Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #301
Best of STFest '15

Thanks [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION], to be honest, I was a bit surprised. But then at the awards ceremony THIS happened. "Best of STFest '15". I had a WTF moment for sure. Speechless. lol [:p]

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #302
Pictures can't do the car justice. I figured you'd win it!
Thank you, but I don't know. I really expected the Molten Orange FiST with the silver Team Dynamics 1.2s would win. I don't know who it was, but I would have voted for his/her car over mine (in all honesty). I loved how that car sits (stance) and it had near perfect paint/engine bay.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #303
Congrats man! Car looks great in person, and it was nice meeting you!
Thanks man! It was great meeting you and watching you blitz around the autocross course! We got some good footage of you on camera and I'll try to send them to you when we get home. [woot]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Great to meet You and the Mrs and Glad she talked you into coming.. So happy for you and all your hard work..
CONGRATS on the Win..

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #305
Great to meet You and the Mrs and Glad she talked you into coming.. So happy for you and all your hard work..
CONGRATS on the Win..
Thanks [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]! I would have liked to talk shop with you a bit but I didn't want to be a pest. I know how hectic things can be when you are setting up a car for the different events (auto-x and drag racing). Hopefully we can meet up at other events that aren't as far away for you. I know that was a long trip for ya'll (but that kid from Canada is a real fanatic having driven 2,400 miles). heh [:p]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #306
EcoBeast trunk badge

Here's the EcoBeast trunk badge I put on the other day...

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #310
Next up, Cobb sway bars, a couple of Pierce braces and a Boomba wing riser kit. [biggrin]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #313
Just had Cobb Tuning Plano install a set of Cobb sway bars and urathane bushings. Wow. Pretty much perfect for street use! The Cobb springs and sway bar combination works together better than I could have ever imagined. This car reminds me of a '92-'95 BMW M3 (one of the best handling cars I have ever had the pleasure of "flogging" on public roads. lol). Steering feedback and response is *outstanding*. Much firmer feel right off center. Suspension response is immediate with almost no detectable body roll. With the Dunlop Direzza DII star specs the FiST becomes hardwired to the road. Wherever you point it... it goes.. with panache! The only other "suspension" mod that might compliment this set up would be to swap out the stock dampeners with slightly shortened Koni's to control and firm up rebound but even that is almost splitting hairs at this point (not really needed but would be nice). With that said, a couple of braces could be beneficial and that's what's next on my list of mods. [thumb]

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #314
While I was @ Cobb today, I had them change out the transmission fluid. I changed the fluid out the first time after 5,000 miles. I considered the Motul 300 because I've heard alot of good things about it but the guys at Cobb said the Motul DCTF would be a better fit so I went with that. I know it's a bit "lighter" weight than the 75w-90 of the 300 but... it still quieted the shifts considerably and does appear to have improved smoothness over the Ford spec gear oil that was in there.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #315
Just added R1 Concepts front and rear drilled and slotted rotors and new low dust pads. R1 Concepts coats (paints) the entire rotor surface so breaking wasn't very good at first but it is slowly improving. They look *REALLY* good. I'll take pictures the next time we have some decent weather and I can wash the car.

I added a 2015 Mustang GT shift knob to my FiST today and it turned out better than expected. Yesterday I ordered the knob from Five Star Ford in NRH, Texas and it arrived (today). Originally they said it would take 2-3 days, but alas I got a phone call this morning saying it was in. Woot! Drove over there, picked it up, installed it in the parking lot....

Aaaannnd the reverse lockout would not engage! Doh! [dunno]. But thankfully it is an easy fix. As per previously instructed, it would need a nut to keep the reverse lock out spring down. This is because the Mustang GT knob is considerably shorter than the stock FiST knob. So as per airjor13s recommenations, I then set out to find an M12x1.25 hex nut, which after an hour long "hunt" for the nut, I finally found them at Autozone. Screwed the nut all the way down, then screwed the knob tight.. wala, reverse works again!

Ohhhhh.... this style knob should have come from the factory for the Fiesta ST. It looks factory fresh and it just feels *MUCH* better in your hand and has less isolated spongy "feel" to it when you are shifting. By that I mean it makes the shifter feel more hardwired to the drivetrain. This is especially true on the 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th upshifts. I love the style and way it looks in my car too. Overall a great mod for not alot of money. These knobs sell new or almost new (takeoffs) for $32.00 each on E-bay. I paid $50.00 at the dealership (MSRP) but it is worth every penny. [like] Thanks must be given to [MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] for his write up in the "What have you done to your FiST today" thread! [thumb]
I know this is old but I wanted to be clear on how this works?!?

Simply take the stock FiST knob off....then screw on the M12 - 1.25 hex nut on the threaded shift arm, then screw down the Mustang knob?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #317
I know this is old but I wanted to be clear on how this works?!?

Simply take the stock FiST knob off....then screw on the M12 - 1.25 hex nut on the threaded shift arm, then screw down the Mustang knob?
That is correct. [like]