Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CFM Performance Valve Cover Breather

Trader history for Chris@CFM (0)

CFM Performance now makes it easy to vent the crankcase on your 2013+ Focus ST & Fiesta ST with our billet valve cover baffled breather kit. This kit is a direct replacement for your factory oil fill cap and allows unwanted crankcase pressure to exit.

This breather is the ONLY one in the market which incorporates a check ball to keep unmetered air from coming through while the crankcase is under vacuum. In other words, this breather acts just like a factory oil cap under normal driving conditions and when you get into boost it will release any crankcase pressure present. Along with the check ball we have integrated a baffle system in the breather's base. This isn't your old fashion conventional breather!

The factory PCV system as you know is quite a small port to vent the crankcase when compared to the oil fill port. The CFM valve cover breather along with a dirty side PCV Oil separator will work amazingly to vent your crankcase and stop contaminated oil particles from entering the intake system. We HIGHLY recommend the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can for the Fiesta ST, available at CFM Performance.

The filter element is washable and we offer a variety of color options for the top. Although this kit was designed for use in racing applications, it works and looks great in any engine compartment.

Head over to our site to pick up your CFM Performance Valve Cover Breather

[video=youtube;UvFbmfKPV20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFbmfKPV20[/video]

11163978_10153391645612959_3580567827059791681_n.jpg
10845836_10153104432287959_8815939016791772545_o.jpg
breathers.jpg

Does this cause any oil fumes/smell to seep into the cabin when the air conditioning is running?

Etyrnus

You don't get fumes in the cabin, but you will have some outside the car. I mainly notice it after pulling into my garage.

Ok, that's fine. I already have my catless so I am sure I won't notice much.

So in addition to a catch can, will this help keep carbon build up from getting back into the intake?
This opens essentially at the opposite time as your PCV valve. So, if you have a catch can on the PCV, it will open when the IM is under vacuum and there's a pressure difference between the IM and the CC. When you're under boost, the IM is pressurized, closing the PCV valve. The issue is that the CC is also getting more blow by under boost and the only outlet is the CCV side. This breather basically adds another outlet. It will open when the CC is under pressure.

I'm not sure anyone can say definitively that this will keep the IM clean (or cleaner), but it will help to keep the CC under less pressure.

Have this in the cart ready to go but one question is something so simple as this going to change my protune up? I don't think it would but I guess it doesn't hurt to quick ask.

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #8
Have this in the cart ready to go but one question is something so simple as this going to change my protune up? I don't think it would but I guess it doesn't hurt to quick ask.
It will not. it's just a very simple, yet effective way of venting your crankcase pressure without allowing air back in under vacuum.

If you have any questions, let me know!

jayrod1980

Cannot wait to get one of these! Wonder if it will fit my wife's flex ecoboost? You guys make these for SHOs? Her car is filthy with blow by.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I may order one of these but just want to make sure before I order, it will fit 2016 models correct? The site specifies 14-15 models.

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #11
Cannot wait to get one of these! Wonder if it will fit my wife's flex ecoboost? You guys make these for SHOs? Her car is filthy with blow by.
Yes sir we do, visit www.valvecoverbreathers.com and check out the Ford section.

I may order one of these but just want to make sure before I order, it will fit 2016 models correct? The site specifies 14-15 models.
Yes sir it does!

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #13
updated the first post with more information. If you have any questions feel free to let me know!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
How often would you say the filter needs to be cleaned? Has anyone here run one of these for thousands of miles yet?

I just ordered one in the wrinkle black finish. Can't wait to put it in.

-Matt

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #15
How often would you say the filter needs to be cleaned? Has anyone here run one of these for thousands of miles yet?

-Matt
Our daily driven Focus ST has had this breather on it for over a year and it looks fine. But with that being said it all depends on many variables. Just monitor the element over time, and as the color fades oil as you would like. Perhaps clean/oil the filter with every oil change if need be?

The breather will still function fine the oiled element is more for looks than anything else.

Thanks for the order!
Chris

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Has this affected how the car runs at all? Affected idle, check engine light codes, etc?

Another question, since this alleviates crankcase pressure, have you noticed a drop in oil pressure at all?

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #17
Has this affected how the car runs at all? Affected idle, check engine light codes, etc?
It has not. We've tested/sold this breather to MANY other applications and not one has reported such issues. The breather is quite simple in design yet very effective. Under normal driving conditions, the breather remains sealed via the check ball. Only under boost will the positive pressure allow the valve to open, thus releasing said pressure. Under any other condition, its like you have your oil cap on there.

Another question, since this alleviates crankcase pressure, have you noticed a drop in oil pressure at all?
Venting the crankcase has no effect on oil pressure as pressure is determined by tolerances on the engine's bearings, oil temp, oil viscosity and engine rpm. Crankcase pressure is a product of piston ring blowby.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. Can't wait to get mine.

The goal is to prevent as many oil related/pcv buildup issues as possible with this DI engine.

OP
Chris@CFM
Thread Starter #19
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. Can't wait to get mine.

The goal is to prevent as many oil related/pcv buildup issues as possible with this DI engine.
You've already taken a right step by installing the Mishimoto PCV side catch can. The breather will evacuate any positive pressure under boost, which at that point the pcv valve will be closed and not venting the crankcase.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

-Matt
Had mine all winter which is about 10k miles. Lots of sand and grime under the hood. The filter needed a quick shoot with the compressor and it was clean. Main reason I got it was to releive pressure should the OCC freeze. Unlikely if you drain it enough. Great product. You may notice a little crank case smell after a hard drive. Very normal.