Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #381
Did you try to hardwire it to the other side to confirm, power them up separately?

Also, verify the pin was seated well and didnt push out the other side when you attached the connector

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I checked it 3 times now.

That's a good idea. I'll plug it into the other side and see if it works....

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #382
Did you try to hardwire it to the other side to confirm, power them up separately?

Also, verify the pin was seated well and didnt push out the other side when you attached the connector

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
BOOM! It worked when plugged into the drivers side.

I checked the passenger side again, plugged it in and STILL nothing again. What the actual eff? [chair]

Except this time I reached down there with my hand and started wiggling the wire that I relocated and the LED's started blinking and working.

I think I may have inadvertently wallowed out the connector, so I took it all apart again, crimped the female connector a bit and then used a screw driver and slightly moved the male prongs in the connector "upward" so they'd maybe get a better connection...

And now it works. [pray]

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, by eliminating the lights as being faulty with the reverse test. I probably wouldn't have even thought about it since I was two eye twitches away from having a full on melt down (rage) lol. [rant]

I think... it's working now but we will see in the morning on the way to the shop if the LEDs stay on for the 30+ mile drive. [scratch]

Thanks again... [twothumb]

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #383
Well, we are off to Growler Motorsports for major surgery (it kind of feels like it)[giddy]

X47R goes on today. Adam @ Tune+ sent me the base tune already so I updated my firmware (which I hadn't done in about 2 years). DV+ and Turbosmart WGA arrived as well as all the gaskets and extra studs and nuts (just in case). I'm also having Growler install my side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters.

Velossa Tech big mouth inlet came in but not sure when I'll be in the mood to install that.

Going to do an initial e-tune and then in two weeks a dyno test and tune.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Well, we are off to Growler Motorsports for major surgery (it kind of feels like it)[giddy]

X47R goes on today. Adam @ Tune+ sent me the base tune already so I updated my firmware (which I hadn't done in about 2 years). DV+ and Turbosmart WGA arrived as well as all the gaskets and extra studs and nuts (just in case). I'm also having Growler install my side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters.

Velossa Tech big mouth inlet came in but not sure when I'll be in the mood to install that.

Great thread! I'm excited to see your results. What fuel option(s) will you be tuning on? It will be nice to see an X47R to compare to my standard issue X47!!!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #385
Great thread! I'm excited to see your results. What fuel option(s) will you be tuning on? It will be nice to see an X47R to compare to my standard issue X47!!!
Thanks Jeff. 93 and E30. Hoping to hit 300whp with E30.

Definitely looking forward to hearing if all the Maxton stuff fits on. Ever since my Mountune front splitter I've been eyeing some kind of side spats and rear spats.

Also, the Titan's look great! if you get a chance, any way you can take a picture from the front side and rear side to show just how flush they are? I was looking at 16x8 or 17x8 +40 as well and I'm on Mountune springs now which are essentially Cobb. I have Bilstein coilovers going on so I want to see how aggressive it is or if I want to just stick with a wheel in the 17x7.5 range.

Thanks and good luck with the tuning. I just did an X37 and got PD-Tuning live tune, the car is a blast!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Do you get free jugs of craft brew with each install? LOL
That little monster is already wicked, after this it will be downright EVIL!! [thumb] [driving]

DaveG99

Do you get free jugs of craft brew with each install? LOL
That little monster is already wicked, after this it will be downright EVIL!! [thumb] [driving]
lol. In case you didnt know growler used to be COBB here in Dallas. For some reason Cobb shut down their location here and Growler took it over. Its a strange name and I too thought of beer when I first heard of them.

The person who did over 300whp on the x47 is Aubrey. She has a badass car and even does her own wrenching. Im 100% confident his car will break the 300whp mark at Adams shop.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #391
lol. In case you didnt know growler used to be COBB here in Dallas. For some reason Cobb shut down their location here and Growler took it over. Its a strange name and I too thought of beer when I first heard of them.

