Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noisy Dual Mass Flywheel?

does your fiesta sound like this [video=youtube;3ppQP9T5dYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppQP9T5dYk[/video]
Christ, no that sounds awful! Get that thing in......hopefully you can find a good stealership!

My pleasure, TuxedoST - I'll keep an eye out for your update.

Nick
So the dealership (Crossroads ford, NC) was supposed to get in touch about bringing my car in, and never did. I'm seriously questioning my decision to own a Ford. I'll be checking with them shortly to see what's up but [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION], this isn't looking good.

Thanks

RobeST

The car is fine, mine makes clunky noises when shifting inbetween gears. It's also because the noise dampening in the car is pretty much nonexistent(it's an econobox at heart after a all). As to the video of the noises coming from the transmission from that other guy on here, that's not normal at all it almost sounds like a spun bearing. It's also a sports car and there are going to be clunks, rattles, and every other little headache of owning one. If you sit there and listen to every noise your car makes and bring it in for those noises, you should've just bought a Camry instead lol. I came from a mazdaspeed 3 and the noises that thing and rattles it had were unreal. There's rattles in my trunk on my FiST and I just hit 25k for miles on it but I'm used to that stuff. When I first bought my mazda(first high performance car) I gave myself migraines bringing it back and forth to 6 dealers figuring out where every little rattle and squeak came from, it's not worth it, one of the perks of owning a bare bones sports car. I love the fact that my fist makes those little noises to let me know I'm in gear and the little rattles are fun with the stiffer motor mounts I installed too along with a stage 2 kit from Cobb. Car is fine, every one of them is going to shift/ride/turn/squeak/clunk differently because they are not exactly the same. As long as it's running fine, boost is coming on strong, clutch feels good, engine sounds good, you're fine. The little rattles are a bonus and I've grown to enjoy them lol

My car chatters... Not as loud as that video (Thats terrible [giddy]) But if mine starts giving me issues I'm going aftermarket flywheel.

So the dealership (Crossroads ford, NC) was supposed to get in touch about bringing my car in, and never did. I'm seriously questioning my decision to own a Ford. I'll be checking with them shortly to see what's up but [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION], this isn't looking good.

Thanks
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but its a good place to leave the information, because it is about the issue described above.

I recently brought the car back in to the same dealership as I did last year. This time I got Ford involved from the get go. I informed them of all of the problems that were happening, the clicking and weak clutch, the whine coming from the trans, and the leaking axle seals. Well FINALLY I'm being taken seriously and warranty repair is happening on all affected parts. It is crazy to me that it took as long as it did for Ford to take these matters seriously, but I'm pretty stoked that I'll get the car I loved back!

I'll update when I get the car back.

Thanks!

haste

1000 Post Club
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but its a good place to leave the information, because it is about the issue described above.

I recently brought the car back in to the same dealership as I did last year. This time I got Ford involved from the get go. I informed them of all of the problems that were happening, the clicking and weak clutch, the whine coming from the trans, and the leaking axle seals. Well FINALLY I'm being taken seriously and warranty repair is happening on all affected parts. It is crazy to me that it took as long as it did for Ford to take these matters seriously, but I'm pretty stoked that I'll get the car I loved back!

I'll update when I get the car back.

Thanks!
Glad to hear man. Sorry I never responded to the PMs...I got really busy. :(

Glad to hear man. Sorry I never responded to the PMs...I got really busy. :(
No worries man. We all get busy. If you ever have time, I still wouldn't mind meeting up and seeing what you've done to your ride! Sounds pretty awesome. I should get mine back either tonight or tomorrow. I'm really hoping it feels and sounds like it used to!

Interesting thread.

My 5 speed Fiesta has just started to make these first gear engagement/first to second engagement clicks...at 62k. My dealership is a huge headache on all levels (I am currently dealing with a leaky hatch/spare tire area FILLS with water that they don't want anything to do with) so I think I'm on my own with this one. After reading this thread I feel like it might not be as catastrophic as I thought it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony, you may want to call ford corporate customer service first about that spare tire area filling. That is crazy. Maybe they can help you out?

Anthony, you may want to call ford corporate customer service first about that spare tire area filling. That is crazy. Maybe they can help you out?
That's what I've had to do since the dealer wants to leave me out to hang. My appointment for the body shop at the dealership in the first week of November will really dictate how things go forward but head office/Ford Canada customer service is following along and has told me they want to make it right for me. I'm done at this dealership either way, just a matter of whether I'm completely done with Ford or not. Really have a bad taste left in my mouth with the way I've been treated considering how hardcore of a Ford fan I've been all my life :/

Allllso I took up the carpet in the back seat area and the floor/soundproofing/carpet is SOAKED too. Good times lol

Update time!

Got my car back from the dealership finally. The clutch, flywheel, master cylinder, and axle seals were all replaced.

Drove it home last night and man, the clutch felt amazing. It's been bad for the better part of 2 years now, so I got used to how horrible it was performing. It feels so different! The engagement point is right where it should be instead of one inch from the top of travel, and there are no more awful clicking noises.

I've not been on the highway yet, so I'm not sure if the high pitched whine is gone. I'm really hoping that noise is gone and was just a symptom of a bad clutch, not something worse like a transmission issue.

Thanks Ford for stepping up to the plate and doing right by your customer!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Update time!

Got my car back from the dealership finally. The clutch, flywheel, master cylinder, and axle seals were all replaced.

Drove it home last night and man, the clutch felt amazing. It's been bad for the better part of 2 years now, so I got used to how horrible it was performing. It feels so different! The engagement point is right where it should be instead of one inch from the top of travel, and there are no more awful clicking noises.

I've not been on the highway yet, so I'm not sure if the high pitched whine is gone. I'm really hoping that noise is gone and was just a symptom of a bad clutch, not something worse like a transmission issue.

Thanks Ford for stepping up to the plate and doing right by your customer!

This is great news! I bet the car feels like new again, I know the sounds I'm hearing definitely make me a little uneasy but it's good to know it can be taken care of :) mines been like this for probably more than 6 months now. Any idea on what ended up being the root cause?

Sorry for the very delayed response. I don't know specifically, but the master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch, and pressure plate were all replaced. The howling noise was still there after this repair so I recently brought it back for that. Getting a new transmission, because apparently the main bearing is going bad. Good times!