Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Then you must be vigilant and check back often....or slip the counter guy in a grey shirt a Abraham Lincoln and Tele number to keep you Informed...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

So me being me, i thought it would be wise run ahead of things and order the Damond Motorsports OCC before taking delivery of my 2014 (EU) FiST. Now I found out the EU FiST (or at least mine) does not have the weld stud in the engine compartment! Buyers be aware [}(]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make your own....drill a hole or utilize a self tapping screw....

That would mean removing the RH shock assembly + taking the neccesary precautions to avoid corrosion... The whole point was having a plug&play solution. I would rather cut the PCV tubing and install a boomba OCC instead, but I have to wait for my CPE parts.

So do our Fiestas have a large amount of oil blow by to warrant the OCC? Or is it more of a looks thing? A friend of mine with a Hellcat has one and it collects a good amount of oil so I was just wondering how bad it was on the FiST.

So do our Fiestas have a large amount of oil blow by to warrant the OCC? Or is it more of a looks thing? A friend of mine with a Hellcat has one and it collects a good amount of oil so I was just wondering how bad it was on the FiST.
Not a looks thing. FiST's are direct injection meaning no fuel is cleaning the intake valves so you want to keep as much PCV oil / gasses away from them as possible.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not a looks thing. FiST's are direct injection meaning no fuel is cleaning the intake valves so you want to keep as much PCV oil / gasses away from them as possible.
It also helps with the prevention of the combustion mixture's octane rating being lowered slightly by those same said blow-by gasses/oil vapors.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What is the "VTA kit" that comes with the Damon kit? Do I need it?
It stands for Vent To Atmosphere...I don't have it...I have the oil cap that vents to atmosphere...a very tasty piece I might add...everything helps.

On my Mishimoto I have a drain valve installed with a 5/8" hose attached that runs down to the bottom of the engine bay and sticks out of the rock guard through a drilled hole. Easy to access and easy to install that drain. Every few thousand miles I just turn the lever for a minute and then close it up again. The mounting bracket allows for plenty of room to do this. I would post pictures if I had some

The Damon OCC comes with a drain valve already installed and it also comes with the length of hose to run to the bottom of the car. It also includes a check valve Installed in the correct hose and in the proper direction and OEM fittings that are correct for the year of your FiST so you do not have to cut your current vent line to get the fittings.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Damon OCC comes with a drain valve already installed and it also comes with the length of hose to run to the bottom of the car. It also includes a check valve Installed in the correct hose and in the proper direction and OEM fittings that are correct for the year of your FiST so you do not have to cut your current vent line to get the fittings.
^^^ALL of the above, plus where, and the way it is mounted are WHY I chose it over all of the others. [wink] [:)]
REALLY EASY and SOLID install! [thumb]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^ALL of the above, plus where, and the way it is mounted are WHY I chose it over all of the others. [wink] [:)]
REALLY EASY and SOLID install! [thumb]
Agreed 100% here...the only thing I wish they'd have done is having The hose sleeves when i purchased mine....I've got them now though...

felopr

I have the damond motorsport catch can with VTA kit, i find it the best out of all the catch can that is sold as a kit for our cars.
Comes with correct way measurement for the hoses both ways, has a check valve in the correct hose and in the correct way.
Diferent color hoses, also a hose sleeve for peace of mind. VTA option has a check valve also. it truly is a plug and play system and the most complete of them all.
The only minor setback is the drain valve, not that is bad but, but if you dont remove the catch can, is very dificult to get to it and open it, someone with big hands or someone with a full intake might have to remove the catch can to open the valve

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the damond motorsport catch can with VTA kit, i find it the best out of all the catch can that is sold as a kit for our cars.
Comes with correct way measurement for the hoses both ways, has a check valve in the correct hose and in the correct way.
Diferent color hoses, also a hose sleeve for peace of mind. VTA option has a check valve also. it truly is a plug and play system and the most complete of them all.
The only minor setback is the drain valve, not that is bad but, but if you dont remove the catch can, is very dificult to get to it and open it, someone with big hands or someone with a full intake might have to remove the catch can to open the valve
This is what my Gfs son is for...small hands and arms. Works great...now only if I could get him to join the circus in the summer time...so I can be free again to do as I please.

felopr

This is what my Gfs son is for...small hands and arms. Works great...now only if I could get him to join the circus in the summer time...so I can be free again to do as I please.

i have small hands also but yeah is a bitch to get to with a cobb cai in the way

Do catch cans even do anything. I've read that they are worthless
It's a subject of debate. My Damond does accumulate oil, so you be the judge. If you are skeptical, you'll have good company. For me it seems like cheap insurance if it helps reduce the documented carbon build-up on the intake valves.