. The only thing these three extremely unrelated things could possibly have in common is SS. Smokey is smiling...