Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1315161718192021222324 LastLast
81 Likes

Thread: Not for sale turbo upgrade.

Senior Member 1064 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 25 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 50 Rep Points
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourskittle View Post
    The AFR was 11.6 at 5,000rpm.

I was doing the log to watch AFR without lag, but the timing stopped me from even making a full pull.

While true, 33psi is a lot to ask from pump gas, it's also clear that 33psi with meth's octane assist is no problem. So not only does it let me run 6-7 degrees more timing, it lets me run an un-known more amount of boost pressure, which only highlights how much people have to gain from Meth injection.

I'm not sure how it can be unknown...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You need people like me...so you can point your fingers and say, 'That's the bad guy...' You're not good...you just hide/lie. I don't have that problem. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!"

Senior Member 784 Rep Points Sourskittle's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 25 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 50 Rep Points
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I'm not sure how it can be unknown...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's un-know for now because I have to turn the timing and boost down to see where it's happy on 93oct. Let's say it's 28psi max on 93oct. Then it's a difference of 5 psi and 6-7 degrees of timing that meth has let me add.
    291 WHP @6000rpm / 293 TQ@3900rpm VD ( NOT BHP )
    13.34@104.5mph "Show me the carfax"/trap speed

Cyborg Stock Upgraded Turbo setup
    http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2857-Cyborg-upgraded-stock-Turbocharger-system

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

At the end of the day.... I sell hybrid turbos. And if you want to prove a point, you normally have to do it yourself ;)

Anyone interested ?

External wastegate + dump tube
    Inlet, downpipe ( and full exhaust if you are local and want it ). Oil/water lines.

I'll prob keep it. But if someone is interested, I would be willing to sell it...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2857-Cyborg-upgraded-stock-Turbocharger-system

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Toledo
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

If only this was a td05h....

Make it easy for me and tell me what lines you used for water/oil so I can eventually go 16g.

Member 99 Rep Points masonsturbos's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points
    City
    saint louis
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

So the "not for sale" turbo is now for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    15' TB FiST, Stage 3: Mishimoto J-Line intercooler, 2j-racing catless Downpipe, Injen intake, custom Catch Can, Panda Tuned, soon to be x47, Lowered on H&R springs, Nitto Neogens 215/40/17, Painted stockers, custom wing risers, bumper diffusers, All-Fit lip, 20% tint-5% back, Cobb Rmm.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    If only this was a td05h....

Make it easy for me and tell me what lines you used for water/oil so I can eventually go 16g.
    You actually don't want a TD05. I'm prob going to keep this turbo setup and "down grade" the turbine wheel back to the stock Volvo 12-blade for better spool up over the higher flowing 9-blade. It's pretty clear the exhaust wheel isn't hurting things on the big end.

Another forum member was building a super interesting TD05 based setup using an EVO turbo. Even I was interested. But the packaging of the evo turbo spinning backwards, and the general cost the titanium turbine wheel made it a bit much for me. But a really cool setup. Not sure where he went. But all his rotating parts were larger and heavier over the TD04HL parts ( because it's a larger bearing center section and all ). But after what I've learned with this turbo, I'm happy I went the TD04HL route over the TD05. And if anything, a more restrictive, yet faster spooling turbine is what I'd like, not a much larger TD05 turbine. And the compressor wheel in this turbo is the size of a TD05H-18G. It's reasonably large for a TD05. In a TD04HL, it's a beast. Besides the 9-blade turbine, I wouldn't change anything about this turbo at all. And it's pretty clear, the turbine in it, is not hurting anything but feelings.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by masonsturbos View Post
    So the "not for sale" turbo is now for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You really don't have anything better to do ? Like install or tune something ?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Toledo
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Good points there, it's just SO easy to source a drop in 16g (big/small, Evo8/9/10, any of the FP variants) for dirt cheap I don't see the point, especially when I'm thinking more camshaft and RPM. I'd give up a few hundred RPM of spool for the development /durability that's happened with the td05h stuff compared to the td04l's. Not to mention the housing options.

It's a pretty active DSM market in my area, too.

Member 85 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points
    City
    Fredericksburg
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

I know some folks in the Volvo world that had good results with the evo turbos. Granted, on the old redblock cars you have enough engine bay space to build a J-pipe and just weld the weird Evo exhaust flange on. Like SS said, the amount of work for our application may not be worth it.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Good points there, it's just SO easy to source a drop in 16g (big/small, Evo8/9/10, any of the FP variants) for dirt cheap I don't see the point, especially when I'm thinking more camshaft and RPM. I'd give up a few hundred RPM of spool for the development /durability that's happened with the td05h stuff compared to the td04l's. Not to mention the housing options.

It's a pretty active DSM market in my area, too.
    The TD04HL-19T will move the same as a small 16G compressor wise. This is what they refer to as a "TD04HL-23T". But like I said, it's basically a TD05H-18G wheel but will better aero design.

The Volvo guys have 2.3L and 2.5L's to play with. The 1.6L just isn't going to spool a turbo like they will.

For RPM this is your turbo, lol. I mean.... if your looking for more than 360-370whp ( maybe 380whp ), then you prob should be looking at a DHM Garrett kit.

I'm not really trying to sell this, but if someone wanted it, I would sell it. If you look at the pages of this Thread, it wasn't done over a weekend.

Like I said, I was all about that ti-turbine wheel and all that, but after now having experience with this.... sorry.... no way I'd run a TD05 on this car. And that's not me trying to sell this... By the name of the thread, it was never built to be something I sold. But that's just my honest opinion.

The TD04HL does have housing options. But these are the biggest ones. So you
    Could only go smaller, not bigger. But like I said, if you want more than 360whp, you should prob be looking at a Gen2 GTX2860 or GTX2867.

No durability issues with TD04's. The new Porsche Macan uses twin TD04HL turbos on its V6.

Now.... run a TD04-13G on a 7500rpm DSM 2.0L and yea.... your kind of asking a lot lol. With a 18G compressor wheel, the Rpms drop drastically and reliability actually improves despite the heavier comp wheel.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1315161718192021222324 LastLast