Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #62
On the first of April the ST Season starts for me, so i finished installing a Oil Temperature Gauge Yesterday [wrenchin]
I soldered everything with Gold Connectors and installed the Sensor with an D1 Spec Sandwich plate for the Oil Filter.
The Cable for the Sensor goes though the Rubber of the Hood unlocking Cabel and is protected by Split Loom Tube across the Engine Bay so it looks stealhy too.
I also ordered a ATI Vent Pod today :)

I really need to look into getting a oil temp installed as well ! Really miss it.

Nice progress on your car ! Hope to run into you some day on the ring, or the RST treffen. I'm not too far from the ring either, bout 125 miles (200 Km).

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #66
Yesterday I installed new Brembo Disks and Ferodo Brake Pads on the Rear [wrenchin]
On Friday my Car was at the Dealer for the Inspection, as they wanted to change the Spark Plugs they found a bit Oil around the Plugs wich comes from an leaky Valve Cover Gasket, so they let the Plugs in.
As the Mechanic wanted to let the Engine Oil out he sees another Oil leak wich comes from an leaky Crankshaft Seal, the Oil runs over the Oilpan so it looks like the Pan Gasket where leaky, but they said the Crankshaft Seal is an known Problem :/
He finished the Rest of the Inspection and in two Weeks i let the car there for a few Days to fix the two Leaks. I have Warranty till 2019 so i dont have to pay, the new Spark Plugs will be installed after that ;)

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #67
On Monday i left the Car at the Dealer for the leaking issues. The FiST was there for 4 Days and i got it back on Thursday last Week.
They newered the Valve Cover Gasket wich is actually a Sealant. The Crankshaft Seal was okay so the leak was coming from the Oilpan Sealant wich was newered aswell.
They had made some long Testdrives and everything is Ok now :)
Everything was made on Warranty!

Edit:

Today i looked at the work my Ford Dealer did on the Oilpan [wrenchin], looks good to me [perfect10]
Did anyone know what Sealant Ford use? Do they have their own Stuff?!

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #69
This Week i startet to install a little bit of Brake cooling.
I deletet the Fog Lights and changes them to Aluminium Air Intake Trumpet with PVC Cold Air Duct.

After I did that on both sides I was thinking of how to fit the other End it in the Wheelhousing, because on the Drivers Side the Windshield washer Tank is blocking all the Space...
Yesterday i decided to delete the complete Tank to create Space.
Now the fitting was no Problem, i will thinking of how to customise the Tank to reinstall it, but this will last a few Time i think. Until then i have to spit on the Windshield to wash it haha :D
I placed the Outlet that the Air is going behind the Wheels direct to the Caliper when the Wheels are lined up straight.
Now it looks like this and I am satisfied with it :)

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #75
Got some new Tires today, a Friend in the Lotus Workshop nearby mounted them, Wheels with the new Tires are already on the Car, but didn?t made some Pictures of them cause its dark know :)

Izzy

Got some new Tires today, a Friend in the Lotus Workshop nearby mounted them, Wheels with the new Tires are already on the Car, but didn?t made some Pictures of them cause its dark know :)

What brand/model tire is that?

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #79
How are these for normal street driving and wet grip?
I dont know, sice they are mounted is had no time to make a longer Testdrive.
These are Tyres for Track use, and because my Car is not my Daily Driver its not necessary that they are great in the wet and have a long Lifetime.
But I will test that for You :)

They look super aggressive, probably a bit much for daily driving but they're really cheap and available locally so naturally I am curious.

Looking forward to your feedback, try not to have too much fun