Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dr.Prutteklutt's Clubsport FiST

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #181
Do you have the dedicated Odyssey/Schumacher charger for it?

Car is connceted to the CTEK MXS 3.8 the whole time till April so the Battery is always full.
I do leave the Oil from this Season in the Car and make a Oil Change next Year befor April.
Do it like this every Year, its fine.
Thats my Post from Winter 2015-2016

Bought some Ctek Stuff today, needed a new Battery Charger and also don´t wanted to use the Clamps everytime so i bought the Ctek MXS 3.8 and the Comfort Indicator Panel.
I was looking for a good Place on the right Side so the Cables can be short and more stealthy looking.
Masured a bit on different Places and finally the best Place was the ECU Cover. [^]
So i take it of and made a Hole for the Panel with my Dremel. [wrenchin]
Its a tight fit behin the Cover so it must be exacly on this Place.
I am pretty happy with the Result [like]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #185
^^^OMP? [dunno]

Was there any option for a harness bar?
Its a Wiechers Clubsport Cage.

http://www.wiechers-sport.de/shop/ueberrollbuegel-kaefige/produkte/ford-fiesta-st-mk7-typ-ja8-ab-bj-2013-clubsport-detail

Its Custom Made so You can choose different Stuff like a Harness Bar or other Material but dont need that.
Mine is the Cage for 2 Door, without Rear Seats, no Sunroof.
I got the Options: removable Cross with Bracing Plate, removable H-Strud and the Red Colour.
You have to wait 3 Month at the Moment. And You got Papers for the German TÜV, so it can be proof and than its Leagl here, will do that in April.
Base Price for the Clubsport is 1016usd and Mine is 1472usd.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
THANKS! [thumb]

I am not too sure that this setup would be technically street legal in any state here, let alone be FMVSS compliant/legal, despite it being so according to your (supposedly given) MUCH tougher TUV standards. [:(]

Interesting times ahead! How painful is it to drill holes in the car to fit the cage? [emoji16]

Wondering how you will like the KW V3! Will you be lowering the car a lot or keep it around stock height?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interesting times ahead! How painful is it to drill holes in the car to fit the cage? [emoji16]
Why I would probably properly WELD in something like this, if I were ever to do it, as it is easier to grind off weld beads/slag (on BOTH sides of the unibody) than it is to fill in bolt holes (and no stress riser concerns either).
Also, IF it ever does actually come into play in a rollover, the welds are less likely to shear than the bolts. [wink]

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #191

Wondering how you will like the KW V3! Will you be lowering the car a lot or keep it around stock height?
The Cage is Bolt in, I dont want to drill Holes or weld something.
Wiechers Clubsport Cages are allways bolt ons, thats why they are expensiver than others and thats why these have the Adaper Plates under the Front Seats.
You use Original Bolts and Threads, the two in the Back of the Seats Rails for the Adapter Plates and for the Back of the Cage where the safety Belts are bolted in the Cassis.
You Guys can see that on the Pictures [dictate] [rolleyes]

I will lowering the Car, but as much as its okay for the Nordschleife, that Track is really Bumpy, it will be adjusted by a Professional next Year when its installed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OK, now those plates under/behind the front seats make sense, and being TUV approved, at least you know it will not do MORE harm in an 'incident' than not having a rollbar setup at all, [thumb]

Are the Schroth Profi 3 FE ASMs (or whatever one is supposedly street legal) central push button release 5/6 point harnesses TUV approved street legal there?

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #193
Are the Schroth Profi 3 FE ASMs (or whatever one is supposedly street legal) central push button release 5/6 point harnesses TUV approved street legal there?
Its hard to get the approve for aftermarket Harnesses. You will need Seats with Holes for the Harnesses like Recaro Pole Position and so on, they are not joking around when its get to Safety Things like this.
You will have to delete the Original Harnesses and so on.
I deleted my Harnesses for the Backseats as well, and i need to get the 2 Seats in the Back out of the Papers also when they are gone like i did, because its a two Seater now.
Its crazy, i mailed Wiechers today for getting my Cage approved in the Papers. I think i will drive to them to get this done.
Than i need to get the Old Suspension out of the Papers and the KW V3 in and checked from a TÜV Guy when i have installed it.
You need to have the Paper of the Aligment from the Suspension also from a Shop or Ford Dealer wich did the Settings, if not the TÜV will send you Home. And if you have the Papers and the Guy dont like your installed Parts your driving Home also, but have to pay anyhow haha.
And every Time a Part you need to get approved from the TÜV you must pay a lot of Money, than You get the Papers and you have to got to the Bureau of Vehicles to get the Text of the Papers in to the registration Papers of Your Car, and of course here you have to pay also.
My ST Suspension STX was 150€ at the TÜV and 15€ at the Bureau.
The Mountune Intercooler and Intake was 150€ and 15€ at the Bureau also, and it goes on and on with the other Parts like Wheels and Tires...
So You can imagine what it cost to Tune Your Car legal here, my HJS Downpipe with approve is 1000€ alone cause there is the Plate with the approve on it haha, same Downpipe without that Plate on it is around 500€, it does the same and the Emissions are the same but there is no approve haha[facepalm]
When the Police stops you with a Downpipe that is not approved they will take the car anyway, happens with a not approved Exhaust or other Parts like Wheels, Tires ans so on also.
And with a not approved Downpipe you can pay the Taxes of Your Car back since it was new and you get a Police Charge for environmental pollution for that, and that will cost You a lot of Money or if its going bad a few Days in Jail...
Lets talk about something else, its a bad Theme ;(

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YIKES!! [crazyeye]

They DO NOT fool around, do they?!?! [ohcrap]

I could see WHY enthusiasts there, especially if they are filthy rich wealthy, just buy a car already prepped, certified, and approved right from a dealer, or tuner, at ANY cost! ;)

OP
Dr.Prutteklutt
Thread Starter #200
excuse my ignorance but what would the point of adjustable end links be? preload?
If your going low with the Suspension the Swaybar will always be bent and can hit other Suspesnion Parts when its bumpy, because your original Links are perfect for Stock Suspension high, now i can adjust that.
It drives better, many in the Germany did that to the Fiesta ST and other Cars after lowering it.