Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 71 44.7%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters

Chris G

I like mine... A little hard to get the valve close given the location but the quality of the kit is amazing. Also, oil in intake, charge pipes, pretty much gone! After 1000 miles I got a decent amount in my mug. Next 1000 I'll try to take a picture. Only thing is I've rubbed the sticker off it already. I really wish they made a kit for my Flex Ecoboost too. That thing is oily as heck. Next up I need to get an oil cap breather.
Just installed my Damond can today. Love the kit... but wondering how hard it'll be to drain it.

I can't even open up my Mishimoto can. I'm going to have to buy some new strap wrenches so I don't scratch it all to hell trying to unscrew it.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just installed my Damond can today. Love the kit... but wondering how hard it'll be to drain it.
It's easy. After the first time you'll be able to find the lever and do it no problem. I was worried the first time but it's really simple.

Chris G

It's easy. After the first time you'll be able to find the lever and do it no problem. I was worried the first time but it's really simple.
We shall see. It's a big can so it won't be for awhile. Accessing that drain will be the hardest part. Figure I can always pull back the coolant tank a bit if I need to.

J2FoRS

[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]...
So you just use an Allen key to open the valve via the center bolt? What's it running internally?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]...
So you just use an Allen key to open the valve via the center bolt? What's it running internally?
A 3mm Allen is used to open and close this valve. With the screw tightened, the valve is closed, loosen the screw and the valve is open.

Nice, I like that. No tools required.
Yup, doesn't get any easier. Flip the lever and drain. Flip it back to close. As you can see from my link, this valve was $10, and you can get them cheaper if you don't want stainless. As much as we pay for these cans, these should be standard and not add ons, IMO.

For a variety of reasons I have put off installing my Damond oil catch can, I have just been assembling a pile of parts to put on all in one shot.

It has given me a chance to think about the parts and the OCC is one I'm most anxious to install.

Looking at it, the Damond has a quarter turn drain valve standard, the hoses are nice and long with gentle bends and OEM style connectors, the can itself is fairly large to hold a lot of crud before you need to drain and finally the mounting bracket does not seem prone to breakage. I got the VTA option also so its ready for the big turbo in my upgrade.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too...have the Damond....it's a pain the snake you're hand in there but it's a no tools required deal. I have yet to drain mine yet either. So I'll snap a pic or two of what comes out. Oh and I wish Damond painted their logo on the can....mine came right off during install by the way.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I guess I have little hands because I have no problem adjusting the drain lever. It just took me a couple minutes remember where exactly the lever was located. After that though it's a breeze.

jayrod1980

Oil Catch Can Comparo

The can will still pivot with the bracket on. I'm big but don't have exceptionally large hands and it's only a pain to close the valve. I take my left hand and push against the can toward the fender near the top of the can. This pivots the bottom of the can up enough for my right hand to reach in the gap between engine and can and turn the valve closed. Opening the valve you only have to feel your way down the can and press the lever downward with your fingers.

I love the Damond can, and second the sentiment about the logo. Mines just crumpled gold sticker now, barely hanging on and indiscernible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossdh

Hello and sorry to dig up an old thread.

I have the Boomba PCV OCC fitted to my UKDM Fiesta ST however I was wondering if anyone has manage to fit the PCV version AND kept the symposer? Is this doable?

Cheers!

fST

I'm new to this. But I have a question about this. If it's so important, especially for Direct Injected Turbo engines, how come Ford doesn't include one from the factory? I'm trying to determine if doing this is worth it for me.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The OCC needs to be emptied. Not everyone would do this if Ford installed them on direct injection engines.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk