Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I think this one is the best deal ultimately

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...44-20&linkId=9b19fa613eef46bb3c9528aa64948ced

Most dont seem to have the viewing glass especially at this price point
Lots of complaints with leaks on this one, and most drain their OCC with each oil change so seeing what is in there is no big deal as I have never drained enough oil to fill 1/8 of the capacity. But the price is right if as the reviews say you can get it sealed. I love my Damond, easy to drain, out of the way and high quality but not cheap.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^^ plus one here on the Damond....and the bracket doesn't break like the mishimotos.🕺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Zissou

Anyone having issues with their Damond lines cracking? I noticed both of my blue hoses have little cracks in the bend and on the lower connection.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Not so far, but I DO wish that they were multi-ply, reinforced, high grade silicone instead of the EPDM, or whatever they are made out of as supplied by Damond. [:(]

Has anyone tried reinforcing their Damond lines? I’ve just installed my OCC and I’ve noticed that the lines are rubbing against metal (and apparently they also crack after some time) – was thinking of wrapping them in something durable

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has anyone tried reinforcing their Damond lines? I’ve just installed my OCC and I’ve noticed that the lines are rubbing against metal (and apparently they also crack after some time) – was thinking of wrapping them in something durable
Mine are fully covered in that heat resistant, black plastic, split convoluted wire/hose loom stuff, with some high density foam tucked inside of it at the contact points (like the engine cover's lower left hand corner, when I have that installed during cooler weather).
This also makes it look 'factory' enough to fool most of the techs as well, if/when it has to go back to the dealer. [:)]

brbauer2

I just had mine off when I installed my downpipe and wrapped a few zip ties around areas that showed signs of rubbing to create a bumper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

KKaWing

Those with Damond cans, please check the hose just after the check valve. They way I routed it, one of the engine mount bolts was digging into the hose and it was worn down to the braiding. Bought some new 5/8 heater hose and clamps for the fittings to replace it. Looking for heat resistant "cable looms" you know the corrugated pipe looking things? If anyone knows where to get ones that could stand under hood temperatures, send a link this way? Thanks!

brbauer2

Those with Damond cans, please check the hose just after the check valve. They way I routed it, one of the engine mount bolts was digging into the hose and it was worn down to the braiding. Bought some new 5/8 heater hose and clamps for the fittings to replace it. Looking for heat resistant "cable looms" you know the corrugated pipe looking things? If anyone knows where to get ones that could stand under hood temperatures, send a link this way? Thanks!
I literally just spoke with the owner of Damond in person on Thursday and showed him my hoses and he said they are looking into the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hrm...

Should i hold off on purchasing a Damond can? I almost pulled the plug but now im thinking i might want to wait. Any official word?

jayrod1980

Why would you wait? I've had the Damond catch can for over a year and about 25,000 miles. Zero problems... very easy to drain and catches a lot of gunk in the winter. It gets down into the 30's in the winter and out to 117F in the summer and not had a single problem. Getting alerts in my email on this thread it's like a 99 to 1 vote for the Damond can... seems to be the best to me, despite not having a cool glass viewing gauge. If your can fills too much, something's probably wrong with your car. I drain mine every 5,000 miles and it's never been full enough to worry about the level of gunk collected.

brbauer2

Hrm...

Should i hold off on purchasing a Damond can? I almost pulled the plug but now im thinking i might want to wait. Any official word?
At most its going to be a plastic sleeve like the one circled. Might also be a slight adjustment to how long the hoses are or where the bracket is placed vertically on the can.

Nothing to wait for IMO.

KKaWing

There's nylon sleeving available now. Just email Damond Motorsports and he can email you an invoice with them if its not on the site yet.

Sounds good guys!!!!!

I just figured if the design was going to change it might be worthwhile to wait. Im in no rush to spend money. :)

KKaWing

In case anyone is wondering what the nylon sleeves Damond is shipping, here is a picture.

Edit: the sleeve covers the entire length of both the hoses and are already cut to length.