Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R Springs Installed

LILIKE16ST

Lowering the center of gravity does help with handling plus these Springs are also about 25% stiffer than stock so that means less body roll and more control and they are linear rate which makes it more predictable unlike Progressive rate Springs so these are a great upgrade all the way around for around three hundred bucks in my opinion

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Even my Eibach pros with oem shocks helped in this regard although they were progressive and sit slightly higher than the Swifts they still seemed to help performance significantly over stock springs without the sharpness or bounce of oem.

I expect the Swifts to be better though. They are on my bucket list...I just wish the roads here weren't so terrible. Rains are supposed to be coming up meaning new potholes are bound to rear their ugly heads.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would still like to actually drive your SoCal roads to see just how horrid they are, as compared to our rust belt, northeastern, 'frost heave gymkhana' bombed-out crater-fests. ;)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
^^^I would still like to actually drive your SoCal roads to see just how horrid they are, as compared to our rust belt, northeastern, 'frost heave gymkhana' bombed-out crater-fests. ;)
I can't compare them to your area as I've never driven there. And keep in mind we are talking primarily about the LA area. But I have driven through every southern state, nevada, the northwest, and most of the states just above them...through every major city along the way and even on the city roads of the impoverished areas.

I'm actually planning to go through the south again to probably GA this year and one of the things I look forward to (besides the much cheaper gas and 93 octane) is the roads.

You might need to live here to know. Travel the roads we use during rush hour.

Inner city LA has some of the worst roads in this country and the worst thing about it is it's not just in the "poor" areas. Notice how nearly everyone from here say this. Don't get me wrong, there are nice roads here also (off the beaten path) and most of the canyons for the weekend warriors are just fine...but those aren't the roads we travel every day to get to work, to go to the store, to pick up kids from school, etc.

California is not a paradise man. We have our caveats as well. But I'll take them anyday over having to deal with the weather in most other states. Just we, as a state, take in so much money that I don't see why they can't fix these roads. I travel through Kansas, Arkansas, Alabama, and these states (and more) can afford to keep their roads smooth as silk, in comparison...even in the metropolitan areas. But we have to dodge potholes and bumps (not speed bumps) anomalies in the road. All day. Every day. It's sad. These politicians have cars too...they must have chauffeurs or something...goodness gracious fix the roads man!

I apologize for that rant. Can't wait for this next road trip.

Anyone running stock dampers + Spec R springs and 17x8 40 offset wheels? I don't want any rubbing. I'll be running 205's and 215's that run more like a 225.
Also curious where the rub is exactly when running a taller tire like a 205/45-17 or 215/45-17. Just up front? Near the outer edge of the tire where more negative camber would help?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Also curious where the rub is exactly when running a taller tire like a 205/45-17 or 215/45-17. Just up front? Near the outer edge of the tire where more negative camber would help?
That probably varies on each car based on other factors, such as wheel width, specifics in the suspension, camber, offset, weight and placement of the weight (front:rear ratio), etc.

i ran 215 45 17s for autox for 4 events, they rubbed like crazy and took chunks out og my wheelwells

Just ordered Swift Spec R's from Whoosh (Ron). Been a great experience thus far with great communication and awesome service. Not to mention a forum discount!

Looks like they'll be on the way later today. Hoping to get the problematic Mountune springs off (separate thread) and get the Swifts on this weekend if they're in!

Well I was able to get the Swift Spec-R springs installed this weekend and am very happy with the results, especially given that my last go around with a spring install resulted in the car not sitting any lower (see other Mountune thread). Right off the bat with a quick test drive the drop was just over an inch in the front, and right at an inch in the rear. I’d expect the front to settle maybe just a tad more.

I would say the ride is slightly firmer than stock, but not in a rough or bouncy way. More of a controlled firmness. For reference I am on stock shocks and 17x7.5 Rota Titans using the factory Bridgestone summer tires. It’s also neat seeing the difference in handling of these compared to the progressive rate Mountune springs. The Swifts seem much more predictable and consistent in feel. Probably wouldn’t do progressive springs again in a car meant for handling…

anticon

I got my Swift Spec-R's and Bilstein B8's installed last weekend. I spent most of the day working on it, probably close to 8 hours total. (I also cleaned and sealed the wheels and calipers.) I was able to do it myself, I'm not sure a second person would have helped much, unless they were working in parallel. I bought them used so they should be broken in a little already. I also installed SPC camber bolts on the upper front strut bolt and set the camber to the most negative camber I could get.

My first impression is they really make a big difference in the "control". It felt like everything rides smoother, and there is less roll and compression feeling in the corners. I think the combination of the stiffer springs, with the upgraded shocks, the lighter wheels, and larger sidewall on the tires is a great combo. It just looks better now too, lower and less wheel gap.

Before and After Pic:

I took it for a quick 10 mile test drive after the install and it probably settled a quarter of an inch.

I think the last suspension upgrade is probably going to be a 2 or 4 point front brace.

Looks great man. Glad you're digging the handling and ride just as I am. I'm sure the shocks make it that much more controlled feeling too.

LILIKE16ST

I got my Swift Spec-R's and Bilstein B8's installed last weekend. I spent most of the day working on it, probably close to 8 hours total. (I also cleaned and sealed the wheels and calipers.) I was able to do it myself, I'm not sure a second person would have helped much, unless they were working in parallel. I bought them used so they should be broken in a little already. I also installed SPC camber bolts on the upper front strut bolt and set the camber to the most negative camber I could get.

My first impression is they really make a big difference in the "control". It felt like everything rides smoother, and there is less roll and compression feeling in the corners. I think the combination of the stiffer springs, with the upgraded shocks, the lighter wheels, and larger sidewall on the tires is a great combo. It just looks better now too, lower and less wheel gap.

Before and After Pic:

I took it for a quick 10 mile test drive after the install and it probably settled a quarter of an inch.

I think the last suspension upgrade is probably going to be a 2 or 4 point front brace.
That looks pretty awesome very good setup you got there when my factory dampers we're out I'm going with the b8 also. I love your wheels too but I might be just a little bit biased LOL

neeqness

1000 Post Club
It felt like everything rides smoother, and there is less roll and compression feeling in the corners. I think the combination of the stiffer springs, with the upgraded shocks, the lighter wheels, and larger sidewall on the tires is a great combo.
Just curious. What size tires are you using here and what pressure did you have the air set to?

anticon

Just curious. What size tires are you using here and what pressure did you have the air set to?

I'm using Nitto Neo Gen 205/50/15 on the TD 1.2 15x8 wheels, they were aired up to the recommended pressures on the inside of the door when they were first installed back in February or so. I don't know what they are at now.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'm using Nitto Neo Gen 205/50/15 on the TD 1.2 15x8 wheels, they were aired up to the recommended pressures on the inside of the door when they were first installed back in February or so. I don't know what they are at now.
Thanks for the feedback! How would you rate the noise levels on the Nittos? I'm currently shopping for new tires...