Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Remember when the Red Sox won in '04...they called themselves "The Idiots"....so umm whatever...don't assume please get some thicker skin...my god..I actually was enjoying the funny banter
Holy cow they traded bill Buchner ??

Perry

Poor Billy Buckner--no one should have to live with that memory. Painful to remember, even for a non-Sox fan.

Perry

QUick question, Does all these upgrades void the warranty?
I'll happily let others correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the answer depends upon how and to what the warranty is being applied. To take an obvious example, installation of a COBB V3 would, I believe, have no effect at all on warranty if one's warranty claim concerns, say, seatbelts not fastening properly. However, if the warranty claim has to do with engine performance or drivetrain wear or some such that could be affected by the mod, then yes, the warranty may be void, at least with regard to that aspect of the vehicle and its performance. One (probable) upcoming exception to this might be the mountune MP 215 package, which when installed by a Ford dealer in the UK on a UK vehicle does not void the warranty, and word is that when this package hits the states, Ford will maintain full warranty on the vehicle when this is installed, as long as installation is done by a certified Ford dealer.

That all said, I'm willing to learn from others how many ways I got things wrong here.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
QUick question, Does all these upgrades void the warranty?
That's going to vary dealer to dealer. But the short answer is yes. 90% of the time they will try and void your warranty. They do have to prove that the part you installed caused the failure of whatever your in there for.

So if you put an intake on, and your front right wheel falls off, obviously the intake didn't cause that and they will fix it.

rollTRIde

Got it, I am new to the car upgrade world. What are some recommendations for products and upgrades for the Fiesta?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
A COBB AP is a neat outfit if only used alone (without other mods) as it make the car more fun to drive and the device itself lends itself to being used as a data logger (for seeing what the car is doing while you drive) and gauge cluster plus afew other things like CEL reader and clearing.. and anything else i have not thought of the others can add. As for Voiding the warranty it depends on the dealer and the cars problem..

Let Us know if we can help with the tracking in time and the wait :)
Thanks Rodmoe...and by the way the 04' Red Sox's called themselves Idiots because they we're fun loving dingbats
and they knew it....so I hope this makes sense of my comment....carry on Idiots...come on now!!!! and if you're not an idiot what are you?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
As long as we keep talking we be fine :) "I dee ten T" IDIOT funny we have them at work but they not so fun or loving ?? LOL Its all good :)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
You guys mind if I do some moderator cleaning up to this thread? [:I]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #217
I added a detailed picture of the valve cover breather to the FSWERKs post on page 4.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I added a detailed picture of the valve cover breather to the FSWERKs post on page 4.
Hey James,

Would you mind starting a new thread and list the parts you used for the breather? Thinking about doing this too.[biggrin]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
Hey James,

Would you mind starting a new thread and list the parts you used for the breather? Thinking about doing this too.[biggrin]
Certainly.. ask and you shall receive... coming right up! [like]