Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New AP Update and now issues

Rhinopolis

I datalogged this morning, and when I went to upload the log AM said that there was an update. I updated, and now my AP won't connect to AM on my desktop?. I restarted the computer, and tried multiple times to exit out of AM and reconnect, and each time I tried I was told "unable to connect". Everything was fine until I uploaded the new update. Any ideas?

Edit : This is AM 2.1.1.9

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Did you update both your AP and AP desktop manager?

I updated the new AP Manager Software the other day and everything works fine...

[MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION] - any suggestions?

NVM . ..OP resolved issue...

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #3
I went to the Cobb site and downloaded AM from that site, and now it's working again. Weird....

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #4
My logs are now showing and everything appears fine, but that was unusual as I have updated to the latest firmware several times before and never have this issue.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yeah Cobb sent out a major AP Manager Software update the other day and if it wasn't updated along with your AP I could see where a conflict might occur...

Glad to hear your up and running now!

A very important way that Cobb stands out is their fast customer support. I did not have this particular problem, but when I've had even minor questions in the past, someone real (meaning a real name, real email and phone #) has responded quickly. I've only called once, but a real person answered the phone and answered my questions right away. For emails, within a day, at most.

Mountune offers the same level of service. I've called, and Randy answers the call or calls back when he can; otherwise an email within a day.

We're fortunate with these two companies that the service that they provide really is tops.

Yet another reason to favor the Fist.

koozy

3000 Post Club
launch it and make sure it's version is 2.1.1.9. should show on the top of the application. You can also set up AM preferences to notify you when an update is available.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I just opened it and it asked me if I wanted to update it. Ha. I just had it opened 2 days ago. Thanks for the reminder!

koozy

3000 Post Club
no new features that I'm aware of. I think it's so AM can handle the new firmware update to the AP. Won't be able to use new maps without updating first.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Another possible remedy, if anyone updates AM and still cannot connect their AP3, is to restart your computer. I reinstalled AM and was still having issues, so restarting was my last attempt to try and get connection before contacting Cobb and oddly it worked.

me32

1000 Post Club
My seem to update fine both ap and am. But i did have to wait for the new drivers to install 1st before it would connect. This is on windows 7 pro 64bit