Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

KKaWing

I have the damond, just haven't done much driving. Pretty easy install. Everything is connected just 2 bolts and 2 hose clamps for the can itself. Finally attach the plastic bung for the drain and the rubber hose too. Ease the entire thing in, bold it on to the stud, route the drain and connect the hose. The installation file is on their site.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have the damond, just haven't done much driving. Pretty easy install. Everything is connected just 2 bolts and 2 hose clamps for the can itself. Finally attach the plastic bung for the drain and the rubber hose too. Ease the entire thing in, bold it on to the stud, route the drain and connect the hose. The installation file is on their site.
Okay. I want straight plug and play. No buying, cutting, modding, or anything along those lines with this. Would like to hear more once you do some driving.

Somebody needs to come up with a way to heat these during the winter time for Canadians who will typically see -30 for a month straight. Have had too many incidents of the can or the lines freezing up due to excess water collected at those temperatures. Having it freeze up and block up the crack case vent can lead to some catastrophic issues.....

GAbOS

Somebody needs to come up with a way to heat these during the winter time for Canadians who will typically see -30 for a month straight. Have had too many incidents of the can or the lines freezing up due to excess water collected at those temperatures. Having it freeze up and block up the crack case vent can lead to some catastrophic issues.....
What about NOS heater blankets. They are 12volt.

this has me worried a bit now... It can also get very cold in Milwaukee.

KKaWing

The engine bay does get quite warm, turbo and all. Instead of waiting for the car to cool off, maybe drain it while it is warm? Don't burn yourself though.

this has me worried a bit now... It can also get very cold in Milwaukee.
I suggest to empty often and use a blow dryer or heat gun as needed. I was not prepared for how fast they fill in winter so I would check at least once a week. I have also had cases of stock lines freezing on me in my last car (Mazdaspeed6) so there is a chance of it happening without one. Another prevention route is to increase you driving times to at least 30 minutes then empty the can.

KKaWing

Okay. I want straight plug and play. No buying, cutting, modding, or anything along those lines with this. Would like to hear more once you do some driving.
Been about 800km now and I pulled both the hoses from the pcv and the intake manifold. Obviously the PCV side was oily, but the intake side is dry. Stuck my finger inside the manifold and it was still oily, probably from before the OCC install. Stuffed a q-tip up the hose and it remained white. Tried to drain it but only around 20 drops came out, got bored and stopped counting beyond 12.

J2FoRS

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]... [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]
Have you any words of wisdom or insight in regards to this statement? [paranoid]

KKaWing

leave some windshield washer fluid in the can. Free meth injection XD j/k but it helps the content from freezing.

Oh only the blue very cheap fluid though. The fancy glycol stuff is not good.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Anybody figured out the Damond size yet?
Holding capacity for Damond OCC ~250ml

[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

Edit..table (below) updated thanks to [MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] !!

Distinguishing Features (Under Construction--Not Tapatalk friendly)

[table="class: grid"]
[tr]
[th][/th]
[th]Boomba[/th]
[th]Damond[/th]
[th]JBR[/th]
[th]Mishimoto[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Price[/td]
[td]$190[/td]
[td]$190[/td]
[td]$165[/td]
[td]$175 (pre-sale)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Capacity[/td]
[td]350ml[/td]
[td]250ml[/td]
[td]350ml[/td]
[td]60ml[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mounting location[/td]
[td]By intake manifold (for PCV) and under intake piping (for CCV); must have sound symposer delete for PCV[/td]
[td]Passenger side strut tower[/td]
[td]Passenger side strut tower[/td]
[td]Passenger side engine mount behind headlight[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Plug-n-play[/td]
[td]No; must re-use stock fittings[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[td]No; must re-use stock fittings[/td]
[td]Yes[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Colors[/td]
[td]Can: natural, black, blue, or red[/td]
[td]Hoses: black, blue, or red[/td]
[td]Can: black, blue, or red[/td]
[td]Hoses: black, blue, or red[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Filtration[/td]
[td]Baffled with "2 step filtration system"[/td]
[td]Layers and layers and layers of perforated baffle plates[/td]
[td]3 stacked baffles[/td]
[td]Single baffle plus 50 micron bronze filter on outlet[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Drain kit[/td]
[td]Not included[/td]
[td]Included[/td]
[td]Included[/td]
[td]Sold separately ($40)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Check valve[/td]
[td]Can add to kit ($33)[/td]
[td]Included[/td]
[td]Can add to kit ($15)[/td]
[td]Must buy seperately[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Hose diameter[/td]
[td]3/8"[/td]
[td]5/8"[/td]
[td]5/8"[/td]
[td]5/8"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Other features[/td]
[td]Porthole to check levels; configurable for CCV[/td]
[td]Can add vent to atmosphere [/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Can is fully accessible, allowing for cleaning[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

OCC Kits Installed (pics below)

JBR OCC Kit

JBR OCC.jpg

Damond OCC Kit

Damond OCC.jpg

Boomba OCC kit

Boomba OCC.jpg

Mishimoto OCC Kit

Mishimoto OCC.jpg

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] good job.
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] I suggest editing the location slightly to indicate the passenger side is relative to LHD not RHD. As people for all countries visit this. Some will work in RHD I beleive Mishi and Boomba are but not 100%

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] I suggest editing the location slightly to indicate the passenger side is relative to LHD not RHD. As people for all countries visit this. Some will work in RHD I beleive Mishi and Boomba are but not 100%
Please clarify further? Edit what "location slightly"? Are you referring to location in comparo table??

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Please clarify further? Edit what "location slightly"? Are you referring to location in comparo table??
Just add LHD to the beginning of column 1 "Mounting location" so "LHD; Mounting location" therefore all references to Passenger side is to the LHD type cars.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Just add LHD to the beginning of column 1 "Mounting location" so "LHD; Mounting location" therefore all references to Passenger side is to the LHD type cars.
Probably wise to have someone with an RHD vehicle confirm which of the kits will actually work on RHD vehicles before we edit the table...

As of now consider that they all work on LHD vehicles until 100% confirmed otherwise..

Also [MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] is the one who generated the original table...Once we get the information needed I'm sure he'll update the table for us :) ...much appreciated and thanks!