Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #361
Someone requested pictures of my Z06, so here's one until I can resize the others. ;)

Attachments

Well, now I've gone and done it... I ordered full Maxton Design aero kit, which includes, front spoiler, side skirts, rear splitters, and rear spoiler extension... along with Velossa Tech diffusers (from Whoosh Motorsports) *ALL* in black.
I didn't think ink the sides would fit a 4 door, does the front lip also fit the usdm bumper, and rear seats for the usdm rear?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #363
I didn't think ink the sides would fit a 4 door, does the front lip also fit the usdm bumper, and rear seats for the usdm rear?

I think the front spoiler and sideskirts should work, but the rear splitters may not due to the different rear bumper of the Euro spec cars (it is considerably shorter). I might still be able to get the splitters to work but if I can't I'll just send them back, no biggy.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Well, now I've gone and done it... I ordered full Maxton Design aero kit, which includes, front spoiler, side skirts, rear splitters, and rear spoiler extension... along with Velossa Tech diffusers (from Whoosh Motorsports) *ALL* in black.
Definitely interested to hear about impressions of the kit and how it looks!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #366
These arrived today...

I have hyper black, flat black and silver center caps.

I think the silver ones are going to look good, with black tuner lugs.... on my ingot silver car. Flat black looks pretty good too but....

The silver contrast looks amazing, to me any ways.

I pulled my fender out another 2.5mm. I stuck a hammer with the nail pullers against the inside of the fender and the hammer "head" up against the tire and *gently* pushed down with the handle. I think the extra room I created will be enough to keep it from rubbing. The cobb springs are pretty low in the front, but I can visually see that there is now a bit more room.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #369
Side skirts, front spoiler, euro headlights, WGA and rear valence diffusers have been shipped and are on their way. Now just waiting on the Velossa Tech Big Mouth. Pumaspeed X47R turbo installation is (re)scheduled for next Thursday. I ordered all gaskets and extra studs and nuts just in case (from Tasco). Now I just need to find some H7 Sylvania Ultra ZXE bulbs along with some H11s for the driver/fog lamps. Once I get the euro headlights in, I'll add the carbon eye brows. Speaking of carbon.... my Chinese carbon covered mirror caps I bought off of e-bay DID NOT fit my car. Must have been for a non facelift Fiesta. They are trying to find the ones I need.

What else can I do to this car? I' stilling thinking about coil-overs from Ron Miller @ Whoosh Motorsports. I'm just nearly broke. Also thinking about a lightweight battery and pulling the smaller of the two back seats out to save some weight (and still be able to seat a person in the back.

Still thinking about these DMB "Sonic" side graphics. I guess I could install them and see how they look. If I don't like then I can always just pull them off. heh

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that a heat retention coating on the X47R?

I am eventually going to put the PIAA Night Tech H11s in my factory fogs, as I already have them in my factory housing's low beams, and they are pretty good for a halogen bulb.
I would use a yellow bulb there, but it is an INSTANT FAIL in my illustrious state's inspection, and I do not feel like swapping them out every year. [mad]

I would say a crunchy carbon hood, but you already went through all of that bother to install the vents in your steel hood, so that's a no go I guess. [dunno]
I am not a big fan of any graphics, but those do not look too bad.
Do they make them specifically for the 4 door USDM cars, or do you have to adapt the 2 door versions?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #371
Well, what should have been an EASY day of transformation for my silver bullet turned into a loooong, albeit frustrating day.

Took the car to Discount Tire and had some new DII Star Specs mounted and balanced, new TPMS sensors..... only to find that the two rear center caps could not be installed due to the hub studs sticking out too far. I'm going to guess that this is a common issue. Got home jacked the car up and removed both rear wheels. Machined down the threaded stud that holds the nut with a dremel tool. While I was doing the rear right, I had set the wheel/tire upright and it fell over on the face onto the concrete messing up the outer part of the rim. I tried to touch it up, but that's going to be an expensive mistake as I will have to replace it. [shameful]

Finally got it all done and took a few pictures....

Car is starting to grow on me. The ROTA Titans really change the look of the car. So far ZERO rubbing... weighed the ROTA Titans before the install. They all weigh 17 to 17.2 pounds each. The 17x7.5 XXR 527s weighed 18.5 pounds each.

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #372
My 17x7.5 +40 XXR 527's WITH brand new Dunlop Direzza DII Star specs are for sale. This includes TPMS sensors. Ready to bolt on and go....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, what should have been an EASY day of transformation for my silver bullet turned into a loooong, albeit frustrating day.

Took the car to Discount Tire and had some new DII Star Specs mounted and balanced, new TPMS sensors..... only to find that the two rear center caps could not be installed due to the hub studs sticking out too far. I'm going to guess that this is a common issue. Got home jacked the car up and removed both rear wheels. Machined down the threaded stud that holds the nut with a dremel tool. While I was doing the rear right, I had set the wheel/tire upright and it fell over on the face onto the concrete messing up the outer part of the rim. I tried to touch it up, but that's going to be an expensive mistake as I will have to replace it. [shameful]

Finally got it all done and took a few pictures....

