Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

mishimoto1

I was also deciding between Damond and Mishi as I didn't wan't to cut the PCV hose. I was leaning toward the Damond due to price but found a distributor selling the Mishi OCC for the pre-sale price! I was a bit wary of it and scrutinized part numbers but ordered it on Fri and ended up having to call them on Monday as I didn't get much communication. They told me that it would ship Tues and be here either today or Thursday. I'll provide an update when it comes in.

Hope this helps those on the fence.
http://www.brothersperformance.com/ecoboost/2014-2015-fiesta-st.html
Glad you were able to find our catch can! If you are unsure if a distributor is a Mishimoto authorized vendor you can check our website HERE for a list of distributors closest to you. If you have any additional questions please let me know!
Thanks!
-Sara

Glad you were able to find our catch can! If you are unsure if a distributor is a Mishimoto authorized vendor you can check our website HERE for a list of distributors closest to you. If you have any additional questions please let me know!
Thanks!
-Sara
So those of us that ordered direct from Mishimoto and paid $264 will be getting a gift card for the difference to use on future Mishimoto products coughRADIATORcough....? ? Riiiiiiight?[wink]

Seems we've been missing out. We're not too late to the party, are we?

Lots of questions in here. We'll try to get to them all over time, but please don't hesitate to remind me of questions already posted, or ask new ones.

We think check valves are absolutely necessary. We don't sell a kit without it, and it is included in the price.
The VTA kit actually has a check valve in it, too! It's designed so you can't pull air through the VTA filter into the intake.

Thanks for including us on the list. Hope to be around more.

OP
tjd_tdi
Thread Starter #167

Lots of questions in here. We'll try to get to them all over time, but please don't hesitate to remind me of questions already posted, or ask new ones.

We think check valves are absolutely necessary. We don't sell a kit without it, and it is included in the price.
The VTA kit actually has a check valve in it, too! It's designed so you can't pull air through the VTA filter into the intake.

Welcome, aboard. Never too late. Great to have manufacturer support on the forums!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Welcome and glad to have Damond Motorsports aboard!

And feel free to formally introduce yourself in our new member introduction forum...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/forums/2-New-Member-Introduction

Thanks for the welcome. Already liking what we're seeing. We'll be limiting our involvement here until we've been cleared by the admin. Have a message in to make sure we follow rules, and don't get anyone upset.
Once we're cleared, we'll get something going for you guys.

Thanks for the welcome. Already liking what we're seeing. We'll be limiting our involvement here until we've been cleared by the admin. Have a message in to make sure we follow rules, and don't get anyone upset.
Once we're cleared, we'll get something going for you guys.
Does this mean maybe a group buy for a discounted price? If so I would def. be in for it.

Does this mean maybe a group buy for a discounted price? If so I would def. be in for it.
That's what we're thinking. I don't want to clutter this thread with that, so we'll start something in our brand, spanking, new vendor forum in the next couple days. Go over there and say hi!

mishimoto1

So those of us that ordered direct from Mishimoto and paid $264 will be getting a gift card for the difference to use on future Mishimoto products coughRADIATORcough....? ? Riiiiiiight?[wink]
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any discount on this aside from the past pre-sale. We allow distributors to sell our products at a more competitive price than us in order to better serve you guys by making our products more accessible. As for the radiator, we will be doing a pre-sale on this when we are ready to kick off production so stay tuned! You can check out our radiator progress on our thread HERE and for more updates on Pre-Sales and a complete list of the parts we are working on for the Fiesta visit our directory thread HERE.
Let me know if you need any additional assistance!
-Sara

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's what we're thinking. I don't want to clutter this thread with that, so we'll start something in our brand, spanking, new vendor forum in the next couple days. Go over there and say hi!
I'm definitely looking into yours for the plug and play feature. Can you post the link when you make it in here so I don't miss it?

KKaWing

Damond can, ~2000km worth. Starting to get chilly. Maybe in a few months I'll get some froth [xx(]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club

Damond can, ~2000km worth. Starting to get chilly. Maybe in a few months I'll get some froth [xx(]
Nice I just installed mine. So to drain you just turned that lever at the bottom of the catch can and held that bottle under the tube sticking out of the bottom of the car?

And how much of that tube did you leave? Looking back now I think I might have cut too much off.