Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #402
How many hours do they charge for a turbo install?
I was originally quoted 6 hours, then 8.5 hours. They take their time and it's more expensive than most places, however I know I'll never have to worry about it being right. I wanted to give Adam the business since he is doing the tune but he is backed up for months and I couldn't wait to put it on while I still had some money left <laughs>

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #403
If people thought I was done with this project.... [giddy]

I ordered these from Ron @ Whoosh Motorsports today.

Ksport coil-overs. They are on sale for $800 shipped

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #406
Did my first data logs for Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] and waiting for first revision post Pumaspeed X47R installation. He's not as quick as he used to be, but maybe he's just not doing remote tuning on the weekends anymore. I hope this time around it doesn't take 16 revisions (plus another 3-4 for E30) like it did last time. If that's the case it may take 2 months to get it finalized... [giggle]

Did my first data logs for Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] and waiting for first revision post Pumaspeed X47R installation. He's not as quick as he used to be, but maybe he's just not doing remote tuning on the weekends anymore. I hope this time around it doesn't take 16 revisions (plus another 3-4 for E30) like it did last time. If that's the case it may take 2 months to get it finalized... [giggle]
Well seeing as you sent it yesterday and we don’t work on the weekends...

Not to mention I normally reply to emails with 24-48 hours if it’s a tune revision. If it’s not an urgent email I wait until all tunes are answered before replying to non-tune emails.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #408
Well seeing as you sent it yesterday and we don’t work on the weekends...

Not to mention I normally reply to emails with 24-48 hours if it’s a tune revision. If it’s not an urgent email I wait until all tunes are answered before replying to non-tune emails.
It's fine. I was kidding... Notice the giggle emoticon? That means I was being silly.

I've always had nothing but good things to say about you and your tuning abilities (INCLUDING your turn around times on revisions). I for one appreciate everything you've done so far as tuning my car and I tell everyone I know to contact you for their Ford tuning needs. My Fiesta ST has been perfect for 23,000 miles running your 93 and E30 maps. I have no complaints. [:)]

I didn't even have to ask or remind you to send me the base tune, it was in my e-mail a couple days before I took the car in for the installation. That is more than satisfactory.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #409
Hopefully getting my front spoiler, side skirts and splitter installed in the morning.... then at 1pm getting my roof wrapped in satin black. First revision for the tune is now in the books. Still waiting on the Velossa Tech diffusers.

How much fun am I having with this car right now? Well, my C7 Z06 just sits in the garage with a battery tender on it. [:p]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #410
Side skirts and splitters installed. Was disappointed that the Maxton Design front spoiler does NOT fit my car. There were big gaps that would have presented and I didn't want to risk having the thing getting ripped off at high speeds, so now I need a new subtle front spoiler option.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is cool just how dark, (but still very noticeable) those wheels look in the bright sunlight! [like]

Again, once you get a nice front splitter on there, you cannot go much further unless you install full-on WRC style flares, and multi-element rear wing.

Looks GREAT as it sits now with the vents, and splitters on it! [twothumb]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #412
It is cool just how dark, (but still very noticeable) those wheels look in the bright sunlight! [like]

Again, once you get a nice front splitter on there, you cannot go much further unless you install full-on WRC style flares, and multi-element rear wing.

Looks GREAT as it sits now with the vents, and splitters on it! [twothumb]
Thanks. I LOVE how the hyper black looks different in different light. [like]

I don't think I'll be doing too much more to this car past the Ksport coil-overs and maybe some braces and a Braille battery and possible other weight saving mods. I'll be looking for a new splitter to replace the Maxton.

Car is running great on the Pumaspeed X47R hybrid with Adams tuning, just waiting to start the process with E30 revisions now and some dyno tweaks in a couple weeks. Although I know the estimated hp and torque on the AP isn't all that accurate, it did hit 294hp and 287 pft on my last datalog. That's a big jump in power over my stage 3 as a comparison, although I am most certain I am easily putting over 300pft torque to the wheels. As a comparison, the BEST E30 stage 3 numbers I ever saw were 235hp and 283pft on the AP. I'm not certain how these parameters are calculated through the ECM. Can't wait to get some real dyno numbers for my Fiesta ST.

koozy

3000 Post Club
are absolutely sure about the maxton splitter and not the installer who's not willing to be a little creative on the install? I know when I got my maxton, which is an earlier version than yours I received a tube of adhesive from maxton to prevent any gaps. I chose not to use the adhesive, because I didn't want it to be permanent. There are holes already in place on the stock spoiler to accommodate attaching the splitter in such a way that there's no gaps. If you don't mind drilling a few holes I'm sure there's a way to prevent those gaps. Here's some photos of mine that may perhaps give you some ideas.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Car is running great on the Pumaspeed X47R hybrid with Adams tuning, just waiting to start the process with E30 revisions now and some dyno tweaks in a couple weeks. Although I know the estimated hp and torque on the AP isn't all that accurate, it did hit 294hp and 287 pft on my last datalog. That's a big jump in power over my stage 3 as a comparison, although I am most certain I am easily putting over 300pft torque to the wheels. As a comparison, the BEST E30 stage 3 numbers I ever saw were 235hp and 283pft on the AP. I'm not certain how these parameters are calculated through the ECM. Can't wait to get some real dyno numbers for my Fiesta ST.
You might even be able to go a little north of those power figures on your tune with the Strat 4 port injector system, (as well as keeping the intake valves more pristine) but I don't know if that is worth it (expense and installation cost/bother) to you. [dunno]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #415
are absolutely sure about the maxton splitter and not the installer who's not willing to be a little creative on the install? I know when I got my maxton, which is an earlier version than yours I received a tube of adhesive from maxton to prevent any gaps. I chose not to use the adhesive, because I didn't want it to be permanent. There are holes already in place on the stock spoiler to accommodate attaching the splitter in such a way that there's no gaps. If you don't mind drilling a few holes I'm sure there's a way to prevent those gaps. Here's some photos of mine that may perhaps give you some ideas.

That's a different Maxton Design splitter than mine. The gaps on mine were *HUGE* and unacceptable. The installation tech and owner actually grabbed me and showed me the issues and there was really no way to make it work without taking a risk that it would catch air and fly off. I mean like 1/4 inch or more gaps. Adhesive wouldn't have made a difference lol. I would have had to machine down my factory bumper and or the splitter (or both). Drilling holes would not have helped. The high spots on the splitter did not match the low spots on the bumper.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #416
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] your front splitter does like really good by the way. [burnout]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #417
You might even be able to go a little north of those power figures on your tune with the Strat 4 port injector system, (as well as keeping the intake valves more pristine) but I don't know if that is worth it (expense and installation cost/bother) to you. [dunno]
I think we are shooting for over 300whp on the E30 map. The ECM "estimates" are not very accurate, however when I compare them now to what I was getting with stage 1, stage 3 and now with the X47, there is a HUGE difference. I hit 295hp & 292pft earlier today when I trying to burn enough gas out to fit 3.5 gallons of E85 into the mix. The estimates were considerably less on the first revision of the E30 map when I datalogged them earlier. I want to see actual numbers on Adams dyno. I've heard that there are too many conflicting variables with the ECM predicting HP and Torque estimates including vehicle speed, load and other changing variables.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #419

Attachments