Car is starting to grow on me. The ROTA Titans really change the look of the car. So far ZERO rubbing... weighed the ROTA Titans before the install. They all weigh 17 to 17.2 pounds each. The 17x7.5 XXR 527s weighed 18.5 pounds each.
That car looks TOO GOOD as it sits right there (and you don't even have the splitters and carbon mirror caps on it yet!). [twothumb]
You really cannot go any further on the exterior aesthetics without the major surgery, bodywork, and paint of some big flares/box flares, or an un-streetable full time attack front splitter, and huge rear wing. ;)

Yes, Accel Junky chronicled the Titan rear center cap dilemma in his build, and others have had to do the same to get the Rota caps to work.
The silver caps DO look great, and yes, DO give a nice contrast, and pick up the body color really well. [like] [cool]

SORRY to hear about the face dropped Titan. [:(]
I did that once to one of my A2 GTI 16V's black Revolution wheels, and it bothered me FOREVER.
I am now super extra-OCD careful with the Pro Race 1.2s, especially since they are somewhat convex in an ET 42 17x8, and even the lip/edge on both sides sticks out past my 215/40 RS-RRs. ;)

Do the Star Specs 'sing'/whine at speeds above 30 MPH at all (like the RS-RRs do LOUDLY), and if so are they bearable?
(I am considering them and the Yoko A048s in 215/40-17 for the next rubber on these wheels/)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #374
That car looks TOO GOOD as it sits right there (and you don't even have the splitters and carbon mirror caps on it yet!). [twothumb]
You really cannot go any further on the exterior aesthetics without the major surgery, bodywork, and paint of some big flares/box flares, or an un-streetable full time attack front splitter, and huge rear wing. ;)

Yes, Accel Junky chronicled the Titan rear center cap dilemma in his build, and others have had to do the same to get the Rota caps to work.
The silver caps DO look great, and yes, DO give a nice contrast, and pick up the body color really well. [like] [cool]

SORRY to hear about the face dropped Titan. [:(]
I did that once to one of my A2 GTI 16V's black Revolution wheels, and it bothered me FOREVER.
I am now super extra-OCD careful with the Pro Race 1.2s, especially since they are somewhat convex in an ET 42 17x8, and even the lip/edge on both sides sticks out past my 215/40 RS-RRs. ;)

Do the Star Specs 'sing'/whine at speeds above 30 MPH at all (like the RS-RRs do LOUDLY), and if so are they bearable?
(I am considering them and the Yoko A048s in 215/40-17 for the next rubber on these wheels/)
Thanks buddy. I still have a Maxton Design front spoiler, rockers/side skirts and rear splitters coming but I don't know for sure if they are going to fit. Also, the Euro headlights might add something aesthetically along with the carbon eye brows. The rear diffusers are going to be black so I think they will look nice. I have to send the Chinese company that made my mirror covers pictures of my stock covers and theirs so they can see the difference. I think the ones they sent were from a non facelift Fiesta.

Yeah, I was pretty jacked about my rear ROTA Titan. It will work for now until I can get a replacement. I do really like the Hyper black with the silver center caps. The car looks really aggressive with the 8" wide wheels and +40 offset.

The Star specs are quiet right now but as they get some time on them they will get a little louder, but nothing too bad at all. This is my 3rd set of DIIs. The first was non star specs, and these last two were star specs. The original (edit: Direzza DII's) were a bit more grippy and were 180 wear rating opposed to the star specs being 200. I can still get around 22,000-23,000 miles out of them which is really good I think.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That mileage out of the 200 TW Star Specs IS impressive! (IF they are what you are referencing above.) [thumb]

But I AM surprised to hear that you think the 140 TW factory Potenzas were stickier than your current Star Specs, since some on here have claimed that even the 340 TW Indy 500s and Conti EC Sports are grippier than the stockers, all being newer tech, advanced compound rubber as compared to the ANCIENT factory B-stones. [dunno]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #376
That mileage out of the 200 TW Star Specs IS impressive! (IF they are what you are referencing above.) [thumb]

But I AM surprised to hear that you think the 140 TW factory Potenzas were stickier than your current Star Specs, since some on here have claimed that even the 340 TW Indy 500s and Conti EC Sports are grippier than the stockers, all being newer tech, advanced compound rubber as compared to the ANCIENT factory B-stones. [dunno]
Yes the 200 wear rating DII Star Specs last longer than I expected. I love the 215/40-17s. They work and look great!

Where did I say that? The Star Specs are *much* stickier than the Potenzas. I didn't really like the stock tires. I was talking about the old discontinued non star spec Direzza DIIs that are not "star spec". The DII Star Specs are EXCELLENT! [:o]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #377
Euro headlights just got here.... I'm going to go put those in in the dark. [histerical]

So did the diffusers and front spoiler, side skirts and rear splitters. All that is going on tomorrow, including the X47R and base tune

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #378
Euro headlights just got here.... I'm going to go put those in in the dark. [histerical]

So did the diffusers and front spoiler, side skirts and rear splitters. All that is going on tomorrow, including the X47R and base tune
Well damnit... I knew everything was going way too smoothly with my latest batch of modifications.... I've run into a snag.

The @#$&ing passenger side LED strip won't light up. Drivers light looks great. Passenger side, no bueno. Checked my wiring and pin work THREE times and nothing. the H7 low beams and H1 high beams work, but yep the LED lights are deader than a door-nail. I am so frustrated I could scream...

Well damnit... I knew everything was going way too smoothly with my latest batch of modifications.... I've run into a snag.

The @#$&ing passenger side LED strip won't light up. Drivers light looks great. Passenger side, no bueno. Checked my wiring and pin work THREE times and nothing. the H7 low beams and H1 high beams work, but yep the LED lights are deader than a door-nail. I am so frustrated I could scream...
Did you try to hardwire it to the other side to confirm, power them up separately?

Also, verify the pin was seated well and didnt push out the other side when you attached the connector

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #380
Did you try to hardwire it to the other side to confirm, power them up separately?

Also, verify the pin was seated well and didnt push out the other side when you attached the connector

Yeah, I checked it 3 times now.

That's a good idea. I'll plug it into the other side and see if it works....