The person who did over 300whp on the x47 is Aubrey. She has a badass car and even does her own wrenching. Im 100% confident his car will break the 300whp mark at Adams shop.
Yes, I've known Chris Fleming for about 18 years now. He was my Subaru salesman when I bought my first Subaru Impreza back in 1999 (which I then turned into a turbocharged MONSTER) and later on in 2001, he sold me a very early example of the 2002 WRX (which Trey Cobb personally built for me when they were in Rockwall, and was one of the only RT-Spec Cobb cars ever built). I think Cobb just decided to get away from the retail end of the business and the heads of each of the Cobb retail shops went on their own. Hence Cobb Plano is now Growler Motorlabs.

They do EXCELLENT work. They pretty much installed my entire Cobb stage 3 kit and now the hybrid. Adam is going to do the tune on it.

Thanks for the kind words! [driving] Yeah, I made 304whp/344wtq on a regular X47 on Adam's dyno. I've since (with the help and garage of [MENTION=7869]Mortont1[/MENTION] ) installed Strat's aux fuel and Guardian Angel and am running E50. Adam's e-tuning it for now until he's got time to put it back on the dyno. V-Dyno has me in the low 350'swhp, so I'm probably actually somewhere in the 330's. Traction in 3rd gear has definitely become an issue. LOL!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #393
Thanks for the kind words! [driving] Yeah, I made 304whp/344wtq on a regular X47 on Adam's dyno. I've since (with the help and garage of [MENTION=7869]Mortont1[/MENTION] ) installed Strat's aux fuel and Guardian Angel and am running E50. Adam's e-tuning it for now until he's got time to put it back on the dyno. V-Dyno has me in the low 350'swhp, so I'm probably actually somewhere in the 330's. Traction in 3rd gear has definitely become an issue. LOL!
WOW. [crazyeye] Very nice! Adam did a great job with my car since it has been stage 3. I'm impressed by your projected numbers! [burnout]

Any other plans for your car in the future?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #394
Initially I wanted Tune+ to do my turbo installation but Adam couldn't schedule me until January. No way I can just keep this hybrid laying around until then lol

WOW. [crazyeye] Very nice! Adam did a great job with my car since it has been stage 3. I'm impressed by your projected numbers! [burnout]

Any other plans for your car in the future?
I think I'm done with any major power upgrades after this. An X47 w/aux fuel is an absolute beast. Goals going forward are continuing to look at ways to reduce weight and an LSD install.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, I've known Chris Fleming for about 18 years now. He was my Subaru salesman when I bought my first Subaru Impreza back in 1999 (which I then turned into a turbocharged MONSTER) and later on in 2001, he sold me a very early example of the 2002 WRX (which Trey Cobb personally built for me when they were in Rockwall, and was one of the only RT-Spec Cobb cars ever built). I think Cobb just decided to get away from the retail end of the business and the heads of each of the Cobb retail shops went on their own. Hence Cobb Plano is now Growler Motorlabs.

They do EXCELLENT work. They pretty much installed my entire Cobb stage 3 kit and now the hybrid. Adam is going to do the tune on it.
So currently NONE of the Cobb facilities/buildings still labeled Cobb are doing any installations?

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #397
So currently NONE of the Cobb facilities/buildings still labeled Cobb are doing any installations?
That I don't know. I did hear that the people running the retail business end are no longer officially linked with Cobb. They still carry Cobb parts and do the installations.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #398
None of the previous shops have the name "Cobb" in them anymore. Cobb Surgeline in Portland, Oregon is now just "Surgeline Tuning". Cobb Plano in Plano, Texas is now "Growler Motorlabs" and I believe ANTSPEC in Fountain Valley, Ca was their other one, but I could be wrong.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #399
Well poo.

I didn't get my car back today. I guess the spoiler, side skirts and rear splitters added some time to the install hours. Can't wait to start getting my e-tune revisions.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #400
Got the car back last night. X47R is installed.... body stuff did not make it on the car yet. I have to go back on Tuesday for that because not everything fit like it was supposed to.