Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

rexdriver85

Did you guys get an alignment after you installed the springs? And if so how did you have them set it?

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Did you guys get an alignment after you installed the springs? And if so how did you have them set it?
I haven't gotten an alignment yet. Wanted to let them settle first.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thanks. Keep your us posted with your impressions. I was sold on Mountunes but I really wanted a linear spring rate which is what these have. I plan to install these with Koni STR (nonadjustable) so as to 'set em and forget em'. I've had coilovers and adj dampers before and rarely ever twiddled with them. I'd rather focus on the driving than be faced with too many variables and dialing in of the suspension.
ever get these installed on to your konis?

apex

I'm still on stock suspension as I ended getting Maxxim Winners as RAAM recommended. Paired with Federal 595 RSRs the handling and ride improved significantly and also perceptibly lighter on its feet.

Waterfan

I love that they're linear. But hate that they're supposed to be a full 1" drop. Not sure how my rears would clear since I have 205/45-17.
I heard that. I think the stock height is perfect for a DD already. I'd love to have damper matched linear springs at stock height, honestly. Crashing up and down driveways and over speed bumps/dips without a worry in the world is where I'm at these days.

C. love

I'm still on stock suspension as I ended getting Maxxim Winners as RAAM recommended. Paired with Federal 595 RSRs the handling and ride improved significantly and also perceptibly lighter on its feet.
Have you had a chance to flog the RS-R's? If so how do you like them? I had them once and track temps were super high that day (140 F) the RS-R's got greasy super fast, i ran them back to back with Star specs and AD-07's (since replaced by the 8's) and they held up fine. However that was back in 09 so maybe things have gotten better?

For their price they are hard to beat

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
how are these compared to the others(Mountune/E/Cobb) ? Any opinions since it's been a while....
Linear rate versus progressive mystery rates. You don't have to load up the springs in a turn (and incurring body roll) for the spring rate to increase beyond the stock level. You have crisper turn-in and more predictable transient inputs.