Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Well, I figured I'd condense a lot of my modification projects for the FiST here.

I started out with this:

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
My first modification was an in box K&N air filter. Nice little gain in throttle response and a bit more intake noise. Worth the fifty bucks? Yes. [:o]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Subscribed to begin drooling phase[woot]
LOL. Oh it's really going to come together next week! Scorpion exhaust, FSWERKs intake, 3D carbon front lip, updated Mountune short shift kit, Levels intercooler and possibly a BC coil-over kit. [lovest]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Oh it's really going to come together next week! Scorpion exhaust, FSWERKs intake, 3D carbon front lip, updated Mountune short shift kit, Levels intercooler and possibly a BC coil-over kit. [lovest]
Considered me subscribed as well. Will you be updating your tune with these new upgrades?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Next modification which I highly recommend is switching out the H11 low beam bulbs. I went with Sylvania Ultra ZXE H11s. Installation is a breeze. Removing the headlight assemblies takes just a minute or two. Pull the old bulbs out, replace with new ones, snap the headlight assemblies back in and waa laaa... much better, slightly cooler (i.e. whiter) lighting. I can actually see road detail much better without having to use my brights. I will replace the flog lamp bulbs with the same H11 Ultra ZXE bulbs as well the high beam probably next week. (pictures of light pattern coming soon)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Considered me subscribed as well. Will you be updating your tune with these new upgrades?
It will probably run just fine with the stage 1 mapping. I will be data logging everything just to make sure. Once Cobb releases the "Race Access" software, I'll start tinkering with the base OTS 91 octane, stage 1 map (the only one that seems to work for me at the moment). I did this with my 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 and came out with an outstanding custom tune for "my" car. Since this is a speed density application and not a mass air-flow car, it will be less sensitive to bolt-ons. I think a re-map will probably be necessary with a high flow cat/de catted down pipe which would send this build into Stage 2 territory.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
This week I replaced the OEM wheels and tires in favor of some wheels/tires I found on Tire Rack. This decision took me two months to finalize as I am VERY picky about wheels and had established some guidelines.

1. New wheels must be lighter than stock
2. New wheels must be 17 inch
3. New wheels must be wider than stock (so that wider tires can be used without bubble sidewalls)
4. New wheels would either be dark anthracite or black

I considered Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 17x7.5 or even 17x8 but they were simply too "inaccessible" to me (with wait times up to 3 months to get a set). I do like how they look.

I really like the O.Z. Ultraleggera, especially in black. They are ridiculously light but they only come in 17x7 in bright silver or black. They are a bit "costly" too. If they were available in 17x7.5 (and black) they would be on my car today (price would not matter). Yes I love them that much! I had 18x7 Ultraleggeras on my Focus SVT and they were da bomb.

I looked at Motegi MR125s, silver or black in 17x7.5. Lighter than stock. I ended up just not liking them based on Google pictures. Perhaps if they were 7 spoke instead of 6 I would have given them a closer look.

I also looked at Axis Xplode in anthracite which came in 17x7.5 size and are on clearance for $99.00 each. This wheel is a Konig Deception knock off. I had black Deceptions on my MS3 and loved them. I didn't pick these because I was looking for a different look. Someone needs to get them though because they look fantastic. The black Axis Xplode would look really good on a PB FiST. The spokes have a blue cut out on each side of the spoke which matches the PB perfectly. The anthracite wheel has brushed metal cut outs.

I ended up with Sport Tuning T9s which are not only lighter and wider than the stock wheels, they are only $106.00 each. I love them. Nice 40+ offset, 17x7.5 size. (pictures are below).

Tires: Mandatory tire size: 215/40-17 for functionality and looks. I like a slightly stretched sidewall "look". I searched for Bidgestone Potenza RE-11s in 215/40-17. No luck. I looked at Yokahama S-04 Pole Position. Meh. Then I found Dunlop Direzza D2s. Love the minimalistic tread pattern. Lots of excellent reviews. And they were available from Tire Rack in 215/40-17. Perfect combination.

These tires handle superbly, with turn in feel and response being much improved and excellent, nearly perfect steering feedback. MUCH less dartiness at speed (at highway speeds) and less torque steer in lower gear acceleration.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Oh shucks, I got a bit a head of myself! Doh! I received a Cobb Tuning Access Port from my wife as a Christmas present. Despite UPS dropping the ball on overnight shipping, I finally got it the day after Christmas, installed the 91 octane, stage 1 map and went for a drive. Very impressive. Nice 7000 rpm redline, better throttle response, more torque, no falling on it's face between shifts. This is how the car should have come from Ford, IMHO. Despite trying the 93 octane map a few times, it seems to have lost a step so the 91 octane map is the one for me... for now. [confuse] Once Cobb releases their "Race Acess" software for the Fiesta ST I will start tweaking the map I am using.

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You just got me motivated to install my intake this weekend lol. Looking forward to this build. I'm very curious to see how well the ST responds to these bolt ons. Dyno day in March lol?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
You just got me motivated to install my intake this weekend lol. Looking forward to this build. I'm very curious to see how well the ST responds to these bolt ons. Dyno day in March lol?
[burnout] Sounds good to me. There is a Cobb Tuning facility in Plano! Not sure if they have a dyno. There's also John @ 21st Century Muscle Cars (who built my Lingenfelter Z06). They are located in Carrollton, Texas (unless they have moved since 2005).

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Which intake did you go with?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
We have thin skin lol.
Awww you better toughen up Lad things may get rough and tumble around here once the after market catches up with our cars and we start bench racing :) LOL
But of course we up here have thick skin and that milky white layer of Phat just under it to keep us warm at night [kidding]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Awww you better toughen up Lad things may get rough and tumble around here once the after market catches up with our cars and we start bench racing :) LOL
But of course we up here have thick skin and that milky white layer of Phat just under it to keep us warm at night [kidding]
LOL [:p]