Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 FiST suspension softened?

Original J-Pat

After driving my fiST for a while, my wife decided to trade in her '14 focus for a Kona '16. I have driven hers for a hundred miles and could tell no difference between it and my black one. Fast forward to today... took an off ramp and it felt different. It was different enough that I came straight home and got to measuring.

Wouldn't you know, the wife gets the new suspension! Her fiST build date July '16 has the revised suspension with a 21mm front bar. My build date is Dec '15 with the 19mm bar. Obviously, at some point between it changed. I'm not going to say the new is better all around. I couldn't tell until I was comfortable enough to take it fast. It felt more stable and easier to modulate angle with throttle. The springs or dampening supposedly softened up but I sure can't tell, even back to back driving.
Is your car a 14'?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
but the 21" is the non ST bar size (if I remember correctly) so did they build it with the part. TO be fair you could PM [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] both VINs and he can do the compare of that section.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
the larger front bar should make it understeer more and oversteer less. I would consider that, along with softening of the suspension, to be a move in the wrong direction.

masonsturbos

From my buddies 14 to my 15, I would say and he would too @esondi that my car is stiffer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro