Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Ouch:(
It happened to my best friend back in 1976, 100MPH, right into on on coming Mac in an Opal GT.

Back to the main story, yes, car mods are probably as addictive as any drug could be!

DaveG99

Ordered this on Friday....

Guess it's better late than never right? [thumb]

Adam at Tune+ will be doing the install and tune when it gets here. [clap]
You should come to one of the North Texas ST meets. Would love to see your car. We meet up every tuesday evening in plano at erbert and gerbert.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #326
You should come to one of the North Texas ST meets. Would love to see your car. We meet up every tuesday evening in plano at erbert and gerbert.
Thanks Dave. I'm usually tied up on Tuesday evenings (chiropractor appointment at 5:15pm).

What time does it start?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #331
I also just bought some carbon fiber eyelids from China <laughs> and some carbon hood vents. I am also going to have the rear spoiler/wing painted flat black, with some silver anodized risers.... and adding some black wheels (not sure which wheels yet). My car just looks too plain jane. [wink]

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #333
The lack of wheel choices for these cars is still as pathetic as ever....

I wouldn't mind a set of 17 x 7.5 O.Z. Ultraleggeras.... but they are only available in 17 x 7. Too bad, so sad... lol. I run a 215/40-17 tire and don't like the bubble tire look. I much prefer a slightly stretched sidewall.

So, I think I'm going to try a set of XXR 527s in 17 x 8.25 (see my post in the wheel section on this subject) or settle for a set of 527s in 17 x 7.5 +40 either in flat black, which I know will work, but doesn't have quite the concave look. I'm tired of the wheels I have now.

I don't mind doing some supporting mods to make the wider wheel work, I'm just wondering what needs to be done.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One of those two size 527s you mentioned above would be on my car as we speak IF it did not have that double bolt pattern. [:(]

They took one of the BEST looking wheels on the market, and DESTROYED it's beauty with that damned double drilling crap [mad], and yeah I know; "better resale when you want to dump them since twice as many can use them" etc., yada, yada, but I do not buy wheels (or cars for that matter) for their resale value/popularity.

At this point, if I had beaucoup buck$ laying around for rolling stock for this car, I would have CCW make me up a custom set of forged C10s in 16x8 in satin black. ;)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #335
Yeah, I don't like that either but.... it's a compromise I'm willing to live with. This will be my 3rd set of wheels for this car. It appears that I am going to be forced to use the 17 x 7.5s since the 17 x 8.25s don't come in the 4 x 108s HERE IN THE STATES. I don't care about rolling fenders, would do it in a heartbeat to have that "look". lol.

How much would a set of CCW C10's cost? Those look pretty good but don't really have a concave face. After putting Brixton Forged M53s on my Z06, I'm really after a certain look on my Fiesta ST. The 17 x 8.25 4x108 would be perfect, if only I could find some. I could order from the U.K. I guess but shipping is going to be a mess LOL

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
You could try Performance Alloys, https://www.performancealloys.com/index.aspx. Freight from the UK would probably be around $200 for 4 wheels.
Thanks Sekred. I ended up buying a set of XXR 527s (17x7.5) in flat black and also a set of Rota Titan 17x8s in hyper black. Most likely I will end up using the Rota's because they will have more of a concave look. I will probably put the XXRs up for sale OR use them for track events.

I'm really looking for this "look"

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #338
17x8 ROTA Titan hyper black wheelset

Ordered a set of 17x8 40+ ROTA Titan Hyper Black wheels as well.

I think I am really going to like them.

However, I'm not fully convinced that I can run 215/40-17 tires without some rubbing issues.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #340
Get out the welder, you're going to have to lose a couple of doors! lol!

Those Titans are sweet! (too many holes, though!)
Holes? Oh you mean my picture. Yes that is a pic of a 5x114 wheel. Mine will be 4x108. heh. They are delayed on shipping because of SEMA. I may order another set and have them shipped tomorrow and just sell the other set here for a very nice pricebreak. The XXR 527s (17x7.5s) came in today. I need to go find some tuner lugnuts for them