Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #121
Where did you source those elbows from?
Are those the ABA clamps on the hoses?
Elbows are from a German Ebay Shop called Fittinx.
The Hose Clambs are normal ones, but want to upgrade them to the safer ABA ones :)

Today my new BMC Air Filter arrived.
I have to say that the Quality of these Filters from Italy are insanely good [pray]
I went with a K&N Filter a long time and since last Summer with the Mountune Green Filter from the Induction Kit, but the Quality is not that good in my Opinion.
The Filter is around 87usd here at the BMC Dealer for Germany. It was on Sale for 69usd with free Shipping and 3% Discount with Payment in advance :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that a dry, or oiled filter??

I ask because your Euro FiSTs, being MAF based, the oil CAN effect the tune if it happens to get onto the MAF sensor's in the air stream wires. [wink]

I was thinking about trying the ITG oiled foam drop-in filter myself, since the oil they use on that is MUCH 'tackier' than the standard K&N/Green/etc. oils, and would be almost impossible to get blown off of the filter and into the intake stream.

Still enjoying following your build, Doc!

Have a question though (just went through your whole thread again to see when it happened):

Why did you switch from the GGR intake with the white induction tube to the Mountune with the stock induction tube and the BMC filter?

Secondly, have you considered the Velossa Tech Big Mouth? Just seems like a sensible addition for either setup (especially the GGR to get more cold air into that setup).

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #124
Is that a dry, or oiled filter??
I now that the EU FiSTs are MAF based, thats because the Injen Intake and others from the States does not work on our Cars.
I clean the MAF sensor every Time i change or cleaning the Filter, never had any issues with oiled Filters since i have the Car for 2 1/2 Years and 76000km :)
And yes it is oiled, to the Question if the MAF Sensor gets damaged or something else, the answer from BMC is:
No, it doesn't.
However, try not to put much more oil of what is indicated in the instructions of the filter regeneration procedure. With the right amount of oil, the air sensor will be fine.

Still enjoying following your build, Doc!
Have a question though (just went through your whole thread again to see when it happened):
Why did you switch from the GGR intake with the white induction tube to the Mountune with the stock induction tube and the BMC filter?
Secondly, have you considered the Velossa Tech Big Mouth? Just seems like a sensible addition for either setup (especially the GGR to get more cold air into that setup).
Thanks TrickSTer!
I changed to the Mountune Induction because the GGR was to loud for me.
The Guy that have buyed the Induction wanted the Hose too so i selled it together.
I want to buy a Induction Hose again, but in Red or Black, the White one was getting dirty really fast...
If want a Open Induction back, i will buy the GGR again, it was very good.
The Big Mouth is very interristing for me with the Mountune Induction, but i want to make a Custom one myself in the Future :)

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #128
^^^WHAT are you replacing it with?
I am going for a Legal Exhaust System like Milltek from Britain or Remus from Austria.
The Problem is that the not ECE EG approved Exhausts like the Injen, are highly illegal here in Germany, many Friends of mine had huge Trubble because the Police makes no Jokes about the Exhausts since this Year.
And because i will move to a new Home next Year i dont want to have trubble with the Car in that Time.
I was lucky to not get caugh by the Police this with the Injen Exhaust :D so i dont want to fully exploid this in the Future xD
The ECE EG approved Exhaust Systems sounds like shit but for me the Sound difference to the Injen is in no relation to the Trubble i can get :)
The Performance will be the same with the legal Exhaust, thats what is important for me.
The HJS Downpipe wich i have installed has a ECE EG approve and was about 1050usd so i would destroy the legality with the Injen Exhaust of this expensive Part.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^SO it is solely the noise levels which the TUV/ECE EG are concerned with, or something else? [???:)]

The Injen cat-back has NO EFFECT on pollution output whatsoever, and it is strange to hear that in maximal performance crazy Germany, they are worried about a little more sound.

It seems that A LOT of people (on BOTH sides of the 'pond') LOVE that Milltek system, including it's 'sound', so hopefully you will NOT be too disappointed unless they have to add resonators/mufflers/etc. to it in order to meet that draconian, mainland Europe/Germany ECE EC standard.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #130
M-Sport fan;201920so hopefully you will NOT be too disappointed [I said:
unless[/I] they have to add resonators/mufflers/etc. to it in order to meet that draconian, mainland Europe/Germany ECE EC standard.
The ECE EG Version is fully resonated and the Sound is a bit better than Original, but not much.
A Friend of mine has the New Focus RS and its loud as fu** but if its not Original you need the approvement, doesent matter if its louder or something else.
Its not the Pollution, its the not existing Plate and Papers with the ECE EG approve :D its all fu**ed up here haha :D
There are other thing that are not legal here like:
I have deleted the Fog Lights and i have to delete the Switch for it also, because in Germany when there is the Switch in the Car for something, the Part this Switch is for must work :D haha

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Understood!

Sad, but it seems to be getting like California there, and maybe even worse than 'The Republik of Kalifornia' concerning some items. [:(]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #132
Last Week i ordered the Milltek Exhaust System with Ceramic Coated Black 80mm GT Tips.
Today i recieved my OEM Spark Plugs and gapped them to 0.026 inch.
We will see how that works.

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #135
Is there a ball type valve with a lever handle under the can which that drain hose is attached to?
Nope, the Silicone Hose adds a bit Volume to the Can, you have to remove the Plug at the End to drain it.
A Valve is a cleaner System but thats good for me how it is now, also there is not much Space for a Valve under the Can or to open it by Hand.
If i adding a Valve it must be at the End of the Hose like the Plug now :)

I had a dream about going to the track yesterday lol. So today I finally ordered new wheels. Getting the bronze prorace 1.2s in 16x7. New pads are already here and steel brake lines next. I don't think I'll ever be able to catch you on the nordschleife but I think I'll be able to keep up on the GP track with some practice [driving]