Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #421
My Velossa Tech diffusers arrived today in the mail. Finalized my 93 octane tune with Adam today and started E30 map revisions. Going to install diffusers, DMB lower side graphics and H11 Sylvania Silverstar ZXE's in the fog light housings tomorrow. For some reason my coil-overs didn't make it today despite tracking saying they were on the truck and out for delivery.

Thursday I am having my roof wrapped black.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #422
not sure what he did, but he never mentioned any issues and was able to use the same splitter...
Weird. Mine would not line up at all. I looked at it when it was on the lift. Moving the splitter forward and aft made no difference, the part of the splitter on each side that is raised kept hitting the front bumper. Maybe it's that mine is an early 2014 (built in August 2013). I'll look at it again in the morning. I'd really like to use it. Thanks for the pictures for reference. [:o]

koozy

3000 Post Club
may be he modded it. I modded mine to fit right by cutting the "ears" off mine, which don't appear to be on the newer ones. maybe you can figure out a way to shave the humps and use fasteners without loosing integrety of the splitter.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #424
may be he modded it. I modded mine to fit right by cutting the "ears" off mine, which don't appear to be on the newer ones. maybe you can figure out a way to shave the humps and use fasteners without loosing integrety of the splitter.

Yeah, my splitter doesn't have those. I might jack with it today and see if I can modify it to work.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #425
Diffusers are on.... I messed up the far right one a bit, but 98% of people won't notice it. I should have moved it outside about 1/4 inch more. I may have to see if I can get another one made and redo that one since I'm a perfectionist...

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #426
I love how the diffusers are the same color as the splitters, side skirts and mirrors.... black roof is next.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I love how the diffusers are the same color as the splitters, side skirts and mirrors.... black roof is next.
I don't like the black roof wraps because they look like those stupid tinted glass roofs/full length glass sunroofs I loathe.
Personally, I think it looks phenomenal as it sits, without the wrapped roof.

Those diffusers would last maybe a day or two on my car in this area.
Now if someone came up with a REAL full diffuser valance replacement, that I would consider in the future. ;)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #429
I don't like the black roof wraps because they look like those stupid tinted glass roofs/full length glass sunroofs I loathe.
Personally, I think it looks phenomenal as it sits, without the wrapped roof.

Those diffusers would last maybe a day or two on my car in this area.
Now if someone came up with a REAL full diffuser valance replacement, that I would consider in the future. ;)
Yes, that is why I am going with satin black and not gloss black. I was going to do matte black but the guy who is doing it talked me out of it. The great thing about it is if I don't like it... I can have it reversed easily. I am also on the fence about adding the DMB side graphics. I don't really want to rice out my car too much. Thanks for the compliments on my car. I am REALLY enjoying it.

Why would the diffusers not work where you are? I've seen posts of people taking their car up to 140+ mph with them no problems. The way they lock in on the front of the valance makes them VERY solid.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #430
Oh I am definitely getting me one of these NEXT. [raceflag]

One of my BIGGEST gripes about my FiST is the way the steering wheel fits in my hands. It is waaaaay too skinny.

I'm all over this like flies on a turd sprinkled with honey... oh yeah... [rofl]

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #431
What's next after the steering wheel, coil-overs and roof wrap? Just some subtle tweaks. I think I am finally at a point with this car that I can really enjoy it. This will be hard to believe but, the ST is almost just as fun to drive as my 725hp Corvette Z06. I mean let's face it, it's NEVER going to be nearly as fast in a straight line and probably will never pull 1.25g's on a skid-pad... but it now turns nearly as many heads, and can "kill" cars costing two to three times as much. It's the deer in headlights look I get when I stomp on the gas.

As ridiculous as this might sound, I now find myself struggling to choose which car to take out. Lately my $100,000 Corvette just sits in the garage. [screwy]

Some of the before mentioned subtle tweaks might be tinting the top part of my windshield, finding some slightly larger diameter dual tips for my Cobb exhaust system and pulling some weight from the car using a Braille battery and pulling the larger section of back seat out (or whichever side will offset driver weight some. I also have H11 Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs for my driving lights. I am still mulling over wing risers too and the DMB graphics (pictured below for reference, mine does not have the Mountune in it though). At least the wrap and graphics are easily reversible if I hate them....lol

Attachments

DaveG99

So the x47 is a very noticeable difference huh? Id really like to feel what its like. Hopefully I'll see you around town one of these days and I can get a ride in it. I plan on getting the x47 at some point in 2018.

And hopefully you can make one of our ST cruises that I organize. The next one is at the beginning of april.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #433
So the x47 is a very noticeable difference huh? Id really like to feel what its like. Hopefully I'll see you around town one of these days and I can get a ride in it. I plan on getting the x47 at some point in 2018.
OH LORDY! "Very noticeable" are not the right words. Compared to the stock turbo, there is around 100 horsepower difference at redline. Yeah... LOL

I will try to make it out to one of your meets, or perhaps maybe I can come out to Renegade this coming Friday and take you for a ride. Maybe by then we will be all done with tune revisions. Once you feel the power delivery of this turbo, you gonna be jonesing for one for your car. It is quite impressive. I took my wife for a ride in it. Her words were... "It feels so out of control!" It terrifies her because it's such a small car. She thinks the Z06 is much more "planted" lol

I used to own a 2004 C5 Z06 and when it was stock it had a 405hp rating. 3,300 pound car, 8.14 pounds per horsepower. My Fiesta at stock weight with the power I am making is 8.18 pounds per horsepower, maybe higher since I've removed around 70-75 pounds from the car. That's something you can feel when driving it!

jeff

2000 Post Club

One of my BIGGEST gripes about my FiST is the way the steering wheel fits in my hands. It is waaaaay too skinny.

I'm all over this like flies on a turd sprinkled with honey... oh yeah... [rofl]
Good sir, where did you find the steering wheel? I’ve felt the same way about mine since the beginning and I’m considering upgrading at some point. Could you give me a link for the one pictured?

Good sir, where did you find the steering wheel? I’ve felt the same way about mine since the beginning and I’m considering upgrading at some point. Could you give me a link for the one pictured?
I think its SS-Tuning from Ukraine but could be wrong.

cxwrench

Ok, that steering wheel is siiiiiiick. I must have one. Will check in tomorrow for (hopefully) an update!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

That's pretty insane, but I would want the WHOLE rim to be suede/alcantara, even though I understand why they did not do the grip parts in that material (matting down, having to wear suede gloves all of the time, wearing out, etc.).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Why would the diffusers not work where you are? I've seen posts of people taking their car up to 140+ mph with them no problems. The way they lock in on the front of the valance makes them VERY solid.
Because I would probably tear them off backing up to a parking stone/curb.
Also, no matter HOW strong a 3M tape VT uses, the temp swings here would render it ineffective after a few season changes.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #440
Because I would probably tear them off backing up to a parking stone/curb.
Also, no matter HOW strong a 3M tape VT uses, the temp swings here would render it ineffective after a few season changes.
Hahaha. I live in Texas bud. It can be 13F here in the winter and 110F in the summer. I'm stupid careful about curbs and stuff. I'm usually a foot or more cuz, I've accidentally ripped the front end of my car off in my C5 Vette. I rarely back in to park and usually park way far away from anyone else because door dings are a PITA.